Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: eBid Could Be An eBay Rival

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Could Be An eBay Rival

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGrandma View Post
    Mmy support goes to places that show business accumen and ebid is in serious danger of getting over taken and left floundering in the water being an also ran that dithered when the time was right to make a move.
    Ghurka~
    Which places do you support
    Which other sites have made a move that is noticable when the time was right ? (ie now)

What can the alts do with limited advertising money ?

The alt site that is doing really well is etsy, and it recieved $20 million dollars in venture capital funding.
    Therefore the original owner and founder has lost control.

I agree with you that we should be able to list on any site without having to do any outside promotion.
    I don't promote my store on ebid anywhere, as I also have a website that I try to promote.

But I do promote ebid as being a great alt site anywhere else I can.

Hope you enjoy your 9% fv fees and fees on shipping.

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well Hellsgrandma - you have valid points.

The outside 'real World' is indeed rather 'scarey'
    (as you put it) - but it's certainly NOT the 'Real Life' (that's another issue).
    As eBay continues to turn up the heat on it's Sellers, it's only natural that some decide to hop out of the boiling pot.
    They seek refuge elsewhere. eBid is claimed by many to be an alternative. That it is.
    A 'viable' alternative? - most would agree that it isn't - at the moment.
    Beyond that it's purely speculation.... and everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh deary me .. you are devoted to ebid

drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel
    drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel

~Ghurka~
    There is only one problem that shows the holes in your argument.

YOU ARE HERE

If things are so rosy on ebay why are YOU and so many sellers now looking at the alternatives? Ebid has been around for as long as ebay yet only now there is a massive influx of sellers like YOU searching for alternatives.

I mean if things were as good as you say over there then why are you even looking at an alternative?

Now maybe without the rant and "alternatives hatred" rubbish you are spouting, you can answer the simple question and actually take part in the discussion rather than trying to use the forum as your blog.

Or will you do what I expect you will do and ignore the question and continue ranting your drivel.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Heh…Steve….so nobody can guarantee anything….and that’s right….
    In my opinion it is all up to buyers and eBay keep raising fee prices all the time and buyers know exactly if any site keep raising fee prices and buyers will pay much more for the same exactly item or similar or any other item I never understand why in God sake like this buyers keep coming back knowing will pay much more and get much less for own money….I mean ok some sites don’t have exactly same item which buyers looking for BUT many sites just have exactly same items like eBay and many same exactly items so why buyers not try a less to save huge amount of own money for like this items….I just say example for some of my items collectible stuff because I see many buyers keep buying from eBay sellers and pay 5 to 7 times differences in prices for exactly same item!!!!!....and for other items which in here many selling the buyer will pay on eBay 3 to 4 times more for same exactly item...And that’s not smart at all anybody can say anything but in my opinion any person before throw own money around same exactly person will need to check whole internet for prices around…doesn’t matter for advertising and doesn’t matter for name of site and person need to buy with secure payment if the seller don’t offer that for any auction site just don’t buy because still all around millions same exactly items with secure payment why been in hurry? Just take you time and check all around in the Net and believe me Is not going to take you much time just type name of item and search engine on the Net will give to you all items and all prices where particular item is.
    And that’s is smart shopping without advertising without rip-off without usual stuff…In the end why pay couple times more if you can find same exactly item for much less…AMEN….....

P.S. Steve good day to you and good luck...in here is early morning 8.17 AM Dzambo go for work....beed good Steve.........

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh deary me .. you are devoted to ebid and do not like a single word said againt it that is clear but the fact remains that I and MANY MANY others come here because of the hype about it being like ebay and it is NOTHING like ebay at all so should not be compared with it to lure sellers to sign up.
    I believe sellers coming over are genuinely upset about higher fees at ebay and are looking for an alternate site. That is how I ended up here. Read the ebay letter reagrding the new fee structure and started looking for a different site to sell on, eBid came up, it looked good so I started listing items here.

Ebid lacks buyers plain and simple and that is why people list here then leave.
    Exactly

I have said I see ebid as nothing more than a holding pen because it has no buyers.. well okay a few but not on the level it needs to be viable to people who want to sell more than the odd few items.What is on my 'about me' page doesnt matter because you have next to no buyers to read it.
    I wouldn't call it a holding pen. Items I had listed here had to be removed daily due to the same items selling elsewhere for much more money. About me page, plug your auctions in the forum, don't use all caps are terms I can never agree with. On the other site and to this day I have nothing on an about me page and have yet to visit those forums and most of my listings are all caps. I have no trouble at all selling my items there.

As to my not having sold on here in 5 months .. get real deary .. some folks have not sold on here for donkeys years .. its ebid itself NOT HAVING ENOUGH BUYERS that is the problem...is that clear enough.
    All the snide remarks from long timers about it being free to list so not selling doesnt matter is ridiculous those who say it have absolutely no understanding of business.
    I have stated this in these forums several times "what good does it do to be able to list for free and have low FVF's if your not selling anything". I will never knock any seller for what they sell or how much they sell but for sellers to be unable to understand what newbies coming over expect from an on line auction site is incredible. To defend the site by stating they are happy selling $500.00 worth of merchandise in a 2 year period is hysterical. Yes newbies coming over may want to sell $500 to $1000 per day. Why are they being made fun of for wanting this?

