Thread: ✿ eBid blogs, blogging, bloggers list ✿

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ✿ eBid blogs, blogging, bloggers list ✿

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Since I wrote about her that person has added another free pattern and given away stuff in a prize draw - should say she's not always THAT generous in such a short space of time!

Crumbs! Your visitors are certainly going up and up kedo! Brilliant! Numbers vary for me - I had 54 visitors yesterday and should go over the 8,000 "all time" visitors mark today if lucky!

Comments - now there's a minefield... I have a few very nice people who comment regularly but that's it so far. If I leave comments or questions elsewhere people tend to reply by email - so the exchange doesn't show on the blog which I think is a shame. It would be good to get a few more comments so that you know you aren't talking to yourself!

Leaving comments is very time consuming so I find so I tend to neglect this area and so far I can only bring myself to write something if I am prepared to take some time doing it and write something vaguely meaningful! I suppose this is why bloggers get reduced to things like "Wow!" and "I love it"! So often I don't get round to saying something even when I have found something I really like. New month's resolution is to do better in that area.

Followers - now I don't seem to be accumulating those very quickly - well not those whose little photos show anyway and yet I've had 263 visitors who have visited between 100 and 200 times each since I started the blog (I think that is what that statistic on Google analytics means). I get four times as many visitors from France as I do from the USA and a fair smattering from elsewhere too (sorry Dzambo - it appears there is a whole world out here!) I think the issue is that the French do not very often use blogger for their blogs (canalblog is the most popular and that doesn't seem to have a way of following blogger blogs???) I follow one canalblog lady and get an email every time she updates her blog - which actually shows the content so I have no reason to visit the blog to read it and that seems very weird. Surely that must make collecting statistics impossible? I must admit I find it difficult sometimes to know how I follow some blogs of different "makes" - eg is there a capacity for following yours Kim? I can't find it...
    ‘’…sorry Dzambo - it appears there is a whole world out here…’’

No…no…no…that’s ok I understand you…but I just add USA market is bigger consumers market in the whole world….and without going thru in that market is just no way to make bigger money…and if anybody thinks other I understand that but just give to me proof…how many can make living selling online without USA consumers market…I mean even China is big population but people in China can’t buy not even close in numbers example iphones like USA consumers market…in here exist very much credit and that way of living beat all other consumers markets…and people buy even if don’t have own money…so…you don’t care for that because you will have selling money for your item and you don’t care much how after that person pay pack credit company…...

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

...I follow one canalblog lady and get an email every time she updates her blog - which actually shows the content so I have no reason to visit the blog to read it and that seems very weird. Surely that must make collecting statistics impossible? I must admit I find it difficult sometimes to know how I follow some blogs of different "makes" - eg is there a capacity for following yours Kim? I can't find it...
    There should be! Top right of each of my tumblr blogs there should be a +follow button. There's also an RSS feed under "subscribe", which like your email comments makes me think hit stats are going to be about as accurate as they generally are. But what these sort of numbers *should* be useful for is comparative checks and trends. So you can see if one blog has more followers than another (assuming you have multiple blogs, as I do) and you can see if it's rising or falling in popularity. Actual *numbers* should not be taken as gospel, I think.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Crumbs! Your visitors are certainly going up and up kedo! Brilliant! Numbers vary for me - I had 54 visitors yesterday and should go over the 8,000 "all time" visitors mark today if lucky!
    Just passed 3000 hits. Sixty four today so far so seems to be rising quite sharply. I'm beginning to feel the pressure to add more content. There's quite a flow of traffic from the toy blog to the eBid blog too! Seems like a significant subset of my visitors are interested in alternative online auction sites.

How long have you been going to get to 8000?

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Updated my lens with a new featured blog tonight. And a certain very handsome tin plate turtle makes a perfect image link.

Forum Diehard
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, that one walks. It's bound to sell now it's making guest appearances around the net. Have you seen the one that has a baby on it's back (with nodding head)?

I'm itching to get the eBid blog going but I'm constantly bogged down with other stuff. Got to finnish decorating my daughters room by the end of school tomorrow or there will be tears.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    Yes, that one walks. It's bound to sell now it's making guest appearances around the net. Have you seen the one that has a baby on it's back (with nodding head)?

I'm itching to get the eBid blog going but I'm constantly bogged down with other stuff. Got to finnish decorating my daughters room by the end of school tomorrow or there will be tears.
    How's the painting going?

Everybody - keep me posted on your blogs if you want them added to the list. Any eBidders' blogs are welcome, don't need to be about eBid.

Forum Diehard
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    How's the painting going?

Everybody - keep me posted on your blogs if you want them added to the list. Any eBidders' blogs are welcome, don't need to be about eBid.
    Painting done, thank goodness!

The eBid blog has been delayed by the auction title talk on these forums. I don't look at other peoples auctions much, too busy, so rather blind to the issue. I think it may be one of the bigger 'failures to adapt' and lead to many of those "it sells over there but not here" comments. It's an obvious subject to include.
    Last edited by kedo; 27th March 2012 at 11:34 AM.

Forum Lurker
    View daysailer55's Feedback (+251)
    All-About daysailer55
    View daysailer55's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm afraid I have a very long list of blogs. I'd much appreciate if you could add the ones below. Some of the blogs are more active than others.

Colorado, snowboards, and scooters http://daysailer1.com/

Colorado Ski Deals and Bargains http://coloradoskideals.blogspot.com/

A Colorado Skibiker Goes Skibiking http://coloradoskibikerskibikingblog.blogspot.com/

Snowboard Instructor World http://snowboardinstructor.blogspot.com/

Buying and Selling on eBid.net http://buyingandsellingonebidnet.blogspot.com/

Colorado Thrift Store Shopping http://coloradothriftstoreshopping.blogspot.com/

Colorado Scooters http://coloradoscooters.blogspot.com/

Simply Scooters http://simplymotorscooters.wordpress.com/

Thank you so much for doing this. It's sure to add backlinking juice.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    Painting done, thank goodness!

The eBid blog has been delayed by the auction title talk on these forums. I don't look at other peoples auctions much, too busy, so rather blind to the issue. I think it may be one of the bigger 'failures to adapt' and lead to many of those "it sells over there but not here comments". It's an obvious subject to include.
    Yes, I found that discussion fascinating. I know I don't always agree with advice offered here, and naturally views will always vary... but I really thought including certain keywords was one of those things that even if you'd never thought of it the moment somebody suggested it a light bulb would go on; really can't see any basis for disagreement. Life's full of surprises.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daysailer55 View Post
    I'm afraid I have a very long list of blogs. I'd much appreciate if you could add the ones below. Some of the blogs are more active than others.

Colorado, snowboards, and scooters http://daysailer1.com/...

Thank you so much for doing this. It's sure to add backlinking juice.
    All done, and you're welcome. You might want to check I've not put any typos in!

http://www.squidoo.com/ebid-bloggers

Thread Information