eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Promoting ebid.net

Default Re: Promoting ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post

You keep a record of when you ate at McDonalds?
    I remember where I'd been at the time,
    & I know I haven't eaten anything from their restaurants since.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hazeleyes767 View Post
    Also I recently was informed ebid has been around as long as the darkside. If this is true the business plan here needs to be checked, how come ebid hasn't grown by leaps and bounds in 10 years.
    I am hazeleyes767
    Because eBid only catered to the UK exclusively for about 7 years until just before I joined up in February 2008 when they opened up to USA and Canada and then kept adding other countries. Us foreigners have a lot of catching up to do.

Jeweleffects

Thank you that answers the big question I had. Everyone else seemed to take it as criticism but it was more of a query. Now I have my answer.

Have great sales everyone.

I am hazeleyes767

Hazeleyes,

When I joined I tried to sign up to sell there was some kind of problem with the financial end of the registration process. Many newcomers from the US and Canada were like me, they were having a problem using their credit cards etc. The owners of eBid did a big website upgrade from what I understand and that problem was sorted out. I started listing here about a year ago and there have been more and more Americans and Canadians joining eBid. Like Jan said, we're a bit behind on this side of the pond.

How do I add a link to eBid to my webstore?

I meant to ask...How do I add a link on my webstore to direct people to eBid so they can see and buy my items on eBid----Also if eBid has 1 million memebers ask them to send a dollar or two to Gazza and Mark and have them advertize on TV in the USA since we have 300 million people here...Sponsor a NASCAR CUP SERIES car and it will be all over the different networks, papers, magazines ect.......lets get them going on some advertizing...I will paypal them 20.00

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Partspickers

We'd all like to see some advertising, but ebid (nor any other alt site) just does not have the revenue to be able to do it.

It seems to they like motor sport as the have done a sponsorship of a British racing motorbike.

I saw another site try to raise some funds like you suggest and they raised $16.000 which was enough to run a couple of ads in a local newspaper.

I the bumper sticker idea!

But they should say something like "I buy on ebid"

(ie aim the adverts at buying rathing than selling.)

Hi Julie--1 million members x 1.00 USD =1,000,000.00 ---that is an easy task--- I have been spending upwards of 2000.00 per month on feebay---I REALLY want eBid to WIN ! Also do you have any idea how to add the link to my webstore? I see the affiliate program...but I think that just directs them to eBid...is there a way to direct them to my store/listings?

Quote Originally Posted by partspickers View Post
    Hi Julie--1 million members x 1.00 USD =1,000,000.00 ---that is an easy task--- I have been spending upwards of 2000.00 per month on feebay---I REALLY want eBid to WIN ! Also do you have any idea how to add the link to my webstore? I see the affiliate program...but I think that just directs them to eBid...is there a way to direct them to my store/listings?
    Just out of interest...
    Whats all the ''ebid to WIN'' stuff?
    This is not a war - not an ''us vs them'' thing - it is a retail site.

As for getting all members to pay 1 dollar.
    I think not.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 4th May 2011 at 08:37 PM.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Partspicker

I don't know what you mean by link to your webstore.
    Do you mean your own website or the new online auction site with that name ?

Why not start a new thread on that subject and you should get some help?

As I said some members of the Ranch ran a members fund raising campaign and they raised $16,000 ebid may have twice as many members on the list, but how many are active after all ebid has been going 10 years.

When you say you are spending $2k a month is that on advertising your listings or on fvfees ?

And I tend to think that many members will say that it ebid's job to advertise, after all it is their business

Thread Information