There is no such thing as a free lunch or free carrier bag both are sweeteners.. the free lunch is to gain someones business and is a business expense offset against the custom and revenue the person lunching will bring... the free carrier bag part is so people will buy from that store, if the free carrier is not any good people discard it. BUT ebids offer of free listing does not bring in sales so its not free..there is nothing to offset the outgoing against ..well if you want to wait years and years to recoup it yes it will . if you go out for the free lunch and only get the taster then you dont invest more.. if the shop offering the free carrier bag doesnt offer anything to warrant the free bag in return you dont shop there again.
    I have mentioned similar so many times it's not even funny anymore. Fees are a cost of doing business period. These costs get passed on to the consumer period. Sellers who have been listing here and on ebay list items here for much less (majority of them anyway) so it stands to reason the items should be flying out the door here due to low overhead and it just doesn't happen.

Its time ebid took a very serious look at itsself and worked out how to ettract BUYERS.. what seller who doesnt sell and can see no viable influx of buyers is going to promote this site... what does ebid want them to promote to others ..hey come and join up, pay the lifetime fee but dont expect to sell much if anything at all in the first months, years.
    I find it impossible to promote this site as an alternate to eBid. Lack of response from sellers who have dumped and ran due to lack of sales, website glitches and a lack of variety make it hard to look at anybody with a straight face and say go to ebid for all your on line needs.

I sell on ebay .. yes they charge fees but the sales are there also and as any business knows you temper your incoming to be inline with your outgoings. .. no one that rents premises would not expect rent rises, council tax rises . my account on ebay is not in danger, why should it be, I can afford the fees, my dsr rating is good and i have a very high compliance rating,of course many jump ship to be on here because they have been banned, restricted or removed from ebay that much can easily be read on ebay forums.
    I have seen many posts in the forums about folks being kicked off ebay due to low dsr's and they come here to eBid. Great just what eBid needs sellers who sugar coat their listings, don't respond in a timely fashion, take their time to ship and rip folks off on the shipping charges. Indeed keep em coming.

I also use my own websites but i will not promote ebid as a vialble alternative until it shows it is one and at present it is not.. its the site owners who need to be sorting their own advertising out ..in effect its not my problem its theirs which is why i can put what i have done on my about me page.
    I had my own website for 2 years and didn't promote it. I was just too busy selling items to pay enough attention to it or promote it. I just decided to let an auction site promote for me and I would pay them rather then pay for my own advertising and website fees.

Keep wearing your pretty rose tinted spectacles.. i applaud you for your devotion even if it is misplaced...YOU may NEED to support places like ebid but i do not .. my support goes to places that show business accumen and ebid is in serious danger of getting over taken and left floundering in the water being an also ran that dithered when the time was right to make a move.
    Yes, eBid is losing time to make a move but it appears eBid does not want to make that move and gain strength. I'm not sure if they can't or don't want to handle it or are just afraid of success but by mid July of this year the right time will have expired and if eBid does not act on it well let's just say these type of posts will continue over and over again.

Now play nicely boys and girls and dont forget to masage one anothers ego and buy from each other to prove ebid is real !!!If that fails try stepping away from your keyboard and venture into the outside world, yeah its big and scarey but it may help to show you what real life is all about.
    It is actually nice the folks here can chat back and forth, enjoy each others company and share their experiences and also share their wares but this is not helping the site to grow. More buyers are definately needed. Whether more sellers will bring more buyers only time will tell. More variety of listings would certainly help and in the 9 months I have been here I have seen quite a bit of variety sellers join but leave due to lack of sales.

~Ghurka~
    Ebid and eBidders need to pay attention to what Hellsgrandma has to say. Quite a few valid points in this post and others. Does anybody here really want to sell a lot of items? It doesn't sound like it, instead a few items a week or a month just seems to keep everyone happy. What are you all afraid of?

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Heh…Steve….so nobody can guarantee anything….and that’s right….
    [SIZE=3]In my opinion it is all up to buyers and eBay keep raising fee prices all the time and buyers know exactly if any site keep raising fee prices and buyers will pay much more for the same exactly item or similar or any other item I never understand why in God sake like this buyers keep coming back knowing will pay much more and get much less for own money….I mean ok some sites don’t have exactly same item which buyers looking for BUT many sites just have exactly same items like eBay and many same exactly items so why buyers not try a less to save huge amount of own money for like this items….

