eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Why do I get the impression people are afraid to buy here?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Why do I get the impression people are afraid to buy here?

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well…same o…same o….once upon a time JFK say ‘’Don’t ask what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country’’….same is here don’t sell what you like to sell just sell what this auction site like…penny is the penny real money you can sell hundreds and hundreds because for that amount of money any buyer will always have the money…high priced item you can invest big money and wait and wait and wait…(write a ‘’millions’’ threads waiting finally for the buyer)…Well maybe somebody will buy ‘’in some time’’…So every auction site has own way and path just go with that or just go where you think is better….Dzambo loves you all and I wish you all good ‘’sales’’…....

P.S ‘’All’’ just write for me ‘’AMEN’’…....
    Again Dzambo spoken like a true politician...you said absolutely nothing but there are a lot of words here, and a JFK Quote. eBid is not my country although the taxes (fees) are low they do not offer what a larger country does with higher taxes (fees). After JFK made that statement the country was all stoked to do everything they could to help build and maintain quality standards and taxes have been rising ridiculously I might add ever since. But that's okay, our roads are maintained, our elderly are cared for our garbage is picked up, we have fresh water, fire protection and police services and a host of other benefits we get from paying our taxes (fees). Without the high taxes (although or government is out of controil, wasteful and greedy) we would have to deal with slow growth and little to no reaction to our needs. Sound familiar?
    Higher value items not selling? Where aren't they selling? I know they don't sell here and everywhere else is in fact a little slower (I belive there may be an economic problem going on now but I could be wrong) but the higher value items are still selling.

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

quote from Al ....
    "
    It's just silly. Since I have joined I have watched hundreds of sellers join eBid. They in fact list their items many of which are higher ticket items they leave them up for sale for 6 to 9 months and sell zero. They end up abandoning their listings and stores so I believe without knowledge of it this idea has already been tested...and failed. I'm sure it's a better idea then eBid performing some heavy duty advertising but gee that takes money so it is probably much better we ask sellers to invest thousands of dollars in inventory and cross our fingers and hope something happens. Our administration did little to take advantage when the "big place" was at it's most vulnerable. Now, we are back to exactly where we were a couple years ago...sellers trickling in, seeing no action and going back to where they came from high fees or not sellers want to sell their items and sell them quickly. See if a Walmart, McDonald or Starbucks will keep a store loaded with inventory open for 6 months without a sale then let us know how that went.
    I will never knock any seller for how or what they want to sell that is entirely up to the individual but to suggest high ticket sellers to leave inventory sit for any length of time just to help build a site which doesn't help themselves, well sorry Steve I'm not buying into it.
    What happened to "Our Alexa Rating is rising"? What happened to all the "we are getting hundreds of new members daily"? We are reaching 5 million listings? Seems to have gone stagnant after all had believed ebayers were coming and they thought the buyers would come with them as well.
    How long has eBid been around? We are still making suggestions to fill our categories? Has anybody ever thought for the length of time eBid has been around maybe, just maybe this self promoting isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sure we have sellers who are extremely happy with the amount they sell and that is fantastic kudos to those sellers as they have worked their butts off to do it and have gained a following over the years. I too have gained a following and when a previous customer wants a guitar or cymbal they check my listings first and when I was taking the time to list on both sites my prices were 20% lower here and my followers were told they could buy it here for less but still made the purchase on eBay. I only had 2 buyers who had agreed to buy here and save money. Funny though that was about 6 months ago and neither buyer has returned to eBid to make any other purchase.
    eBid will continue it's growth as it has identically for years...slow. I'm hoping in my lifetime I'll be able to sell my items here but for now the logic of listing here isn't there.
    We are talking 90 million members we are trying to reach and get their attention quickly and all at once. Let me see...in the business world. How is that done? Bumper stickers? Shopping bags? Bid column? Facebooking? Ad campaign? Balloons? Notes in our packages? email customers? Plug your auctions?
    Which of these hasn't been tried yet?
    Again sellers coming over want to sell and sell fast. When a fairly new seller comes on and states they haven't sold a thing yet we respond with "well you have only been here a month, you only have 4 items listed for sale, you have nothing on your all about me page" these are all wonderful suggestions but for the sellers who came during eBay's fee tirade they don't want to here this. Most have never filled out an about me page, most have never promoted themselves anywhere and most only list 4 to 10 items per week but have been succesful elsewhere and are just tired of the high fees. If you notice most will just go back and pay the fees as they just get added to the cost of the item and as ridiculous as it may sound buyers will pay it.
    Will lower prices on eBid pay off? Yes by all means eventually but it will not pay off quick enough for any of us to enjoy it. At this growth rate Mark and Gazza won't even be able to enjoy it, their great grandchildren might however."

