eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buyers for CD singles and 7" vinyl?

Forum Newbie
    Saltdean Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom
    All-About neveroddoreven
    View neveroddoreven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Buyers for CD singles and 7" vinyl?

Dear all,

I've seen there are about 200,000 music items for sale at the moment - but whenever I search for one of the items I am selling, and check for auctions which have ended, I tend to see that they are *all* unsold.

I'm new to eBid, with a lot of good quality CD singles and records to sell from my own collection. I've considered eBay but everything I've read has put me off - it seems no one has had anything good to say about it since the feedback rules changed.

I suppose my question is: in your experience, are the buyers out there for singles on eBid?

Any advice welcomed, and I'm looking forward to getting started!

Ian @ neveroddoreven
    Last edited by neveroddoreven; 11th June 2011 at 04:03 PM.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buyers for CD singles and 7" vinyl?

I know a lot of sellers of CD's and DVD's have come over from ebay to ebid (due to the high fees over there)

But I cannot help you as to sales etc.

(I also wonder how many people collect them nowadays, what with Mp3's etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I know a lot of sellers of CD's and DVD's have come over from ebay to ebid (due to the high fees over there)

But I cannot help you as to sales etc.

(I also wonder how many people collect them nowadays, what with Mp3's etc)
    I do, been collecting 7" singles since I was 13, I also collect cd albums. I Have 5 mp3 players (getting rid of two) and one ipod classic. but still prefer Vinyl.
    Welcome to Wonderland

SantasWonderland DVD Grotto

SantasWonderland Vinyl & CD Grotto

All round entertainment, not just for Christmas

Join EBID now and join in all the fun yourself

Quote Originally Posted by neveroddoreven View Post
    Dear all,

I've seen there are about 200,000 music items for sale at the moment - but whenever I search for one of the items I am selling, and check for auctions which have ended, I tend to see that they are *all* unsold.

I'm new to eBid, with a lot of good quality CD singles and records to sell from my own collection. I've considered eBay but everything I've read has put me off - it seems no one has had anything good to say about it since the feedback rules changed.

I suppose my question is: in your experience, are the buyers out there for singles on eBid?

Any advice welcomed, and I'm looking forward to getting started!

Ian @ neveroddoreven

Hi and welcome to ebid. Never got into cd singles myself which is strange due to the thousands of cd albums I own, Love 7" vinyl but not albums (I have issues lol) With regard to your question Cd singles I don't know as not a seller of them myself, 7" vinyl on the other hand yes just posted 8 of to Italy this morning and 2 to a reapeat buyer one of which was £10.00.

If you check out my feed back you will see plenty sold since I joined. More importantly get yourself a signature with links to your stores so everyone can have a nosey about (some here are very nosey but lovely with it lol) Plug once a day in the plug your auction section, and list list list, the more listed the more you get noticed and starting selling. Joining in the fun on the kitchen table and posting as often as possible also helps and try joining in the YDC charity auctions. Good Luck
    Welcome to Wonderland

SantasWonderland DVD Grotto

SantasWonderland Vinyl & CD Grotto

All round entertainment, not just for Christmas

Join EBID now and join in all the fun yourself

View prescott9376's Feedback (+1370)
    All-About prescott9376
    View prescott9376's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes they do sell but you have to list lots, I was selling 6 or 7 aweek last year but I had about 400 on offer.
    Paul

Forum Newbie
    Saltdean Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom
    All-About neveroddoreven
    View neveroddoreven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks all! Will look into the signature thing once I have a few listings up and running. Will try to make a start soon listing 25 at a time, then go for it over the summer.

I think I'll put up all of my CDs first to get established then list the 7"s! I really want to clear space first and foremost, though making a few quid on my collection before I give the remainder to charity would of course be nice.

Best to all,
    Ian
    Last edited by neveroddoreven; 30th June 2011 at 09:14 AM.

Forum Newbie
    View CJames's Feedback (+8393)
    All-About CJames
    View CJames's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you ever seen one of those films where the a tumbleweed is blowing through a deserted town?
    At the moment that town is called eBid
    I really like the eBid layout and how easy it is to list..................but no sales.!!
    I am still with the other lot and am trying out over here, it would be great if I could pick up sales.
    No matter what they say they seem to get the traffic even though it's way down in comparison to years gone by.
    I wish eBid all the best I really do.
    I

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CJames View Post
    Have you ever seen one of those films where the a tumbleweed is blowing through a deserted town?
    At the moment that town is called eBid
    I really like the eBid layout and how easy it is to list..................but no sales.!!
    I am still with the other lot and am trying out over here, it would be great if I could pick up sales.
    No matter what they say they seem to get the traffic even though it's way down in comparison to years gone by.
    I wish eBid all the best I really do.
    I
    Yes the tumbleweed is noticeable, with that said my listings on ebay are not doing so well, out of around 125 listings i received 9 sales.
    I take a regular look at my Ebid listings and what i have noted is that the view counter registers high looking numbers, yet by way of contradiction the sales are not forthcoming.

