Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: eBid Could Be An eBay Rival

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Could Be An eBay Rival

You could well be right hotadvantage....
    Though I have to admit, I don't consider myself an 'expert' on collectables.
    I chose Pokemon trading cards to sell for a couple of reasons.......

First, it was a way of 'changing direction' for me. When I joined eBid in December, my intention was to sell a range of electronic 'gadgets'.
    I soon realized that it wasn't going to be viable for me to import my stock and then post out of Australia overseas.
    (The postage alone would kill any margin).
    So I then started frantically sourcing 'Dropship' suppliers and after a lot of effort found a couple of good ones.
    But then I realized that this would also create potential problems for me - (possible delayed delivery times, stock availability etc etc.).

So I decided to only sell items I have in my personal posession.
    That's when I started looking at the cheapest possible postal approach, and realised that 'envelopes' were far far cheaper than parcels.
    That's when I went for the trading card approach, since my son was right into them and was a bit of an expert.

But I wouldn't say I'm an expert, all I've done is come to an understanding of how to 'catagorize' them in a fashion, based on fairly simple 'common', 'uncommon', 'rare' etc.
    I've seen some amazingly varied prices being asked for various cards and there doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason at times, except of course if they're very rare cards.

I'm also offering them because they're very 'affordable' as far as a buyer's concerned - I want to build up my feedback, and gain experience in online sales.

This is a little off the original topic for this thread - so you could always start a thread of your own on the subject...
    Last edited by emporiumdays; 13th June 2011 at 11:40 AM.

I read my way through this so I figure I owe a few words. Hi, my name is Dan and I sell Body Piercing Jewerly. I like to give great deals on quality stuff but my low prices are killing me on ebay. I sell a lot of stuff for 1.89 and the fees are killing me. I got a Lifetime Seller+

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

bling4body

Welcome aboard

So did you switch your paypal to micro-payments or what ever it is called? It would at least kill off some of the fees.

I know nothing yet of micro-payments but will learn. I'm here for the long haul and don't expect to close my ebay store just yet, I will sell cheaper here and try to help promote. I belive this site has a lot of possibilities and I want to be here when it takes off.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Well said Dzambo
    It would be great if every member on here listed more.
    But some of us don't have many items to list
    And if members got more sales, they would list more.
    Its the old chicken and egg situation.

So the best way to get to your 30 million is to get the API up and running
    And get more members to join ebid (and stay) and to help them sell more
    And for us all to buy as much as we can from ebid.
    Well…’’babe’’…you say…’’ But some of us don't have many items to list’’ and ‘’ and if members got more sales, they would list more.’’….
    What I can say…heh...before some time I am like you a sample been here and have only couple items and post threads day to day and guess what? Maybe one buyer or not at all…and I decide I going to find any kind of item and try to list day to day and let see what is going to happened…I stop to write threads that much day to day and spend my time finding items and list in here and everything go just fine for me after that…I start to selling more and more but I list day to day even more…So not much ‘’excuses’’ for me because I not going to wait and say ‘’I don’t have many items to list’’ I going to find it and this is very easy…and nobody have much chance to sell if not has try to list many items and different items…As I say before I see one simple things all ‘’other’’ auction sites have only couple millions items or couple hundred thousand items and all this sites go around and around without much moving up with listed items…on eBay I think old members or new members don’t have much sales like before but same exactly members try to list more and any kind of item and try to give attentions for potential buyers in that way and not much write all around which many buyers don’t look much, buyers look for ITEMS not for some of information’s or all other stuff which not have nothing to do with auction site…In the end we can talk and talk but if we try to list many items and go close for eBay listing numbers many things will change for better without any advertising…we don’t have any listing fee or fee for stores so invest money…find item…and list…with millions more new items we will make it…with millions threads as can you see nothing will change…AMEN……...

Forum Diehard
    All-About emporiumdays
    Forum Posts

Well said Dzambo!

Do you know of somewhere I can go to get help to break my posting habbit?
    You know - Like 'Alcoholics Anonymous' - but for someone who can't give up the Forums?
    Last edited by emporiumdays; 14th June 2011 at 04:34 AM.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well...Steve…I can advise you in same way like I do: just give up ‘’posting habits’’ and go for ‘’listing habits’’…simple as that.....
    (If you are on auction site)…....

Forum Diehard
    All-About emporiumdays
    Forum Posts

Excellent Dzambo - You're so right - it's a matter of changing 'Habbits' and we are creatures of Habbit.
    You are a wise person.

Red face Re: eBid Could Be An eBay Rival

Ebid is the best alternative to ebay but due to bad publicity no one has heard of ebid. they need to promote with a TV and national press advert.Ebay continue to dominate the online auction market because they have become ingrained in the minds of the public as the only auction site, EBID IS THE BEST AUCTION SITE NOBODY HAS HEARD OF !!!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ebid is 4,000,000 USA listings (it fluctuates a bit)

And on the PSU Auction chart we are on 4,600,000.

So it could be only a couple of months that we are on 5 million listings.

If ebid could get there first (before our other 2 main rivals) that would really draw some attention from more sellers.

As always we need more good sellers, good listings at fair prices and more variety.

Thread Information