eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Why do I get the impression people are afraid to buy here?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Why do I get the impression people are afraid to buy here?

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    But no one has answered the question of the OP.

They get lots of views on ebid but few sales.

Is there really such a thing as a high end buyer and a low end buyer ?
    And if so
    YDo high end buyers really stay away from ebid ?

I tend to think that the problem is more that ebid does not have enough higher priced items for sale.
    Some how we need to encourage sellers to list higher priced items and leave them on here so that when high end buyers come along there is stuff for them to buy.
    I agree, we need more high end and more variety sellers however asking sellers to leave thousands of dollars in invebtory just sit is a bit much. Folks can't afford to do that. We have all seen it in the forums. Sellers listing here and elsewhere only to end their listings here due to them selling elsewhere. Personally I grew tired of listing on different sitrs. Until eBid gets some volume buying action I can't waste the amount of time it takes to list constantly and not sell. Then there's a chance (extremely slight) the item will sell on more then 1 site.
    I have no idea what the problem is but there is definately a problem. If for all these years folks have been promoting eBid and eBid gets noticed in Google search, whats going wrong?
    Is anyone actually able to make a living here? If not, why not?

I so agree Adruml... My prices although not penny bazaar, are hardly high ticket items; they get plenty of views but that's it.... It's hardly worth the bother of keep relisting if it's not going to sell here. Personally, my natural reaction at looking at my listings here is knowing nothing has sold - I would almost be shocked if I found I had a sale!

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…same o…same o….once upon a time JFK say ‘’Don’t ask what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country’’….same is here don’t sell what you like to sell just sell what this auction site like…penny is the penny real money you can sell hundreds and hundreds because for that amount of money any buyer will always have the money…high priced item you can invest big money and wait and wait and wait…(write a ‘’millions’’ threads waiting finally for the buyer)…Well maybe somebody will buy ‘’in some time’’…So every auction site has own way and path just go with that or just go where you think is better….Dzambo loves you all and I wish you all good ‘’sales’’…....

P.S ‘’All’’ just write for me ‘’AMEN’’…....

Thank you to all who have posted. I do not disclose my dislike for the "pal" in my listings, as someone suggested. On certain things, however, I will not select it at all.

Again, there are VIEWS....somebody is here looking.....

Though I would rather not sell on the "bay", I have to do so to feed my family, as may others. I do not use eBid to PARK items at a high price and forget about them...next was the suggestion of:

eBid.net badly needs Bidding Wars.

Yes, bidding wars would be good, and I can attest to the fact that they do occur....however, in my case, I was the buyer and the seller did not ship the product. I have not given up!!!!! I will not give up!!!!

I just thought perhaps there is a glaring issue that I have not addressed with my listings. Here, buyers have been WONDERFUL....I have no fear in shipping out of the US. It is only with the "bay" that so many items get ...cough cough...lost in the mail.

I will plod along, and I do thank you for any insight.

minervabird

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes if every ebid seller did what Dzambo suggests and"Ddo what you can for ebid" and listed say 10 high priced items on ebid and no where else and left them here for say 6 months, just think how many items that would be.

Then upmarket buyers may start to come here.

It would be a win win for everyone.

Hey Julie! I think you are right to a point. But I also think we need variety. AND people equate "high End" items with "high prices". We need to sell lower than Feebay and we can. Here we are not charged for everything we do. That means that we CAN sell items at a lower price then we could at the Bay. If we get more variety, more items and sell them for less, they will come here.

People go to Greedbay out of habit... we need to change that habit...
    “…When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth” ~ Sherlock Holmes

Great Aunt Addie's Attic - the adventure, the finds, and OH those SPIDERS!!!

Great Aunt Addie's Attic Postcards Paper & Ephemera

Great Aunt Addie's Attic Vintage Books
    Great Aunt Addie's Attic Vintage Records
    Great Aunt Addie's Attic Coins Medals Tokens
    Great Aunt Addie's Attic Odds N Ends

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Yes if every ebid seller did what Dzambo suggests and"Ddo what you can for ebid" and listed say 10 high priced items on ebid and no where else and left them here for say 6 months, just think how many items that would be.

Then upmarket buyers may start to come here.

It would be a win win for everyone.
    Well…’’babe’’ she is right….like ‘’always’’…but who is going first to list high priced items…? Me or you first…? Well in my life I always give Lady’s ‘’advance’’ so ‘’babe’’ you’re first go ahead list 10 items high priced and I will list ‘’after’’ you…....

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well…’’babe’’ she is right….like ‘’always’’…but who is going first to list high priced items…? Me or you first…? Well in my life I always give Lady’s ‘’advance’’ so ‘’babe’’ you’re first go ahead list 10 items high priced and I will list ‘’after’’ you…....
    Well Dzambo - you're answering in true 'Dzambo' style. Very smooth ..... But yes we know you prefer to sell low priced items - and that's fine - so do I at the moment.

I think Julie's idea is a good one though. (For those who can afford to do it).
    And I understand members who say they wouldn't want to have too much value 'tied up' knowing that sales were going to be slow.

Products may have a limited window of time for sales.
    That can happen to 'fashion' items - (seasonal variations too)
    It can also happen to electronics because of becoming obsolete rather quickly, causing falling value.
    It can happen to items like watches that need to be sold before their battery runs low.

So if things are slow moving it can compound problems for the seller - apart from the money being tied up.

But if I could afford to, I certainly would list some higher priced items - it would be worth losing a bit in the short term so as to kick start things for the long term.

You'd need to have enough members involved in this 'simultaneously' for it to have the desired effect.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emporiumdays View Post
    Well Dzambo - you're answering in true 'Dzambo' style. Very smooth ..... But yes we know you prefer to sell low priced items - and that's fine - so do I at the moment.

I think Julie's idea is a good one though. (For those who can afford to do it).
    And I understand members who say they wouldn't want to have too much value 'tied up' knowing that sales were going to be slow.

Products may have a limited window of time for sales.
    That can happen to 'fashion' items - (seasonal variations too)
    It can also happen to electronics because of becoming obsolete rather quickly, causing falling value.
    It can happen to items like watches that need to be sold before their battery runs low.

So if things are slow moving it can compound problems for the seller - apart from the money being tied up.

But if I could afford to, I certainly would list some higher priced items - it would be worth losing a bit in the short term so as to kick start things for the long term.

You'd need to have enough members involved in this 'simultaneously' for it to have the desired effect.
    Agree 110%. Unfortunately the only high priced item in my life isn't for sale, though I could definitely use some help with his beer tab.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

People are often afraid of anything new until it becomes mainstream and then start to trust. so carry on providing a great service and you'll have your own set of loyal customers remember its always hard to get the ball rolling.

Thread Information