eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Could Be An eBay Rival

Forum Newbie
    All-About bigappledrinks
    View bigappledrinks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid Could Be An eBay Rival

eBid would need no advertising and could easily knock the market No.1 online auction site if you only paid for items that sold and eBid removed the seller fee's structure.
    This is the only reason we don't sell on eBid and when eBid realises this is a severe disadvantage in comparison to eBay, eBid could possible be a strong eBay rival, this would also mean a lot of businesses such as mine that sell our eBay would happily start selling on eBid but as we do not know how strong our sales will be on eBid we are not willing to throw money at selling on eBid.

Default Re: eBid Could Be An eBay Rival

I don't quite know what you are asking. eBid has several options already for a seller that is free to list, with a FVF about 1/3rd as much as eBay's.

http://us.ebid.net/help_money.php

The only options that really cost upfront fees are ones like highlight/bold/front page status/etc. And I agree with fees for those, because if those were free then every auction would include it and it would make no difference.
    Feel free to visit my shop and take a look around! Vintage video games, trading cards, and toys all at priced-to-sell affordability!

Vintage video games, trading cards, and toys
    http://video-games-trading-cards-and-toys.ebid.net

Forum Lurker
    View nan55's Feedback (+3562)
    All-About nan55
    View nan55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Personally... 49.49 is a small price to pay to find out if your items will sell LOL the 2% on gallery is a choice.

How cheap do you want it??? LOL

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigappledrinks View Post
    eBid would need no advertising and could easily knock the market No.1 online auction site if you only paid for items that sold and eBid removed the seller fee's structure.
    This is the only reason we don't sell on eBid and when eBid realises this is a severe disadvantage in comparison to eBay, eBid could possible be a strong eBay rival, this would also mean a lot of businesses such as mine that sell our eBay would happily start selling on eBid but as we do not know how strong our sales will be on eBid we are not willing to throw money at selling on eBid.

If this were a survey I would have to hit the "strongly disagree" button.

The eBid lifetime fee has little if nothing to do with more sellers not joining, if so they are off in their logic. The fee's here are low, low low and I can't imagine anyother site being lower and offering sellers what eBid offers. Selling $1,000.00 worth of items here for me easily covers that lifetime fee just in final value fee savings alone not to mention listing fees.
    We have the ability to communicate with the administrators, leave truthful feedback for both buyers and sellers and we can list as much as we want for however long we want.
    Nothing wrong with the fees here whatsoever. Self promoting is what eBid is all about and they have also started advertising on Social sites and wherever else they can to keep our fees low.
    The choices in my opinion are simple. Either promote yourself and become responsible for how much you sell (low fees) or pay someone to advertise for you, sit back and make sales without promoting yourself (high fees). It is our choice nobody elses.

OP- you have already 'joined' as a seller - why not list some items and see how they go? All it will cost you is your time....
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't agree with your ideas as well.

Just having your listings on ebid is not going to set the world on fire.

In the real world there is a well known phrase called "you get what you pay for"
    And if you pay nothing......

Also if people coulf put up all of their tat on ebid for free, it would not help.

I suggest that if you are a serious long term seller that the ebid life time Seller+ deal is a very good one.

If I understand the OP, he objects to any and all listing fees.

We paid for the Seller+ membership as soon as we joined eBid. That was less than two months' listing fees on FeeBay. We don't use any of the special features, so we have never paid fees to list our items. We pay 2% FVF when something sells.

This site is a bargain. And we are selling more than we did on FeeBay.

Smile Re: eBid Could Be An eBay Rival

It seems to me that people who have sold on eBay, Know what's up. Like me! I was eBayer for a long time, Made a lot of sale's but most of my profit's went to eBay fee's, and PAYPAL in with eBay. 2% here is nothing!. On eBay by time I bought my product listed it, Sold it paid the seller's fee's I ended up making .48 Cents off one item, I pay almost five times that amount for my product. The only way to make some kind of money was to list items in two's, three's, and four's, For my type of product.
    Yes it has been slow here but if you use Facebook, Twitter, And list some of your items as bid you'll get more hit's on your site. Since I've been here I haven't sold anything but my hit's to my page has jump a lot since I started with twitter, That one seems' to get some attention to your listing's. But as for fee's! Here I sell a single item $5.00 I pay .10 Cent fee. eBay same $5.00 item .45 Cent fee. plus listing fee's BIG DIFFERENCE.

View Shawnannie's Feedback (+482)
    All-About Shawnannie
    View Shawnannie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigappledrinks View Post

I totally disagree but I have a question "So why do you post here if you don't like it here??". The pricing over here is so clear cut which is nothing like "Feebay". I have been selling there for a couple of years. But when you calculate how much net profit that you have made at the end of each month...Well, nothing really much left for us. Some times I thought I was working for "Feebay" more than running my own business. As they keep increasing their listing fee and changing their rules. I have no idea how to follow the rules of game anymore.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

When you are on the main page of eBid.net please click in the far upper-left of your screen where it says:

eBid vs eBay .. An independent comparison.
    See why thousands are coming to eBid.

You will then be able to change your view of eBid vs. *bay I'm sure. While this thread will most probably garner you many "boo's" I do welcome you to eBid and hope that you will list your items here...best of luck!

Thread Information