eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do I get the impression people are afraid to buy here?

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Why do I get the impression people are afraid to buy here?

Quote Originally Posted by Meshech73p View Post
    I don't understand it my self. It seem like I cannot find ones to look at my items. how do you get ones to look at your item?
    I looked at your auctions. You only have 4 things for sale. They can get lost in the wide world of Google. Try putting more details in your titles to attract more attention. Good luck and welcome to ebid.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caramia64 View Post
    ????
    I often buy from those i've bought from in past and have been pleased with etc. Though always looking to give others some sales. I think its important for all of us not only to list but to buy too!

GONGS = royal seal of approval for your comments!!!!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I often buy from those i've bought from in past and have been pleased with etc. Though always looking to give others some sales. I think its important for all of us not only to list but to buy too!

GONGS = royal seal of approval for your comments!!!!!

Agree...

It would be good if all members bought items from other members.
    I've bought from 1 Australian and 1 New Zealander.

I've also attempted to buy from 2 different sellers in eBid's home country, but unfortunately on both occasions, I couldn't raise a response to my attempts to purchase. One was for a set of books, the other for 3 pair of socks. It's so sad that such bad experiences happen 'cos it spoils it even for the other members who are willing to buy.

Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View ukcoins's Feedback (+6)
    All-About ukcoins
    View ukcoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minervabird View Post
    My items seem to get lots of views. I price them lower than anywhere else on the net that I can find, and I even offer the most dreaded "Pal" as a payment option. An item with 59 views in a week ought to get a taker it seems. Any clues or advice?
    Know how you feel i to get loads of hits but no sales, i put it down to lack of cliental and a bad lack of publicising the site, cant see what else it would be, i had a item on here priced at £650 and just sold it today on flee bay for £750 doesn't make sense, this is always the case priced lower on here but sells for more money elsewhere,

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ukcoins View Post
    Know how you feel i to get loads of hits but no sales, i put it down to lack of cliental and a bad lack of publicising the site, cant see what else it would be, i had a item on here priced at £650 and just sold it today on flee bay for £750 doesn't make sense, this is always the case priced lower on here but sells for more money elsewhere,
    You are right, it doesn't make sense. I had a 1 ounce gold buffalo first strike ngc ms70 listed for ages on ebid for under $1000. Finally a NPB won it. I was so disgusted that I never tried to list it here again. At the time it was selling on the Bay between $1100 to $1300, but I did not want to pay the fees. The same coin today is worth at least $2000, and increasing in value daily. I am turned off by high fees though.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…I think for most of high buying buyers this site still not know and for that reason we don’t have much buyers for high priced items, and high end buyers don’t visit much other not know well sites to buy high priced items and like this buyers still stick with one or two buying well know sites…all other small buyers spending much more times all around looking for small priced items and looking for better deal because like this buyers don’t have much money to spend and for that reason we in here have more buyers who buy collectibles items a most with small price…and our items is uploaded on Google shopping but not much help for high end buyers because like I say this all buyers spend time on other site where buying for years and site is well know all around…and top of that most of buyers don’t risk big amount of own money to buy from other sites and you can see in here a sample some of like this buyers come and buy but some end up without receiving items and spread the word around for that and process in here is different from eBay for not receiving items and some seller’s still selling even after that…eBid is very good for removing like this seller’s but big buyers just don’t trust much in business which is different from eBay selling and buying practices and like I say many times already many buyers buying stuff on eBay with many years and is hard to change that way of mind because the buyers don’t care for fees and for rules which hurt only seller’s…..is just my opinion for about this……...

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with you there dzambo - "Habbits" of people are hard to change.

Quote Originally Posted by minervabird View Post
    My items seem to get lots of views. I price them lower than anywhere else on the net that I can find, and I even offer the most dreaded "Pal" as a payment option. An item with 59 views in a week ought to get a taker it seems. Any clues or advice?
    I think that some people who have been accustomed to the fee bay approach - (the look / style, the activity / turnover, the size / variety etc etc), will find eBid to be somehow 'not quite there'. It's not even easy to put it into words. It's possibly more of a gut 'feeling' about this site.

However, when you come to realize how wonderfully functional this site is - it can make you very sad that it doesn't get the sales. When you think of the work that's gone into eBid, not only by the owners and staff, but by the thousands of hours of listing time put in by members.

Sure it's not the same as fee bay, and yes there is a need for much more variety and quality of items overall, but eBid deserves many, many more patrons than it's been getting.....

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

‘’Steve’’ my men…how are you…? I hope you ok….Well I just trying in my way of business in here where I make before like on eBay long time ago where I like in here just selling very low priced items with very good deal for the shipping too…as I see buyers pick me up slowly but going up every time but doesn’t matter what I will keep listing many more my items in the future and hopping I will break trough where I can able to sell at least $50 worth of my items every day….and I think I will go trough because with thousand and thousand low priced my items even after low fees from eBid and low fees from Pay Pal I already have Micropayment set up and with good deal from shipping charges I hopping with my price for each item from: $0.05, $0.20, $0.50, $1.00 and couple items with $4.00 or more if I can sell top of that is not going to be problem for me to reach that amount of sales day to day…What I need ? more buyers day to day and I think buyers for cheap items will come because all over the net is very hard to find low priced items without seller’s charge you high shipping or extra shipping for multiple items especially for International…It will take time but I will keep listing day to day and I know if I make on eBay with collectible low priced items I don’t see any reason why not in here too because right now I offer much better deal for low priced my items from any eBay seller’s…AMEN…….

P.S. In here is almost Midnight and Dzambo go for my real job...I wish you luck ''Steve'' and take care of yourself......

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

But no one has answered the question of the OP.

They get lots of views on ebid but few sales.

Is there really such a thing as a high end buyer and a low end buyer ?
    And if so
    Do high end buyers really stay away from ebid ?

I tend to think that the problem is more that ebid does not have enough higher priced items for sale.
    Some how we need to encourage sellers to list higher priced items and leave them on here so that when high end buyers come along there is stuff for them to buy.

Thread Information