Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Has someone tried to fix that back up problem with ninja lister?

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Has someone tried to fix that back up problem with ninja lister?

Been using ninja and noticed a few times that it has tried to ignore the wrong file message and try to back up anyway, which it does now and again but most of the time it just hangs. Then anything you worked on is lost, as you have to kill it from the task manager.

I just make sure I back up before even starting to close the program using the file/back up, that way I do not loose all the work.

And will you please fix the colour of the month on the start time pop up in the next update if you can. My old eyes are struggling with the text being the same as the background colour.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Has someone tried to fix that back up problem with ninja lister?

Not sure I understand the problem, can you explain a little more.

Thx
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would use reply with quote on here but it looks like someone has been fiddling with that.

You know that fault that has already been discussed on here, when ninja asks if you would like to back up when you are closing the program or if you are using the file/ back up and when you say yes it comes back as the wrong file, so you try it again and it saves on the same file that was just supposed to be wrong?

It is intermittent and so is this new one

This time it seems to be coming back with the wrong file message then the save bar goes over the top of it, most of the time it is saving OK with this new save bar but then now and again the save bar just locks at one percent and will not let you back in the program, so you have to open the windows task bar and shut down ninja from there. Then open ninja back up again and any work you did since the last completed save has gone.

It is not a massive problem for me, as I back up every couple of listings, as ninja seems to struggle or build up to become sluggish, as if it is struggling with a memory cache or something. But that could be my computer it is in desperate need of a good clean.

Maybe making it work direct with the database, would solve the loss of data, rather than backing up the database on shutdown, as it seems to be doing.

I also noticed the file I use to save the back up on is in a computer file with about four ninja back up files, I just have not got round to delete the old ones The three old ones show the file image (I think it is either the ninja file image or excel), but the one I am saving on now shows the unknown program image, the one XP uses for files that do not link to a program.

Hope that helps.

And that colour thing is when the date time box comes up, the month text is the same colour as the background, or almost the same.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can you list the exact steps you take to see the error, it isn't one I'm aware of currently. Even better a jing video would be very helpful.

Thx,

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information