Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New Affiliate Program

this was on auction bytes

Online auction site eBid is preparing to launch a new affiliate marketing program with Commission Junction, the largest pay-for-performance marketing network. Commission Junction will provide eBid affiliates with third-party tracking, real-time reporting and monthly commissions.

Payouts to affiliates will be made for referring users who then register as a buyer and also if they then upgrade to a Seller or Seller+ account. eBid charges sellers $74.99 for Seller+ accounts, meaning an affiliate could expect a payout of up to $37.50 (50%) for a single upgrade. Commission Junction will pay directly to affiliates' bank accounts in one of 8 currencies including USD, EUR, and GBP.

eBid co-founder Gary Sewell said, "Connecting millions of people around the world since 1999, our position as the leading eBay alternative online auction site, coupled with our new program gives affiliates a solid foundation and an unmatched opportunity to earn high paying commissions."

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/cab/abn/y11/m05/i12/s01

But I am wondering the same thing, as others

Do you need your own website to use this?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I signed up this morning and was certainly asked for my website. Since I have one it didn't occur to me to try without, so no idea what would have happened! Why not just have a go? Isn't that the easiest way to check?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Isn't that the easiest way to check?
    Not really, as to attempt to sign up you have to supply personal information. I have no problem doing that if I can use the service, but am not happy supplying them then to be told 'Thank you for giving us your personal details but you cannot use the facility.'.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Not really, as to attempt to sign up you have to supply personal information. I have no problem doing that if I can use the service, but am not happy supplying them then to be told 'Thank you for giving us your personal details but you cannot use the facility.'.
    Your personal details and the bit where you put your website in are on the same page. If it won't accept what you put, or don't put, in the web bit then don't submit the page. Of course, if you'd taken a look you'd know that. But maybe the page would have sucked the personal information out of your brain and loaded it into it's spy database to control the black helicopters waiting to take off and... no, you're right, I think I've gone OTT there. ;o))

Anyway, that's the important bit: there's a single page of info to put in, so take a look and see if it will work or not with whatever you have.

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+89)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Great press release but when will it go live ?
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/eBid/A...web8407814.htm

also, i have some questions.

What will happen to the old clixgalore one, will it still continue for a month or two ?

What will the payout amounts be for buyers and sellers ?

What about seller+ plus users that don't take the lifetime option and are on the subscription ?

If it's up to $37.50 (50%) for USD is it up to 50% of GBP £ for UK members ?

Can i add code to more than one site ?
    More wine please ...

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

...If you'd taken a look you'd know that. But maybe the page would have sucked the personal information out of your brain and loaded it into it's spy database to control the black helicopters waiting to take off and... no, you're right, I think I've gone OTT there. ;o))
    I did look at the application page and read all the bumf several times. Your assumptions were flawed and your sarcasm unwarranted.

When I tried to use the previous affiliates program that let you fully sign up. Only then did it tell you that you needed access to the root domain of the site - which, as mine is via my ISP, I do not have. That is why I sought any available clarification before signing up to this one.

Anyroads, still seems like too much faffing about - so forget it. Especially so if all you have to offer is the sarcasm.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I did look at the application page and read all the bumf several times. Your assumptions were flawed and your sarcasm unwarranted.

When I tried to use the previous affiliates program that let you fully sign up. Only then did it tell you that you needed access to the root domain of the site - which, as mine is via my ISP, I do not have. That is why I sought any available clarification before signing up to this one.

Anyroads, still seems like too much faffing about - so forget it. Especially so if all you have to offer is the sarcasm.
    That wasn't sarcasm, it was humour, hence the final punchline about going OTT, and I did offer the facts about how the page was laid out, which you chose to ignore and cut in your reply, to bolster your stance. I'm bored with trying to juggle your moods after years of doing so, and will now simply avoid. Cheerio.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo750 View Post
    also, i have some questions.
    Afraid if you don't understand it Jimbo the rest of us don't stand much of a chance.

There was some payout info here: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/cab/abn/y11/m05/i12/s01 - I don't know how accurate that is though (seems too high to me).
    Last edited by astral276; 13th May 2011 at 03:08 PM.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

...and will now simply avoid. Cheerio.
    Well, I might miss the condescending tone of many of your posts - but I will, no doubt, learn to live with the loss.

Thread Information