Thread: Feedback etiquette

Forum Diehard
    View PetBazaar's Feedback (+41)
    All-About PetBazaar
    View PetBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Feedback etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by trevorXtwitcher View Post
    Why ask the question in the first place as it is pointless .... If someone buys one or a hundred one they still get a positive feedback across the board unless there was a problem and even then before throwing neutrals / negatives around you contact them and advise the situation and come to some solution, unlike the idiot that gave me a negative a while back.
    To talk about giving neutrals like you it must be in your head.
    I asked the question because I didn't think it was pointless. I'm not throwing neutrals around, or even negatives. But I assume that you've now read the whole thread and know that.

I was asking because I was wondering vaguely if people regarded a multi item sale as a single transaction or not. I'm quite happy to give a positive feedback because I recognise that the process went well, what I was enquiring about was whether people felt that a single process (albeit with multiple items) should get a single positive, or multiple positives. Perhaps I just shouldn't have mentioned the neutrals.

As for it being in my head... You're right, but probably not for the reason you think. I recently sold multiple items to a buyer in what I regarded as a single transaction and they gave me 3 positive feedbacks. Now while I always like to get positive feedback, I just felt vaguely uncomfortable about getting three lots of thumbs up for something that I only did once. Buying an item, then another, then another. That's definitely three positives, no questions asked. But when I just have to send one invoice, get paid once, make up one package, get one package delivered. Do I deserve 3 lots of praise for it?

Hence the question.

So, to me, not pointless at all.
    Last edited by PetBazaar; 27th May 2011 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PetBazaar View Post
    I asked the question because I didn't think it was pointless. I'm not throwing neutrals around, or even negatives. But I assume that you've now read the whole thread and know that.

I was asking because I was wondering vaguely if people regarded a multi item sale as a single transaction or not. I'm quite happy to give a positive feedback because I recognise that the process went well, what I was enquiring about was whether people felt that a single process (albeit with multiple items) should get a single positive, or multiple positives. Perhaps I just shouldn't have mentioned the neutrals.

As for it being in my head... You're right, but probably not for the reason you think. I recently sold multiple items to a buyer in what I regarded as a single transaction and they gave me 3 positive feedbacks. Now while I always like to get positive feedback, I just felt vaguely uncomfortable about getting three lots of thumbs up for something that I only did once. Buying an item, then another, then another. That's definitely three positives, no questions asked. But when I just have to send one invoice, get paid once, make up one package, get one package delivered. Do I deserve 3 lots of praise for it?

Hence the question.

Just catching up on recent activities and have quickly scanned through the thread.

for me, as a seller - if a buyer buys a number of items from me - lets say they buy 4 items, all at the same time. I firstly confirm that they've finished shopping, then send them an invoice detailing the 4 items that they have bought discounting the p&p. When they've paid, their items are packaged and sent. So far, even though they have bought 4 items, the transaction has been dealt with as a 'single sale'. But, for feedback, as they've bought 4 items, then, providing that I'm fully satisfied with the transaction, I leave positive feedback for the 4 items. I usually vary the feedback as they are then a returning buyer. As a buyer, I'd expect the same when I buy more than 1 item from a seller.

To me, a neutral is left if the whole transaction went sort of ok, could be improved upon, and not fully to my satisfaction. At the moment the only negatives I've left are only non paying buyers.

I hope that helps.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Hence the question.

Not pointless at all - the Forum is for asking questions or for clarification - so do not be put off asking whatever is on your mind...
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Just out of interest op - how would you feel if the same buyer gave you 1 positive and 2 neutrals for the same transactions with the following comment.....

Already given a positive fb for this, and as it was only one actual transaction, didnt feel it necessary to give 2 more.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PetBazaar View Post
    That's definitely three positives, no questions asked. But when I just have to send one invoice, get paid once, make up one package, get one package delivered. Do I deserve 3 lots of praise for it?
    Selling somebody three things is three times as good as selling one. You have encouraged somebody, by whatever means (probably just a good listing) that three of your items are worth buying, and for that you get three bits of feedback. It's entirely possible that two will arrive fine, and one be broken (not likely, but perfectly possible) so you might not even deserve or get the same feedback for all three. They are separate sales, and should be reported as such.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Just out of interest op - how would you feel if the same buyer gave you 1 positive and 2 neutrals for the same transactions with the following comment.....

Already given a positive fb for this, and as it was only one actual transaction, didnt feel it necessary to give 2 more.
    I know you weren't asking me, but I'd find that distinctly odd. I wouldn't do anything but shrug, but it would strike me as a peculiar thing to do.

Forum Diehard
    View PetBazaar's Feedback (+41)
    All-About PetBazaar
    View PetBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post

Well that's kind of the situation that I was pondering way back at the beginning.

Naturally, for purely selfish reasons, I would prefer the 3 positives, but with the comment being available for all to see in the neutrals I would be ok with that scenario. Not having a comment along those lines is a different matter, as then it's not so obvious that it was a single sale.

As I've said in other threads, the bulk of my sales are offline, so perhaps I still just have a face to face transaction mentality, where no matter how many items the customer buys it's still a single encounter.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

As a seller to the buyer: Did all 3 item transactions go smoothly? Whether or not it was 1 buyer. 1 invoice thus making it appear as 1 transaction it is still 3 seperate items and if all 3 items sold smoothly then Positive feedbacks are deserved.

As a Buyer to the seller: Were all 3 items recieved as described and pictured? If so 3 Positives are deserved hoever say 1 of the 3 items was totally off the description then a neutral or negative may be required unfortunately in a buyers mind they will leave negative for all 3 due to 1 being off. My opinion only.

I see each transaction, whether the feedback is for the buyer or seller, as a separate sale. But that is just my opinion. If a seller or buyer gave me neutrals when they were happy with the transaction, then I'd be a tad bit upset.

Hello PetBazaar,
    I don't really blame Trevor for blackballing you i am sure most sellers are going crazy with a suggestion of a neutral for a transaction that went well. I cannot imagine where you got the though from. It is just bizzare.
    I am sorry but if buyers see this they will be the ones blacballing you.
    On the other hand it is a good question for those thinking same way.
    Thank you for the thread.
    BIG BRANDS SMALL PRICE!!!

For all your Brand watches and jewelleries please click below Clogau available
    http://charista2-poshwoch.ebid.net/

For all kids toys please visit us below
    http://charista2-kids-tots.ebid.net/

For all kids dresses visit store below
    http://kidstots-wears.ebid.net/

Your costume jewelleries and watches please visit store below
    http://charista2-accessories-gallore.ebid.net/

Beauty Needs Visit
    http://charista2beautilicio--us.ebid.net/

Thread Information