154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I would like an optional choice of MAKE AN OFFER

117 75.97%
  • No I would not like an optional choice of MAKE AN OFFER

20 12.99%
  • I don't care either way.

17 11.04%
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    I would hope that someone haggling over an item would want to stay somewhat on top of things, lest the seller sell the item to another customer. I once saw a car deal go bad because while one customer haggled another bought the car from another salesman. A real bummer for the one salesman and the customer haggling. I would probably like to see something like a 24 or 48 hour time limit on the offer & counter offer exchanges. Of course, if the listing ends or the item is sold to another buyer the negotiation would end abruptly. But if there were additional automatic re-posts left the haggling could probably be set up to continue. That's something that would need to be looked at by the tech people.

I saw an episode of "The Naked Archaeologist" where it was mentioned that a typical first offer in a haggling sales situation should be around 25% of the sellers asking price. Sounds reasonable since you figure you have to start somewhere. Seller asks high. Buyer offers low. And "we meet in the middle" as the song says.

Oh! I'm afraid I don't share your feelings about people sending an offer when no "Make Offer" option has been included. Especially if the item is listed in the auction selling format. I really don't like people trying to circumvent the bidding process. After all, you're making an offer every time you bid. And so are your fellow bidders.
    I was meaning for buy it now not auction items .. then again if there are no bids on an auction item and someone wants to offer a sensible price for buy it now thats higher than auction start that seems fair enough.( assuming the auction has a reserve on it )

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGrandma View Post
    I was meaning for buy it now not auction items .. then again if there are no bids on an auction item and someone wants to offer a sensible price for buy it now thats higher than auction start that seems fair enough.( assuming the auction has a reserve on it )
    I always include a BIN option with an auction. However, this is primarily so the search engines will pick it up and I usually set a High Street retail price. Frankly, if they want to make an offer I would suggest they bid the amount they are willing to pay and hope that the bidding stays below that. But if money is no object, BIN away.

I usually don't place a reserve on most items I offer through online auctions. The minimum starting bid requirement makes it unnecessary most of the time.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like it.

Thumbs up Re: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

YES THE MAKE OFFER IS A GREAT THING and WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT ON EBID AS WELL.
    Please let us ALL KNOW when this is set up so we can add it to every item we have listed
    Thank You

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allracingparts View Post
    YES THE MAKE OFFER IS A GREAT THING and WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT ON EBID AS WELL.
    Please let us ALL KNOW when this is set up so we can add it to every item we have listed
    Thank You
    Well…we going to let you know but just come back ‘’later’’…I mean ‘’later’’…...

I vote yes!!!

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm all in favor of people making a sensible offer for an item being sold at auction if the item has no bids. The easiest way to do this, unless I'm mistaken, is to enter the amount of your offer and hit the BID button.

Quote Originally Posted by janice1964 View Post
    I vote yes!!!

Majority of people did. Why best offer OPTION hasn't been implement is beyond me.

Rarely will I find someone who has heard of this site. Basically they want us sellers to do all there advertising for them so they can keep their fees low which is all well and good, but without the basic features of feeBay they really aren't a competitor they are a pretender.

To all those who think it isn’t need or they wouldn’t use it. Do a general search for something on feeBay and count how many people have it on there listing. It’s about what is good for the majority and would attract more people to this site.

Oh and “JaBek1” enough with trying to turn it into a red-head step-child in its own special section already. No one would like being segregated and that is exactly what you are doing to the option. Just like the other side put “best-offer” right under the BIN.

People that run the site just go shop the competitor already. If you think they haven’t done it to you, then you are very naďve.
    Last edited by theweaverboy; 21st November 2011 at 04:23 AM. Reason: cause I felt like it

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

''Bek''...We waiting for your expertise answer….....but don't write too long.............

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    Majority of people did. Why best offer OPTION hasn't been implement is beyond me.

Rarely will I find someone who has heard of this site. Basically they want us sellers to do all there advertising for them so they can keep their fees low which is all well and good, but without the basic features of feeBay they really aren't a competitor they are a pretender.

To all those who think it isn’t need or they wouldn’t use it. Do a general search for something on feeBay and count how many people have it on there listing. It’s about what is good for the majority and would attract more people to this site.

Oh and “JaBek1” enough with trying to turn it into a red-head step-child in its own special section already. No one would like being segregated and that is exactly what you are doing to the option. Just like the other side put “best-offer” right under the BIN.

People that run the site just go shop the competitor already. If you think they haven’t done it to you, then you are very naďve.
    I'm sorry you don't find my idea appealing, Weaverboy. I think it would open up a lot of avenues for both sellers & buyers. Of course, I really don't care where the bay displays the "Make Offer" button, which is what I believe what they call it now. To be quite frank, I'm not really too concerned about how the bay does anything unless it affects my listing there. Just because the bay has such an option does mean it is an indispensable feature for eBid. But that is merely me voicing my opinion, be it red headed, blonde or bald.

While judging from the results indicated by this poll, the majority of those voting seem to want the option. Very well, but I don't see where that actually obligates the powers that be at eBid to institute it. Frankly, there are a lot of things that a lot of people want in all facets of life that never come to be. If Gaza & Mark can be persuaded that the site needs such an option than I'm sure they'll work on getting one going.

Thread Information