Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Longest time awake

Default Re: Longest time awake

Since last August, I've been staying up for 24 -28 hours, quite regularly, at one point it was twice a week.
    Thankfully that shouldn't be necessary anymore.

The longest I remember in recent years was 37 hours.

It's a lot easier to do & get over, when you're young.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I still miss the odd nights sleep if my aches and pains are bad .Watch Sky films all night.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder1942 View Post
    I still miss the odd nights sleep if my aches and pains are bad .Watch Sky films all night.
    ..me too - catch up on the planner that way as well....
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Rip Van Winkle must have been awake for a hell of a long time to sleep that long!

Quite often I survive a day on 3 or 4 hours sleep - i may be in bed for longer than that, but being a light sleeper spend most of the night just dozing for a while & waking up at the slightest noise and then dozing off again. There were times when I got up on a Friday morning and ddn't see my bed again until Monday night - but being busy and active doing whatever it was that kept me from my bed, and then work on the monday, being tired and falling asleep wasn't an option.

I have in the past done a usual work day, come home, snatched a quick bite to eat, packed some luggage ready for the planned holiday, taken the dog to the kennels, visited a few friends then jumped in the car, and drove up the motorway to arrive in my destination just after 2 in the afternoon 12 hours after starting from home. The journey could have been done in less time than that, but as motorways are boring places, I needed to do plenty of coffee stops to keep me awake. The other who should have been sharing the driving pretended that he was ill within 5 miles of home.

Keeping awake is not a problem for me - as long as I'm busy, and my mind is kept occupied and I've plenty of coffee, I can easily keep going for a couple of days.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have regular 24 or 48 hours stints without sleep. Then catch up quickly. I'm never usually in bed before one or two in the morning. I don't like sleeping, life is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by LesliesDaughter View Post
    I have regular 24 or 48 hours stints without sleep. Then catch up quickly. I'm never usually in bed before one or two in the morning. I don't like sleeping, life is too short.

That's true enough. My late Dad was never in bed before 1 in the morning but was always up before sunrise. He didn't like being in bed any longer than was necessary - his reason 'people die in bed'. So, as you say, life is too short for sleep. )
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

I beat my best of 24hrs, Awake at 7pm Saturday night then in bed asleep by 10:30pm Sunday night. Nice 12hrs sleep in bed though and fully refreshed. total of 27hrs 30mins without any sleep.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sucadot View Post
    No wonder that cat is flat on it's back !!
    LOL! We used to pull all nighters in college all the time, especially before finals, but I haven't done that in some years. Lately it seems I don't sleep more than 4 or 5 hours at a stretch, but I make up for it with afternoon naps, which are always refreshing.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information