Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Email ad for $49.49 Lifetime Upgrade links to FULL Price Upgrade

Forum Newbie
    All-About RedMillAntiques
    View RedMillAntiques's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Email ad for $49.49 Lifetime Upgrade links to FULL Price Upgrade

Hi,
    I got the eBid newsletter a couple days ago and clicked on the link for the Lifetime Upgrade at $49.49 but it just takes me to the regular upgrade page with the full price. I even clicked on it to see if the discount was applied during checkout but it wasn't.
    I'm still deciding on whether I want to expand to eBid and this isn't a great way to start.
    What's up?
    Daniel

Default Re: Email ad for $49.49 Lifetime Upgrade links to FULL Price Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by RedMillAntiques View Post
    Hi,
    I got the eBid newsletter a couple days ago and clicked on the link for the Lifetime Upgrade at $49.49 but it just takes me to the regular upgrade page with the full price. I even clicked on it to see if the discount was applied during checkout but it wasn't.
    I'm still deciding on whether I want to expand to eBid and this isn't a great way to start.
    What's up?
    Daniel
    I agree with you, the email does not mention any time restrictions what so ever.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just forwarded the OP to support@ebid.net attention Gazza....

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you upgrade to SELLER or any other SELLER+ option the offer will appear from 24hrs afterwards. Any money you pay towards other SELLER+ subscriptions will also be deducted from the 49.49.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    If you upgrade to SELLER or any other SELLER+ option the offer will appear from 24hrs afterwards. Any money you pay towards other SELLER+ subscriptions will also be deducted from the 49.49.

Sorry Gazza, you are missing the point on this.

The email did say that the upgrade to lifetime seller+ was £49.49, and DID NOT have a time limit on it

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, and I'd like to know how the "any previous Seller+ subs are deducted" system works in practice.

Do new members have to email ebid asking for an invoice ?

Or do they work it out themselves ?

The whole system is far to complicated.

Forum Newbie
    All-About RedMillAntiques
    View RedMillAntiques's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    I see, so the email offer wasn't valid as I'd joined more than 24 hours ago. Perhaps it should say something like that.

Also, putting a very restrictive time limit on an offer like that is a bad move, it's a classic scam red flag - one has to ask oneself - what's the rush??

Perhaps when you've grown up a bit and treat your sellers like adults you can contact me again to let me know.

Daniel

Forum Lurker
    Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View happyhammers2010's Feedback (+76)
    All-About happyhammers2010
    View happyhammers2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Yes, and I'd like to know how the "any previous Seller+ subs are deducted" system works in practice.

Do new members have to email ebid asking for an invoice ?

Or do they work it out themselves ?

The whole system is far to complicated.
    I started off with a monthly seller subscription and kept adding to it once I got to the stage where id nearly paid for my seller lifetime subscription i upgraded and was only asked to pay the small difference between what I had already paid and the seller lifetime subscription. So I can say that it does work in practice

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happyhammers2010 View Post
    I started off with a monthly seller subscription and kept adding to it once I got to the stage where id nearly paid for my seller lifetime subscription i upgraded and was only asked to pay the small difference between what I had already paid and the seller lifetime subscription. So I can say that it does work in practice
    Yep! That's exactly how it worked for me. Never regretted the upgrade! Not near as complex as it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Yep! That's exactly how it worked for me. Never regretted the upgrade! Not near as complex as it seems!
    If it seems complicated then it obviously is to some newbies.

High time it was sorted and one standard price introduced.

Thread Information