eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Why do I get the impression people are afraid to buy here?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Why do I get the impression people are afraid to buy here?

Quote Originally Posted by emporiumdays View Post
    Al's quote...

Well - Al, probably a fair percentage of folk think this way (probably most) - it's 'the Great American Dream' to own your own house, car(s) maybe boat, holiday house, etc etc etc. and to retire with a big nest egg. (It's the Great Australian Dream too).
    It's sold to us every day through the media. These are the 'must have things' and without them our life just isn't successful.

Trouble is that a lot of folk who think that way (and you can't blame them given the power of advertising), can end up enslaving themselves to a hugh amount of debt, meaning that they're on 'the treadmill' for their whole life chasing the proverbial 'carrot'.
    Like you say, some make it, some don't.

But it gets out of hand when some (the minority) want to have the bigger house, the fancier cars, the most luxurious boats, the multiple holiday homes, and a huge nest egg. Though they're the minority, they can make life pretty difficult for the other 90% of us.

And the point is Greed knows no bounds.

And since money makes more money, there's a scrambling to stay on top financially. The short term winners will be the Greediest.
    They can invest in all the hi tech means to futher their 'empires' and do away with need for human workers and their 'dignity' from having decent employment.

The rift between the 'wealthy' and the 'poor' is widening (and accelerating).
    That's why everyone is feeling the 'squeeze' as living standards are threatened because of the greed that's already strangling the life out of the average person.

The facts remain. The majority of people live beyond their means and that causes all types of trouble. Greed is indeed very bad but making money is not.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…Steve a less you see what is going on all around….and all numbers show this day’s stuff which is not see since 1930’is and only around 2% in here can relax on expenses rest of 98%...free market works ONLY if you have same rules for everybody I mean everybody and that mean if I make bad decision and not make it I going down no BAILOUT for me, so if any big company make it same NO BAILOUT for any company too…for all prices in free market I think decide how much customers buy and not a sample if for gas prices where numbers show costumers not buying day to day like before but price going up or price are far away from real numbers how people fill up…and that way of business and costumers real numbers is for any product in here you can call inflation that’s ok but where is paycheck inflation to follow that prices…I mean I can go on and on…and I don’t like again to go away from this exactly thread and for what is all about this tread from beginning…I just saying if we go really big we can expect same stuff what is happened on eBay and if this for real is going to happened I and many like me will move out items for somewhere else and go again and again complaining for stuff like we now complaining for eBay…....

P.S. My friend ‘’All’’ I think you in here much longer from me in this country and you not yet see what is going on….????....and I see you already write back ‘’ The majority of people live beyond their means and that causes all types of trouble’’ heheh….I mean if you put in system ‘’credit’’ and freeze wages what did you think what is going to happened next ?...and top of that take out peoples job to pay for that bills is very easy to go in debt , this is set up situation peoples don’t have choice because many in here can’t survive with paycheck week after week, but if we pull out this stuff from the system guess what? No debt for regular peoples and wages will go up and give peoples real power to buy product…and this is how this country works before and hard work with real wages build this country not low paying jobs and costumers credit…And by the way this is article for about in the past couple years what happened and for REAL what happened if you give American dream in on the hands 2% in here…and 98% still vote for better life….BUT….

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/06/speedup-americans-working-harder-charts

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dzambo go back to listing…what else, sold some stuff this morning too…Dollar for Dollar will be very nice amount for end of month and peoples will always have small amount of money to spend but in case if person can round up many buyers to buy from you…this is called ‘’truckload’’…I hope I can make it in here ‘’In my way’’…

Why do I get the impression people are afraid to buy here?….Well as I see peoples is NOT afraid to buy from me….

P.S. ‘’Steve’’ and ‘’All’’ thanks for you both for reply’s you are both good guys with different views but that’s ok with me…

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see who is on the top seller's list again Dzambo. I am trying to get back there as well. I have sold 41 items this month on my 3 year anniversary with ebid. I think this might be my best month ever. I don't think people are afraid to buy from me either. A lot have been from people who are new to ebid and some are my repeat customers. So somehow they do find us. I am so glad they do. I too, like Dzambo am just trying to add a little extra money each month to help pay the bills and make life a little easier. I too, could go on about the "have's and have more's" that Mr. Bush Jr. helped out so much, but I just can't afford to waste the time.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naturelady View Post
    I see who is on the top seller's list again Dzambo. I am trying to get back there as well. I have sold 41 items this month on my 3 year anniversary with ebid. I think this might be my best month ever. I don't think people are afraid to buy from me either. A lot have been from people who are new to ebid and some are my repeat customers. So somehow they do find us. I am so glad they do. I too, like Dzambo am just trying to add a little extra money each month to help pay the bills and make life a little easier. I too, could go on about the "have's and have more's" that Mr. Bush Jr. helped out so much, but I just can't afford to waste the time.
    Congratulations both on your 3 years at eBid and your sales! Well done!

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    The facts remain. The majority of people live beyond their means and that causes all types of trouble. Greed is indeed very bad but making money is not.
    True, but 'making money' and 'greed' are not two neatly separate 'catagories' or 'boxes'.
    There's an element of greed in most people - to a greater or lesser degree.
    The 'line' between the two is a lot clearer to some and a lot 'blurier' to others. (with varying shades for others between).

And how do you define greed anyway?

And if we say that each person should set their own benchmark for what is a 'reasonable' amount to earn, and a 'fair' amount to own, and a 'justifyable' amount for luxuries, wouldn't there be a huge variation in views?

A westerner may have no hesitation throwing away his half eaten dinner, and think nothing of it.
    A third world person would view that same thrown away food as essential sustenance for a week of survival.

Given the diversity of people on the planet, wouldn't it be fair to say the 'range' here is huge.
    What decides where 'enough' finishes and 'greed' starts?

View harold69's Feedback (+369)
    All-About harold69
    View harold69's Listings
    Forum Posts

last week i had 2 buyers who signed up just to buy my items, they stopped right there, NO COMMUNICATION, NO PAYMENTS. @#%$&^(&*_

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've lost count of the times I've typed "First class buyer, highly recommended! Welcome to eBid" into the feedback form for a new buyer (well into the thousands). People will sign up and buy if they want what you have but it helps if you add a link to the form and make some effort to sell the idea of joining too.

SOLD ON EBID - https://picasaweb.google.com/1037852...CTORSREFERENCE#

Thread Information