Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Could Be An eBay Rival

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Could Be An eBay Rival

Quote Originally Posted by Riflesports View Post
    Im afraid having been on here for a couple of weeks now and sold nothing im starting to think the ebay fees are justified. Ebid does not advertise at all - no advertising=no business! its not our job to promote ebid, it not our company. From what i have read ebid is only a year younger than ebay yet has not made anywhere near as much progress in that time. The only way this site will be jump started into life is by a massive marketing campaign ie tv, google adwords etc. I pay in the region of 200-300 a month in fees to ebay but turn over about £2000 so 10% is not to much to drop off my margin. Ive been looking in the sector in which i sell and no one has any feedback at all in fact two people have some how managed to get negative feedback. The one seller who does have feedback has had it imported from else where!! Ebid will never rival ebay because it simply does not put in the capital investment to make it work.
    You need to give ebid more than 2 weeks.
    Sure we don't have the sales that ebay has,
    But if sellers keeping going back to ebay your 10% fees will soon be 15% etc etc.

I havent gone back my products are still on here, im just not selling anything! Its not a case of running back its a case of wanting to make money and at the moment ive lost money by paying my sign up fees! Ebid needs a marketing stratagy, you cant really on sellers coming here what ebid needs is buyers.

I've been here about a year and I have decided that I'm going to continue listing here. (I've had 40 some odd sales of various little items.) Right now many of my auctions have closed and I need to get some listing done again.

The only way that I can see eBid becoming a rival of you-know-what is if sellers list a lot of items. Part of the problem that I find is that when I want to buy a widget, that there aren't any of what I'm looking for on eBid, so I end up having to go elsewhere.

It goes without saving that what one person likes to buy on-line isn't the same as what another person shops for. eBid needs more sellers and more items in order to become more competitive, in my opinion. So, I had better take my own advice and get listing. :-)

I actually think Ebid should have mandatory fees on all auction items. Two reasons why. Because if I put an item up for auction and the price isn't high enough I can bid on it myself (with a second account or a friend) bidding the price up. And if I end up buying it who cares because I can relist it at a later time. A fee actually encourages honesty. I am not going to bid on something myself if I know I'll loose money on it if I win. It's not a true auction when it can be rigged. Second, I list everything in a gallery because I want Ebid to make money. Ebid can't become a true competitor of Ebay unless it has enough revenue. Honestly I would even buy a bond or stock in Ebid just so it could compete better with Ebay.

You are right, I haven't sold a single thing on Ebid ....without the help of Ebay. Here is what I do and I have had a fair amount of success in the short time I've been on Ebid. BTW you may want to check out my store on here, feel free to steal my ChearperThanEbay logo if anyone is interested. I have a lot of items that are similiar so I will list maybe 5 on Ebay and the rest on Ebid at a lower price (even the shipping is lower). After the sale on Ebay I email them and let them know I have items on Ebid and they are all cheaper, even the shipping. I let them know I have multiple items sometimes but on Ebid everything is sifnifigantly cheaper because of no fees. Every time I do this I have sold out of my Ebid product for that category. In fact my store is almost empty on here now. So not only am I making a sale I am spreading the word about Ebid by signing people up and letting them know to look on here for cheaper prices.
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...aper-than-ebay

It has to be buyers, sellers and items for Ebid to continue growing.

Quote Originally Posted by AllMarksStuff View Post
    I actually think Ebid should have mandatory fees on all auction items. Two reasons why. Because if I put an item up for auction and the price isn't high enough I can bid on it myself (with a second account or a friend) bidding the price up. And if I end up buying it who cares because I can relist it at a later time. A fee actually encourages honesty. I am not going to bid on something myself if I know I'll loose money on it if I win. It's not a true auction when it can be rigged. Second, I list everything in a gallery because I want Ebid to make money. Ebid can't become a true competitor of Ebay unless it has enough revenue. Honestly I would even buy a bond or stock in Ebid just so it could compete better with Ebay.
    eBid are very hot on Shill bidding, you cannot have two accounts without clearing it with them first.

If they allow you two accounts there can be no interaction between them, or both accounts will be closed.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Newbie
    View Supergr8deals's Feedback (+862)
    All-About Supergr8deals
    View Supergr8deals's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have only been on ebid for a few days now and see tremendous potential. I have an e-bay store that I am very frustrated with. In my business there is a lot of competition. Ebay does not protect the little guy. I am not going to go into iut but huge sellers on e-bay have tactics to keep the little guy down and ebay supports this. My seller fees on ebay run over $500 dollars a month so this shows you how much I sell. Complaints to ebay go unanswered. In the past week I have done online chat, direct phone call and messaging about a problem and they keep telling me they will get back to me within 48 hours. Guess what? its been a week. Anyway, if you want to continue to pay those fees, which are going up because they will start charging commisiion on shipping in June, you go right ahead. I have started listing items on Craigslist with a link to my Item. I have one item that has received over 2500 views since yesterday. Thats one craigslist post in one major city. If anything, it gets the word out.

View arms87's Feedback (+321)
    All-About arms87
    View arms87's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigappledrinks View Post
    eBid would need no advertising and could easily knock the market No.1 online auction site if you only paid for items that sold and eBid removed the seller fee's structure.
    This is the only reason we don't sell on eBid and when eBid realises this is a severe disadvantage in comparison to eBay, eBid could possible be a strong eBay rival, this would also mean a lot of businesses such as mine that sell our eBay would happily start selling on eBid but as we do not know how strong our sales will be on eBid we are not willing to throw money at selling on eBid.
    Most nonsensical post EVER.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arms87 View Post
    Most nonsensical post EVER.
    Why do you say that ?

Do you mean that on free to join and list sites people tend to park their junk ?

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Re: eBid Could Be An eBay Rival

Well…once for all eBay have right now about 8,800.000 Millions Collectibles listed and most of this stuff is very low price and THAT mean : how in God sake sellers on eBay make any money or profit after sale this stuff….doesn’t matter what anybody say after very big fees from eBay and Pay Pal I don’t think many can make any money at all…but people list and nobody say ‘’this is junk’’ or ''parking site''…and by the way eBay have more of 2 times Collectibles on listing from eBid total all items…so in the end if anybody say ‘’parking site’’ I think eBay is more parking site from eBid because if you sell on eBay any collectibles low price item this is not only ‘’junk’’ ‘’parking site’’ this is mean my friend you’re not only list this stuff on eBay you’re sell this almost for FREE and you work for yourself free but not for eBay…you work…you list…you pay...instead eBay paying you….how about that for answer….AMEN……..

Thread Information