Yeah Al - I only just caught up with your large thread ....

Hey - I understand - It's a completely valid perspective that you have.
    To stick around here you really have to be an eternal optimist (which I try to be).
    And like you say - there are those who are happy enough the way things are - cos it works well enough for them.

It sure is great to hear from you Al - you always have a lot of interesting views.

It's funny how viewpoints can change. When I first came here in December 2010 - I thought I could see all the things that 'should be done' here (like it is with a lot of newbies - they've got all the answers).
    But now, after nearly 9 months, I've come to see a lot of different angles and viewpoints, so now I'm actually less certain of my own 'strong' one eyed views.

Maybe I've mellowed somewhat.
    Maybe I've just accepted being part of the 'collective' die hards.
    Last edited by emporiumdays; 21st August 2011 at 03:20 PM.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emporiumdays View Post
    Yeah Al - I only just caught up with your large thread ....

Hey - I understand - It's a completely valid perspective that you have.
    To stick around here you really have to be an eternal optimist (which I try to be).
    And like you say - there are those who are happy enough the way things are - cos it works well enough for them.

It sure is great to hear from you Al - you always have a lot of interesting views.

It's funny how viewpoint can change. When I first came here in December 2010 - I thought I could see all the things that 'should be done' here (like it is with a lot of newbies - they've got all the answers).
    But now, after nearly 9 months, I've come to see a lot of different angles and viewpoints, so now I'm actually less certain of my own 'strong' one eyed views.

Maybe I've mellowed somewhat.
    Maybe I've just accepted being part of the 'collective' die hards.
    Same here for the most part. Change is difficult and naturally everyone of us thinks we know better then the next. We all need to realize what works well for one may not work well for another. No sense in knocking the site it is a place to list our items with low fees. It is going to work for some and not for others. To convey higher expectations to newcomers is probably what irritates me the most and should not be tolerated. Tell the newcomers exactly what to expect, no need to sugar coat it. eBid maintains low fees, doean't have nearly as many members as eBay and your sales depend on how much you promote yourself nobody or nothing is going to promote your listings other then you.
    So before you join remember this: low fees = you need to promote your own items you will recieve some advertising but not big ad campaigns from eBid so it's all about you but the fees are very, very low. High fees = list your stuff, mispell words, use all CAPS, use any font you want sit back don't promote yourself as the site has already put themselves on the map with huge ad campaigns and pay big fees. It is up to the sellers to determine how they want to list, sell and promote. 1 way is cheap the other way is expensive. As Dzambo would say simple as that Amen!

Forum Diehard
    All-About emporiumdays
    Forum Posts

Originally Posted by adruml
    ....Higher value items not selling? Where aren't they selling? I know they don't sell here and everywhere else is in fact a little slower (I belive there may be an economic problem going on now but I could be wrong) but the higher value items are still selling.....
    Could this have anything to do with the ever widening gap between the 'haves' and the 'have nots' ?

Originally Posted by adruml
    Same here for the most part. Change is difficult and naturally everyone of us thinks we know better then the next. We all need to realize what works well for one may not work well for another. No sense in knocking the site it is a place to list our items with low fees. It is going to work for some and not for others. To convey higher expectations to newcomers is probably what irritates me the most and should not be tolerated. Tell the newcomers exactly what to expect, no need to sugar coat it. eBid maintains low fees, doean't have nearly as many members as eBay and your sales depend on how much you promote yourself nobody or nothing is going to promote your listings other then you.
    So before you join remember this: low fees = you need to promote your own items you will recieve some advertising but not big ad campaigns from eBid so it's all about you but the fees are very, very low. High fees = list your stuff, mispell words, use all CAPS, use any font you want sit back don't promote yourself as the site has already put themselves on the map with huge ad campaigns and pay big fees. It is up to the sellers to determine how they want to list, sell and promote. 1 way is cheap the other way is expensive. As Dzambo would say simple as that Amen!

