Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Attention gary and mark---automotive section.

Default Attention gary and mark---automotive section.

Greetings from across the pond---We came over from the other site that everyone one is calling feebay because of the lower fees---however we have listed a couple hundred items on here in the Automitive section and after 4 weeks I am sad to report that we have had Zero sales and Zero Questions, however a lot of views and I am not sure if that is because of the Google intregation or if it is actual members---the recent fee increases on the other site could make eBid a huge Automotive section, but if the sellers from there do there homework and read the "Automitve Forums" they will RUN!---I have been active on there the last month and people say you need to be patient and sales will pick up. I have noticed that sellers such as bacondozen have been listing on here for 9 YEARS and states no luck in all those years, and other sellers that have migrated over have "imported" their feedback because they havent had the opportunity to sell anything here to receive feedback from eBid "buyers". I have been reading the forum posts and there have been some good suggestions on there in regards to how to make the Automotive Section of eBid better, however I am thinking it is all falling on deaf ears. I, like many other sellers, would be more than willing to assist your staff with suggestions to improve the site, however it will not happen if only members are talking--WE NEED SOME HELP from eBid support. Also I upgraded to a lifetime subscription on eBid and I am seeing several $1.99 charges debited on my checking account from eBid...any idea why that is?---Thank you in advance for your assistance
    Last edited by Mark; 15th May 2011 at 05:39 PM.

Default Re: Attention gary and mark---automotive section.

I want to thank the ebid staff for the super fast response (on a Sunday no less!) and let everyone know they are very interested in improving the Automotive Section and are welcoming any and all suggestions---So anyone with sugestions,questions, or concerns please let them know--thanks again eBid staff!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you are seeing fees, then some of your listings are featured? or similar. if this was unintentional, email support@ebid.net. about it. They are very good about refunding fees.

Your other problems I cannot solve.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I am confident that they will address all concerns and I am impressed with the customer support here...they responded within minutes with a REAL email and on a Sunday! We are currently cooresponding via email on this subject. Try to get that on Feebay!

Westlondoncarparts suggestions:
    Re: Is Anyone Having Any Luck Selling Parts?
    OP, This is probably the wrong place for me to make these comments so feel free to copy and paste them elsewhere in the Forum.

1. Until such time as the site search functionality matches the site listing functionality, then any comments about how the automotive section structure could be tweeked is probably a bit academic and meaningless. By that I mean that there is drill down that sellers are required to select from when listing. The search functionality does not allow potential buyers to follow the same drill down when searching for parts. This might not be a big problem if somebody knows exactly what they are looking for as they can type that into the search box. It is, however, a problem for somebody who is what I call a ‘leisure’ buyer. There are some people, particularly those who own classic cars, who might not be needing any specific part but would be happy to spend an afternoon browsing through listings to see what parts are around. The search functionality does not really help these people to focus on certain parts of the automotive area and so what I would call ‘leisure shopper’ sales do not come through.

2. There is inconsistency between categorisations for classic car parts and for modern day car parts. Classic car parts correctly have a drill down first by make of car, e.g. Ford. Modern day car parts have a drill down by type of part first, e.g. engine parts. It would be better if modern cars had the same level of drill down by make as do the classic cars. Furthermore, it looks as if the type of part categorisation for modern cars was copied from another competitor website that does not have a reputation for good project management or for getting the detail correct. The type of part categorisation is not comprehensive and could do with being reworked. If at any time eBid would like to have another look at these categorisations, I would be happy to give my comments.

3. I do not have many items listed here at present but there is a trickle of sales coming through.

4. I have commented elsewhere in this site's Forum about links between eBid members and eBay. Some time ago, business on eBid was really hurt in my opinion when we got all the people that eBay kicked off their site for poor performance coming here and moaning about eBay in the eBid Forum. Although the situation in the Forum here is much better now, there is one thing in particular that could be done in the Forum which I feel would improve the image of the site. The Kitchen Table is billed as ‘Chat about anything you fancy, renamed especially for our refugee population!!’ It would be much better if somebody could delete this reference to eBay and not present this as a site for eBay refugees. EBid needs to stand on its own two feet in the market place with its own unique selling proposition to buyers and sellers. Please let us get away from eBay. There were lots of problem sellers on eBay and it was correct that eBay got rid of them. Please do not let the world think that eBid is a safe haven for them with the same poor selling standards.

Thank you.

I would like to RESUGGEST all of these again...these are seriously in need of attention

Thread Information