eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saved money buying on eBid again!

View ttoc48's Feedback (+102)
    All-About ttoc48
    View ttoc48's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Saved money buying on eBid again!

i list a few things on t'other side but am £1.50 cheaper on my items here due to listing fees over there,

Forum Lurker
    Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View happyhammers2010's Feedback (+76)
    All-About happyhammers2010
    View happyhammers2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe we could use a slogan here, like find this exact product on ebay cheaper and we will match the price and give 10% discount. If only we could

I'm looking for 125 boardbacked 'Do Not Bend' envelopes - A4 size.

Sorry, but the cheapest is over there

If anyone wants to beat £18.99 freepost.......

Forum Newbie
    Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
    View BuyerOfStuff's Feedback (+4)
    All-About BuyerOfStuff
    View BuyerOfStuff's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mostly_Cookbooks View Post
    Hmmmm. All my books are half price this week but there isn't exactly a rush for them.

Yep, I know people don't read, don't cook, but EVERYONE loves a bargain.

Don't they?
    Edit: I think I missed the half-price sale. Your decorating biscuits is interesting, but it's cheaper second hand on a well known bookseller.

My partner is interested in railway history so I have pointed out your listings.
    Last edited by BuyerOfStuff; 12th June 2011 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyerOfStuff View Post
    Edit: I think I missed the half-price sale. Your decorating biscuits is interesting, but it's cheaper second hand on a well known bookseller.

My partner is interested in railway history so I have pointed out your listings.
    Yes, it is cheaper second hand from you-know-who. And, if I could afford to sell books for 1p I would. But there is no way that I could, or would, compete with the megalisters. If my books don't sell at the price they are worth, then they will go to Oxfam.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyerOfStuff View Post

Hmmmm, I think the feedback you left for one of these 1p listers says it all:

"Perhaps "acceptable" would better describe the condition than good/good as it was a bit mouldy and does smell a bit. But, it was worth the price."

Forum Newbie
    All-About BuyerOfStuff
    Forum Posts

Hmmmm, I think the feedback you left for one of these 1p listers says it all:

"Perhaps "acceptable" would better describe the condition than good/good as it was a bit mouldy and does smell a bit. But, it was worth the price."
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. Could you please be a bit more specific?

Okay. I don't know if you are a regular on feebay, but if you were a bookseller and a regular on the Books Board, you would know that the 1p sellers - megalisters, whatever you mind to call them - have PARTLY been responsible for the downturn in our sales. It is impossible to compete with them as they buy books by the pallet load at a minimal cost. PLEASE NOTE: I say PARTLY as I recognise this does not apply to all 1p listers.

My second point is that my books are accurately described and I would not list anything I would not want to buy myself. I would certainly not list anything that 'was a bit mouldy and does smell a bit'.

Forum Newbie
    All-About BuyerOfStuff
    Forum Posts

Okay. I don't know if you are a regular on feebay, but if you were a bookseller and a regular on the Books Board, you would know that the 1p sellers - megalisters, whatever you mind to call them - have PARTLY been responsible for the downturn in our sales. It is impossible to compete with them as they buy books by the pallet load at a minimal cost. PLEASE NOTE: I say PARTLY as I recognise this does not apply to all 1p listers.

My second point is that my books are accurately described and I would not list anything I would not want to buy myself. I would certainly not list anything that 'was a bit mouldy and does smell a bit'.
    I am aware that books bought from 1p sellers are extremely cheap, and if you remove their costs and allow for some profit margin, the original price paid for the book MUST be tiny. I have a 1p + postage book that I bought that's a sizeable book in excellent condition with beautiful photographs. Cost me £2.81.

The smelly book I bought was actually from someone who is not a large scale bookseller. In fact I think he's a frequent poster on these forums. The book is now dry again and has lost its smell, though it could still only be described as acceptable condition. But, I"ve read it, and it's now on loan to a friend at work who is reading it, so I got my money's worth. Once I learnt that Earl Denham had written a book, I most definitely wanted a copy.

I do realise that the mega book sellers have cut into profit margins, but as a consumer, what should I do? E.g. I prefer to buy things at local shops rather than the internet TBH. But, when it's twice as much to buy from a preferred supplier versus another source, I must admit that I do cave in.

Thread Information