I think that's a fair call Al....
    Last edited by emporiumdays; 21st August 2011 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by minervabird View Post
    My items seem to get lots of views. I price them lower than anywhere else on the net that I can find, and I even offer the most dreaded "Pal" as a payment option. An item with 59 views in a week ought to get a taker it seems. Any clues or advice?
    I haven't bothered to read all the long winded answers to this thread, but I have my own take on what is happening. I keep my foot in several other places to sell because I do need to make some money to support my internet habit.

My husband pointed out that I list lots cheaper on eBid than on other sites. One thing he pointed out was that maybe my things were toooooo cheap and people would think there was something wrong with them. I have been raising my prices a little bit to see if he is right (would be a first LOL).

I am not good at the social media and at my age I take one thing at a time and when (in 50 years or so) I run out of things to list I will make an attempt to learn it. I have a few sales every month so I am not discouraged with the way things are. I get good views right along and as long as the sales keep trickling along I will stick with it.

I am not sure this will answer your questions but it is my point of view. I like it here and I am here for the long run and I will no longer try to make this into what I think it should be.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

For ''JFK'' I just use this ''quote'' just like ''phrase''...and I already write in one my post before I write....
    1. Heh…and you know exactly what happened after eBay try ‘’hardest’’ and make eBay big as is now…So if you like same fees…same charges for everything and other stuff…in my opinion many just don’t get it and that is ‘’no auction site in whole world can make low fees and monster sales…if this maybe going to happened even closer believe me like usual ‘’USA rich guys will come and buy this site just like that and ‘’tomorrow’’ you will maybe have monster sales but you will have monster fees too’’’… ...and only for that reason eBid don’t try harder….is up to seller’s to try harder and ‘’hide’’ from rich guys….AMEN……....

P.S. And by the way ''All'' is not ''everything same'' in here like before because I see before you have 0 posted threads and now you have 1,123 posted threads .......Enough writing for today it is Sunday and it is ''regular'' day of work for me and business pay high amount of the money for the people who are willing to work on that day...so...Dzambo go for my real work...I wish you all good day I will read posts after I come back and I know some of will like ''always'' post interesting threads.......

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    For ''JFK'' I just use this ''quote'' just like ''phrase''...and I already write in one my post before I write....
    1. Heh…and you know exactly what happened after eBay try ‘’hardest’’ and make eBay big as is now…So if you like same fees…same charges for everything and other stuff…in my opinion many just don’t get it and that is ‘’no auction site in whole world can make low fees and monster sales…if this maybe going to happened even closer believe me like usual ‘’USA rich guys will come and buy this site just like that and ‘’tomorrow’’ you will maybe have monster sales but you will have monster fees too’’’… ...and only for that reason eBid don’t try harder….is up to seller’s to try harder and ‘’hide’’ from rich guys….AMEN……....

P.S. And by the way ''All'' is not ''everything same'' in here like before because I see before you have 0 posted threads and now you have 1,123 posted threads .......Enough writing for today it is Sunday and it is ''regular'' day of work for me and business pay high amount of the money for the people who are willing to work on that day...so...Dzambo go for my real work...I wish you all good day I will read posts after I come back and I know some of will like ''always'' post interesting threads.......
    That's what I posted, thanks for putting it into Dzambo words. Go make some money Sunday is double time!

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    I haven't bothered to read all the long winded answers to this thread, but I have my own take on what is happening. I keep my foot in several other places to sell because I do need to make some money to support my internet habit.

My husband pointed out that I list lots cheaper on eBid than on other sites. One thing he pointed out was that maybe my things were toooooo cheap and people would think there was something wrong with them. I have been raising my prices a little bit to see if he is right (would be a first LOL).

I am not good at the social media and at my age I take one thing at a time and when (in 50 years or so) I run out of things to list I will make an attempt to learn it. I have a few sales every month so I am not discouraged with the way things are. I get good views right along and as long as the sales keep trickling along I will stick with it.

I am not sure this will answer your questions but it is my point of view. I like it here and I am here for the long run and I will no longer try to make this into what I think it should be.
    You are correct. This is how and where you want to sell and you are happy with it period or Amen. There should be no one allowed to tell you how to do it differently nor should anyone be allowed to criticize you or anybody else for how or where they want to sell.

Forum Diehard
    All-About emporiumdays
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    ................. One thing he pointed out was that maybe my things were toooooo cheap and people would think there was something wrong with them. I have been raising my prices a little bit to see if he is right................
    I've wondered about this myself.....

Thread Information