That's pretty much what the question has always been here. Why do buyers keep buying the same items elsewhere at a higher price?
    In our own little worlds we each have a different way we search for things on the Internet. When I polled over 100 people about 6 months ago at least 95% polled stated they search eBay first when looking for an item. Not Bing, not Google, not Yahoo but yes eBay. They have everything and if you want to find what a buyer will pay for something eBay is the place to look. They even had the funky looking hat worn at the "Royal Wedding" up for auction on eBay. They have been around as long as Ebid but you tell me why the eBay name still stands out in everyones mind? Do you honestly believe it has anything to do with sellers promoting themselves? Nope, it was their massive ad campaign which brought an influx of sellers and buyers to their site. Once the site was strong they stopped advertising but to this day on any news channel when anything of importance is being auctioned off the eBay name is mentioned. Face it right now it is the place to go to buy and sell.

I just say example for some of my items collectible stuff because I see many buyers keep buying from eBay sellers and pay 5 to 7 times differences in prices for exactly same item!!!!!....and for other items which in here many selling the buyer will pay on eBay 3 to 4 times more for same exactly item...And that’s not smart at all anybody can say anything but in my opinion any person before throw own money around same exactly person will need to check whole internet for prices around…doesn’t matter for advertising and doesn’t matter for name of site and person need to buy with secure payment if the seller don’t offer that for any auction site just don’t buy because still all around millions same exactly items with secure payment why been in hurry? Just take you time and check all around in the Net and believe me Is not going to take you much time just type name of item and search engine on the Net will give to you all items and all prices where particular item is.[/SIZE

Folks buy where they can trust. Read some of the forums here. No response from seller, sent payment haven't recieved merchandise yet, seller has a strikethrough. C'mon would you buy after reading things of this nature? No but you will buy from friends in the forums.

]
    And that’s is smart shopping without advertising without rip-off without usual stuff…In the end why pay couple times more if you can find same exactly item for much less…AMEN….....

P.S. Steve good day to you and good luck...in here is early morning 8.17 AM Dzambo go for work....beed good Steve.........
    Not extremely smart but if keeps you happy then more power to you. Smart would be to go where the action is and your sale prices cover your fees but you work 2 jobs and have thousands of items listed. You would not have enough time in your day for smart sales.
    Of course just my opinions.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…’’Al’’ I just say search all Internet before you buy it’s all about the money…and by the way anybody know eBay is the most sued company in whole world for about FAKE items…and how in God sake any buyer can have trust on that auction site…???....
    For Asian sellers on eBay which have a Millions items in my opinion a 99.9% is the FAKE….and this is going for years and years…I mean c’mon….TRUST what trust…heheh….......

P.S. God day to you ''Al''...don't drink too much...........

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well…’’Al’’ I just say search all Internet before you buy it’s all about the money…and by the way anybody know eBay is the most sued company in whole world for about FAKE items…and how in God sake any buyer can have trust on that auction site…???....
    For Asian sellers on eBay which have a Millions items in my opinion a 99.9% is the FAKE….and this is going for years and years…I mean c’mon….TRUST what trust…heheh….......

P.S. God day to you ''Al''...don't drink too much...........

Oh, okay.

I keep hearing (including lots of times in this thread) that ebid is viable alternative auction site.

I prefer to call it an ''additional'' auction site - aka just another shop window to show my goods.
    Nothing more - nothing less.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 10th June 2011 at 05:45 PM.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

The same question to you adruml, if sales are all that matter then why are you searching other sites if it is so good over there?

And poles are nothing in most cases, as they are all dependent on what you ask and where you ask it.

You do all seem to be taking the short term or even blinkered view on the growth of ebid, as you seemingly continue to ignore the continues changes ebay continue to create, as they change to their new image.

Auctions are not part of that new image and are being pushed off ebay, if you like it or not, they will not exist, other than to host a few charity events in the future of ebay, as they have everything against them. From fee structure to the demands of ebay.

Most auction sellers tend to think the ripoff fee structure that they use for auctions is the same as those that BIN sellers are using, so unless they sell low cost items they are not going to list their goods on ebay. They will look for alternatives.

You also have the fact that ebay is becoming too complicated to use for new users.

Simple reason why:
    What is the fee to list an item on ebay?
    Well em it depends if you list auction or BIN, it depends on your start price, it depends if you are a power seller or a platinum seller, it depends what country you are in

What shipping can you charge?
    Well em it depends on your country, on the category.

How many free photographs do you get on your listing?
    It depends on the category, or if you use an off ebay listing tools

What does it cost if you sell your item on ebay?
    Em it depends on who you are, have you washed your face that morning.

Now most that have looked elsewhere understand most of those questions but there are a lot of people that are just not that savvy

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I keep hearing (including lots of times in this thread) that ebid is a viable alternative auction site.

I prefer to call it an ''additional'' auction site - aka just another shop window to show my goods.
    Nothing more - nothing less.
    I think a lot of people see it like that, just as ebay is a place you use to market your off ebay sales, whether it be here or your own site.
    Last edited by hotandvintage; 10th June 2011 at 05:43 PM.

Thread Information