eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do people close their threads before they get the help they asked for?

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Why do people close their threads before they get the help they asked for?

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    I suppose when a thread descends into nonsense,far removed from answering the original question you can understand the OP closing it.
    If people closed every thread that did that here, there would be no threads open
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Default Re: Why do people close their threads before they get the help they asked for?

It might be that they are sticking to the rule of only one thread at a time and all others must be deleted.The few times that i post a thread i delete it when i feel it has run its course.i'm not sure how often Admin apply htis rule as i have seen 10 threads or more at a time from some who shall remain nameless.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder1942 View Post
    It might be that they are sticking to the rule of only one thread at a time and all others must be deleted.The few times that i post a thread i delete it when i feel it has run its course.i'm not sure how often Admin apply htis rule as i have seen 10 threads or more at a time from some who shall remain nameless.
    That rule only applies to the Plug Hole, the threads the OP is talking about were in the KT. I know one was closed after a OP was accused of being negative and not worshiping ebid
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Sorry.You are right.
    Forum Rules - Please follow these.

Simple rules of posting.

- If asking for help or reporting a problem PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us details of the problem. Please do not just say "I can't do this" or "That doesn't work". Let us know HOW you got to the problem. WHEN it occurred. WHERE it occurred. WHICH auction or page url it occurred on. WHAT browser and operating system are you using.

- No swearing in whatever language or whatever spelling.

- No pimping (advertising own auctions) allowed, apart from a single pimping thread per person within the Plug Your Auctions forum. Limited to one bump per day. If you start a new one, delete the old one, this is counted as a bump.

- No posting of personal data, names, addresses or potentially slanderous accusations or allegations against named individuals.

- Signature links can be made to sites outside eBid as long as the linked site is not e-commerce enabled.

- Users must use only a single username on the forums. Multiple forum identities aren't allowed.

- Blatant defamatory comments aimed at undermining eBid as a business and/or promoting competitor sites.

- Chat, joke, discuss, respect differences of opinion but don't take things over the line and get personal.

- Be nice.

An infraction point is given each time anyone breaks these rules.

First Ban (1 point) is 2 Days
    Second Ban (2 points) is 7 Days
    Third Ban (3 points) is Permanent.

Please use the "Report" button when you feel it is necessary and all we ask is that everyone behaves in an adult manner.

Thanks All
    Gazza

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View MilkyMalky's Feedback (+223)
    All-About MilkyMalky
    View MilkyMalky's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    If people closed every thread that did that here, there would be no threads open
    Precisely. All forums threads are like conversations. How many conversations have people had in the past where you've ended up talking about something completely different to what you started talking about only 5 minutes earlier.

If it can happen in speech, it can happen here. It should be encouraged, in my opinion it only enchances the forum and the relationship between the members on it.
    Selling Magic: The Gathering cards on eBid from the UK.

Check out my auctions below:

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    OK, time for another dumb bunny question: what is Lucozade?
    Lucozade is a glucose drink. When a child back in the 50s, the appearance of a bottle of it told you that you were really ill - as that was the only time a bottle was bought in my family.

Nowadays, it has been re-invented as one of the fad drinks.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

So, astral, I was around in the '50's, but in the states. What did you drink that didn't come in a bottle?? We had tap water, milk in a bottle, Kool-aid (powder in a paper packet that you mixed with sugar and water), and on special occasions a soda pop......in a bottle. When we were ill, we got apricot juice (from a can). I loved apricot juice, so didn't mind being ill!!!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SherMari View Post
    Well wait until some one calls you a Pollyanna
    That is my nickname locally...I have a knack of always finding a way to find fun things to say on any subject

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Lucozade is a glucose drink. When a child back in the 50s, the appearance of a bottle of it told you that you were really ill - as that was the only time a bottle was bought in my family.

Nowadays, it has been re-invented as one of the fad drinks.
    My son has particularly brittle Diabetes so we keep in a stash of little Lucozade bottles in case of an emergency.

Only thing is...he loves the stuff so much that he guzzles away at it and ends up with a high blood sugar emergency which kind of defeats the object.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    So, astral, I was around in the '50's, but in the states. What did you drink that didn't come in a bottle??
    OK, Mrs Pedantic That should, more correctly, have read 'as that was the only time a bottle of Lucozade was bought in my family' - not the only time any sort of bottle was bought.

Thread Information