eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classic car parts

Forum Newbie
    All-About selbyspremier
    View selbyspremier's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Classic car parts

I have just closed my account over at the dark side after 10 x 100% years & over £20k worth of sales/purchases due to the closure of classic car parts & the way they treat their paying customers. I`ve had a quick look around here & it looks great so I will start listing some Daimler V8 bits shortly.

Digging up old threads... sorry!

I've noticed more traders coming over here, azcarparts are one I've used on eBay and direct that is now here, I've saved Retroford Store and have a couple of baconsdozen stuff in my watchlist.

So since I this tread started it has definitely improved a lot.

Forum Newbie
    Barrow In Furness, Cumbria, United Kingdom
    View themanualman's Feedback (+146)
    All-About themanualman
    View themanualman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by selbyspremier View Post
    I have just closed my account over at the dark side after 10 x 100% years & over £20k worth of sales/purchases due to the closure of classic car parts & the way they treat their paying customers. I`ve had a quick look around here & it looks great so I will start listing some Daimler V8 bits shortly.
    Good on you... But dont think for one moment you get the sales you get on e**y my experiance is use this site as an extra stream of income.
    In my opinion the sales on ebid are somewat lower than the dark side as you put it. I did the same thing and moved sites due to changes in the file selling rule changes catching me out and was band for 12 months along with 1000s of others through no falt of my own. the income droped radicaly as ebid sales were more chalanging. I have returned to the dark side as this is the major player. However as a lifetime member of ebid I hope the sales here catch up. But I dont think it will. second off the block is rarely the winner.
    But I like your attitude and every dog has it's Day.

Themanualman
    :-) Steve

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sales for parts etc aren't as much slower as non existent,In the categories I look at they are the same old junk month in month out all on run till sold.

As we now own a 1957 Morris Minor, though I'd look at the parts situation on ebid - 3 items, none of which we need. Disappointing.

It's hardly surprising sales are non-existant.
    Kay

Fenland Cards - greeting cards for anyone

The Motoring Gift Company

- Enjoying time out in our Morris Minor

Live Long & Prosper

Join ebid HERE

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sadly its been that way for as long as I've been on here. Ebid just doesn't attract enough buyers and sellers.

Forum Lurker
    View Triumph7's Feedback (+15)
    All-About Triumph7
    View Triumph7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    Well I've returned here after a 3 year break to see if this site has got any better as regards to sales.

24 days have past without any (no change there then) but at least I've had a few views.

Looking at the other sellers of classics car parts, they do not seem to be having much luck either.

Until ebid start advertising this site I'm afraid it won't get any better. It's no good just to rely on current members spreading the word!

I suppose it's ok for those people who just want to "Play" at selling.

Forum Newbie
    Burton On Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View Trikersue's Feedback (+13120)
    All-About Trikersue
    View Trikersue's Listings
    Forum Posts

You would have thought the state Ebay is in it would be the time for Ebid to shine. But it is still the same as five year ago!
    They say bring your buyers here but I steer buyers to my web site. I can not under stand all this, it is much more friendly here! I thought it was a selling platform not a social site.
    As I see it, it is a golden opportunity for Ebid. There are seller crying out for a decent selling place but it is no good if there is no customers.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

What i have noticed too often is the following.....almost all potential Ebid sellers are also Ebay sellers....unless they have found themselves restricted, there is a temptation to hold all of the best items and list them with Ebay and leave all of unsold and hard to sell items with Ebid, or of course not bother at all.
    with that said, i actually listed some hard to find parts last year and while i had plenty of views with Ebid this did not result in a sale....after a lot of relisting and i mean a lot of relisting elsewhere i did eventually sell them.
    What would happen if all of the sellers who had many parts to hand decided to list them here?....wouldn't this in itself drive buyers to this site?.

Forum Lurker
    View scorpioman's Feedback (+4704)
    All-About scorpioman
    View scorpioman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good luck, some of my manuals might come in handy for you one day. Thousands more yet to be listed and I have a huge amount of old car parts to move on if you are interested, you could list those on here as well. I am concentrating on manuals etc only

Thread Information