154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I would like an optional choice of MAKE AN OFFER

117 75.97%
  • No I would not like an optional choice of MAKE AN OFFER

20 12.99%
  • I don't care either way.

17 11.04%
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

Default Re: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Actually, it should show up as the actual price the item sold for which would be the amount of the accepted offer. However, I have no way of knowing that that is the way it will work.
    Am thinking the same - but I hope not.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Am thinking the same - but I hope not.
    I can see argument for both ways - show the original price so your offer information is protected and people can't use it as a lever for trying to get more deals, or show the real price that's more accurate and could encourage other buyers too. On the whole I always tend to come down on the site of "tell the truth and shame the devil", so would prefer the real, offer/accept price to show. Why do you prefer the alternative - you might be right so I'm interested in reasons!

p.s. I realise we'll get what we're given, either way!

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I can see argument for both ways - show the original price so your offer information is protected and people can't use it as a lever for trying to get more deals, or show the real price that's more accurate and could encourage other buyers too. On the whole I always tend to come down on the site of "tell the truth and shame the devil", so would prefer the real, offer/accept price to show. Why do you prefer the alternative - you might be right so I'm interested in reasons!

p.s. I realise we'll get what we're given, either way!
    As I have unlimited supplies of each item, I dont really want customers to see what previous offers have been accepted.

Scenario...

Customers wants to make an offer for 1 item - and offers 10% less than the buy it now price.
    Ok - fair enough.

Another customer comes in and wants 10 different items for example, and offers 25% below each items price.
    If I accepted that, then these items will all show that I accepted an offer of 25% below the price - no-one will realise I only did it because it was a multiple purchase.
    Dont really want a string of offers 25% below the ''buy it now'' price for single purchases.

No real biggie - just means I wont be able to use the feature (was doubtful I would have used it anyways).

Can see it being useful to others tho.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    As I have unlimited supplies of each item, I dont really want customers to see what previous offers have been accepted.

Scenario...

Customers wants to make an offer for 1 item - and offers 10% less than the buy it now price.
    Ok - fair enough.

Another customer comes in and wants 10 different items for example, and offers 25% below each items price.
    If I accepted that, then these items will all show that I accepted an offer of 25% below the price - no-one will realise I only did it because it was a multiple purchase.
    Dont really want a string of offers 25% below the ''buy it now'' price for single purchases.

No real biggie - just means I wont be able to use the feature (was doubtful I would have used it anyways).

Can see it being useful to others tho.
    Yep, see what you mean. Sure, anybody who really checks will see that via the feedback, and sure you could explain... but the former's not that likely and the latter's a bore! I always supported the suggestion on the basis that I wouldn't use it but others liked it, and that's not changed for me, so it doesn't hugely matter which way they do it from my point of view. I think I still favour accuracy over convenience, but it's not a biggie for me either.

Since there is no insertion fees you could put up like 5 - 10 quantities and repost when it runs out. If someone needs more they'll usually ask if you have anymore if they need more. If they are that expensive of items like under $5 most won't bother as long as you are one of the least expensive.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Since I prefer auctions where every bid is an offer, I doubt I'd use the option much, if at all. However, I might set up a store that everything would be subject to haggling. It might be fun to see if any of of my late father-in-law's horse trading skill rubbed off on me.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would not use Make an Offer.. but I do use the recently New Discount offers.

This site kind of needs it. Of course i think a VERY CLEAR EASY TO FIND last login time right underneath a members ID on listings or anywhere someone ID appears. It would let people know the last time the sellers was logged into the site, and if a seller goes 30 days or so without logging in just "close" the listings. After 90 days delete.

Forum Diehard
    View JimmyCee's Feedback (+85)
    All-About JimmyCee
    View JimmyCee's Listings
    Forum Posts

theweaver boy said
    . It would let people know the last time the sellers was logged into the site, and if a seller goes 30 days or so without logging in just "close" the listings. After 90 days delete.
    Your idea about this is right on, 100% ...I'll vote for it....
    As in outer space just to much junk floating around

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Am I the only one here really excited at the thought of having a 'make an offer' option. I used it a lot on eBay and it massively increased my sales.

As a buyer I really can't be bothered to ask a seller if they will drop the price but I will be making lots of offers when this starts up

Thread Information