eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: ✿ eBid blogs, blogging, bloggers list ✿

Default Re: ✿ eBid blogs, blogging, bloggers list ✿

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I have learned so much, now I just need to retain the information and use it
    That's the tricky bit when you get to my age!!!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Or mine

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am pleased to tell you all I have written the first blog of the year, and as I mentioned something about one a month, I'll better finish a project or two

Forum Lurker
    Chipping Sodbury, Bristol, United Kingdom
    View epeeist36's Feedback (+42)
    All-About epeeist36
    View epeeist36's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi ByKimbo, I think I posted a link to my blog - can't find my post though, so possibly I didn't!

Anyway, I'll try again

http://silentcompanions.blogspot.com/
    Mostly blogging about teddy bears, crafts and other stuff that inspires me!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epeeist36 View Post
    Hi ByKimbo, I think I posted a link to my blog - can't find my post though, so possibly I didn't!

Anyway, I'll try again

http://silentcompanions.blogspot.com/
    Mostly blogging about teddy bears, crafts and other stuff that inspires me!
    Great, I'll get that added on the next update, ta.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    Hmmmm.... I get the distinct impression that no one on the forums has the slightest interest in selling.
    What?

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

# 147 was posted some while ago. I thought finally someone had taken an interest but when I checked I was disapointed to find it wasn't the case. Blogging can be used to increase sales, no suprise! I don't know what others know about it but I've made some inroads into discovering how! Despite that my selling blog is still dead because I don't really think there's the interest (not enough to divert my attention away from my own sales activity anyway). Had a £200 sale today and the only thing stopping me getting more of the same is finding the time to list.

Comments not aimed at epeeist by the way.
    I thought both from your post and the blog name that it was all about tin plate toys, which don't interest me (nothing personal, just not a collector). Is this not the case?

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, indeed it is, but more importantly it's also an experiment in collecting and directing traffic.
    I'm still confused about your comment on nobody want to sell I'm afraid. Utterly lost!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Now why would you not understand me? The only thing that I can think of is that we have a different definition of 'selling'. Selling is the activity that leads to sales (at least in my little world). While I'm willing to concede that most people are interested in getting sales they're not much interested in the activity that leads to them. Either understanding it or putting it into practice. Well that's the thought more fully expressed anyway. Not much point in going on about techniques that work if there's no interest.
    Okay, I think I understand and I'm sorry if I'm being obtuse. Let me explain how *I* think the confusion arises... you commented rather cryptically that nobody was interested in selling, then when I asked about your meaning you pointed towards a post that in no way mentions selling, marketing or anything else that is immediately relevant to the point. Your last sentence above, however, hints at your meaning... you think your blog while apparently being about one specific subject should really be viewed as being an experiment (or possibly even a master class?) in a particular marketing or selling method - that is, generating sales via blogging on a specific subject to draw in people interested in that matter.

Now if that was your point, I think you might have been a bit too subtle. It's taken me until now to realise what you're talking about, and I have more invested in the thread than most since I started it and it's about my promotional squidoo lens. That being the case I think it might be safe to assume that lack of interest elsewhere is down to people making the same initial assumption I did "oh, tin toys, not my thing" rather than them not being interested in this "experiment" we didn't know about. Now that it's been spelled out you might find more people here look at following your lead. Or, of course, they might have got bored with my long-winded explanation and wandered off.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Now why would you not understand me? The only thing that I can think of is that we have a different definition of 'selling'. Selling is the activity that leads to sales (at least in my little world). While I'm willing to concede that most people are interested in getting sales they're not much interested in the activity that leads to them. Either understanding it or putting it into practice. Well that's the thought more fully expressed anyway. Not much point in going on about techniques that work if there's no interest.
    Unfortunately you are probably correct. Just from reading the forum posts most are in fact not interested in the steps required leading up to a sale (me included).
    The who, what, when and where's can be discussed but that would be a long winded post.
    Now please don't take this the wrong way, as any type of dig or any negativity on my part.
    I have watched and read forum posts and tried to follow categories being filled and membership numbers. I'm pretty sure we can agree most new members are coming from ebay and there until recently (2 - 3 years) selling wasn't required or needed. You didn't have to promote yourself, facebook or tweet anything just list and be fairly nice to people and the sales would come. Maybe the term sellers here is actual and there should be 'order takers" but these are the folks coming here and that is what they are used to and expect.
    If newbies coming over could possibly understand they actually need to sell here I beleive a lot of negativity we have experienced in the forums would diminish.
    Personally if I were retired I would most likely elect to sell my wares and promote myself instead of paying huge fees to have others do it for me. Working 50 to 60 hours per week makes it difficult to do and most of the time I am communicating from a mobile device while in the car or taking a few minutes at work to post something, answer questions or investigate current statistics.
    It's not as easy to actually sell for some as it is for others. It does take dedication and of course time.
    So i do agree folks don't know they have to or don't want to sell. How does eBid make them understand they need to?

Thread Information