My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Help quick...British pounds vs USD

Default Help quick...British pounds vs USD

I found an item I adore and would like to bid. Seller has a reserve, but there is no visible place to see what sort of USD (being a US user) I am spending/bidding (seller is in UK). Am I missing something? I like it, I want it, but can't afford to bid blindly!!!

Default Re: Help quick...British pounds vs USD

Yes, I am a forum newbie, and you all can slap me silly if I deserve it. I am cross eyed from reading the rules and FAQ's around here.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minervabird View Post
    I found an item I adore and would like to bid. Seller has a reserve, but there is no visible place to see what sort of USD (being a US user) I am spending/bidding (seller is in UK). Am I missing something? I like it, I want it, but can't afford to bid blindly!!!

Usually the approximate USD price is in parentheses next to the listing country price.

BTW welcome to eBid and happy bidding.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

If you're logged on as a U.S. buyer, the sale price and the shipping charges should be converted to U.S. Dollars.

A rough rule of thumb (it fluctuates a lot) is one Pound is worth about $1.50 (but don't blame me or anyone else if it changes).

Or you can ask good ol' Google. Type in something like "How much is 1 pound sterling in U.S. dollars?" and you'll get the answer at the top of the page. At this moment "1 British pound sterling = 1.6277 US dollars"

Usually the approximate USD price is in parentheses next to the listing country price.

That seems to be true for the "shipping" price. When I go to put in a proxy bid, it is in pounds. There is no designation for USD that I can see.

I have figured it out mathematically, but perhaps a semi-prominent display is in order or I need a stick in my eye because I cannot see it if it exists in the proxy bid flow.

Thread Information