At least not as yet.
    I thought that maybe Google search was leaving me out and in fact the situation is very much the contrary as i do have kistings that appear at the top area of this search.
    So, everthing is in place here.
    I also like to use the platinum auction facility as it does provide the Google shopping inclusion and i don't feel happy not having a Thumbnail. of course you are offered the Buy it now with the make an offer feature, which in the past the ebay equivalent worked well for me.
    There is a thread that talks about including a flyer in all ebay sales promoting Ebid, but i have been doing this since around August or so and it would appear that this is not providing any buyer traffic to my auctions/listings.
    I suppose if it promotes Ebid in general and works towards the greater good then i am happy, but ....on the other hand is it effective.

Earlier this week i had an enquiry from a potential buyer in Luxembourg regarding one of my Ebay listings that they indicated they would like and asked me if i would accept a certain sum for.
    The amount that they stated was too low for the ebay item, but i informed them that on Ebid i had what they wanted at the price that they had in mind or less if they use the make an offer function.
    They said that they would buy from here....so far .... nothing!
    I can offer the sare rare item at the price they want to pay, the same service that i offer to ebay buyers and accept paypal and they have not come over here.
    What more can you do?

Forum Newbie
    View CJames's Feedback (+8393)
    All-About CJames
    View CJames's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    Yes the tumbleweed is noticeable, with that said my listings on ebay are not doing so well, out of around 125 listings i received 9 sales.
    I take a regular look at my Ebid listings and what i have noted is that the view counter registers high looking numbers, yet by way of contradiction the sales are not forthcoming.

At least not as yet.
    I thought that maybe Google search was leaving me out and in fact the situation is very much the contrary as i do have kistings that appear at the top area of this search.
    So, everthing is in place here.
    I also like to use the platinum auction facility as it does provide the Google shopping inclusion and i don't feel happy not having a Thumbnail. of course you are offered the Buy it now with the make an offer feature, which in the past the ebay equivalent worked well for me.
    There is a thread that talks about including a flyer in all ebay sales promoting Ebid, but i have been doing this since around August or so and it would appear that this is not providing any buyer traffic to my auctions/listings.
    I suppose if it promotes Ebid in general and works towards the greater good then i am happy, but ....on the other hand is it effective.

Earlier this week i had an enquiry from a potential buyer in Luxembourg regarding one of my Ebay listings that they indicated they would like and asked me if i would accept a certain sum for.
    The amount that they stated was too low for the ebay item, but i informed them that on Ebid i had what they wanted at the price that they had in mind or less if they use the make an offer function.
    They said that they would buy from here....so far .... nothing!
    I can offer the sare rare item at the price they want to pay, the same service that i offer to ebay buyers and accept paypal and they have not come over here.
    What more can you do?
    Yes what more can you do, beats me.
    I have been selling on line since 2003 so I'm not new to it, traffic and sales of vinyl has slowed down to a crawl no doubt.
    I am trying different sales platforms to try and get some business always open to advice though.
    Even the record fairs I have attended are pretty quiet.
    One thing that does annoy me is sellers offering records a stupidly low prices with an over the top postage price in some cases, a race to the bottom ain't a good tactic for sure and the cheaper option isn't always the best.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CJames View Post
    Yes what more can you do, beats me.
    I have been selling on line since 2003 so I'm not new to it, traffic and sales of vinyl has slowed down to a crawl no doubt.
    I am trying different sales platforms to try and get some business always open to advice though.
    Even the record fairs I have attended are pretty quiet.
    One thing that does annoy me is sellers offering records a stupidly low prices with an over the top postage price in some cases, a race to the bottom ain't a good tactic for sure and the cheaper option isn't always the best.

I really feel your frustration.
    Well....low listing prices and high shipping to offset this are not the way to go an besides this i believe that seasoned buyers are wise to this.
    Ebay right now is not too great, so i imagine that the Ebid result won't be any better.
    That said....i think you have worked out that you have nothing to lose and so much to gain by listing on this site.
    I'm very mindful that google shopping is a serious aid to selling on Ebid and i like to create listings that are very google friendly.
    where Albums contain a Barcode i always use this in the listing form.
    However any thing pre 1985 doesn't usually feature a Barcode, soo instead i insert the record company catalogue number.

I sold 5 LPs last week and i listed a copy of Queen "News of the world" on Sunday night and when i checked my Emails on Monday afternoon i found that i had sold it around 12 hours after listing it.
    I hope that this may be an indicator of things to come on here.
    Incidentally i have printed flyers that i include in my ebay packages, so maybe these are bringing in some results. If you're making sales elsewhere it really can't be a bad idea to include information to try and draw people to Ebid.

Thread Information