eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: whats happened to the hellooo thread??

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: whats happened to the hellooo thread??

Quote Originally Posted by Mostly_Cookbooks View Post
    Cor blimey! I've missed all the fun again.

Adruml: Do you honestly think a button pusher will admit to it? Yep, I know Mags did previously - but Mags has armadillo skin

Don't worry about it. Life's too short.
    I'm not worried it just drives me crazy this goes on in the forums and in real life. The duck and run BS needs to stop. I've always noticed Magnets and Hangers is always upfront and to the point. No beating around the bush at all. Just a real person and will back any statements made. I see no reason why this shouldn't be a way of life in the forums. Why hide your actions. As the 1940's Sam Cooke song goes (incidently reworked by Heart listen to attached) TELL IT LIKE IT IS!
    http://youtu.be/OoQIYDV1Zj0

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    I'm not worried it just drives me crazy this goes on in the forums and in real life. The duck and run BS needs to stop. I've always noticed Magnets and Hangers is always upfront and to the point. No beating around the bush at all. Just a real person and will back any statements made. I see no reason why this shouldn't be a way of life in the forums. Why hide your actions. As the 1940's Sam Cooke song goes (incidently reworked by Heart listen to attached) TELL IT LIKE IT IS!
    http://youtu.be/OoQIYDV1Zj0
    That is a double-edged sword..... It is because some posters 'tell it like it is' that threads get deleted.
    This will always happen - there will always be something someone finds confrontational while the rest of us see it as good-natured bantering.

Bullying is, of course, unacceptable - and some threads have come close to that at times; some are a little risque - and I have had one of mine removed here and on the other side for that reason. The problem with making a point of 'asking' the BP to raise their hands or making an issue of it, is that a nasty finger-pointing begins to evolve.

Let them push their buttons; let us get on with the selling.

Or, not selling in my case

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

That is a double-edged sword..... It is because some posters 'tell it like it is' that threads get deleted.
    This will always happen - there will always be something someone finds confrontational while the rest of us see it as good-natured bantering.

Bullying is, of course, unacceptable - and some threads have come close to that at times; some are a little risque - and I have had one of mine removed here and on the other side for that reason. The problem with making a point of 'asking' the BP to raise their hands or making an issue of it, is that a nasty finger-pointing begins to evolve.

Let them push their buttons; let us get on with the selling.

Or, not selling in my case
    Okay.
    I was getting ready to start listing all my items here again (musical instrument related) but now I noticed the instrument sellers have vanished so the category is still small. Grrrr. Really need to figure out a way to keep sellers here.

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Okay.
    I was getting ready to start listing all my items here again (musical instrument related) but now I noticed the instrument sellers have vanished so the category is still small. Grrrr. Really need to figure out a way to keep sellers here.
    I am also a little concerned about sellers: I have just searched for some books and there are 35 on here compared to HUNDREDS on feebay. Of the 35, I think there was only a variation of four, or so, compared to everything the author had written on the other side.

Afraid this is becoming more and more common and I am having to buy either on feebay or the river. I have no objection to doing either, but like to support eBid where possible.

Frustrating, isn't it?

Good luck with your sales

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am also a little concerned about sellers: I have just searched for some books and there are 35 on here compared to HUNDREDS on feebay. Of the 35, I think there was only a variation of four, or so, compared to everything the author had written on the other side.

Afraid this is becoming more and more common and I am having to buy either on feebay or the river. I have no objection to doing either, but like to support eBid where possible.

Frustrating, isn't it?

Good luck with your sales
    Very frustrating. As much as I want to support eBid and vacate other sites I still can't. Been hanging around waiting for growth, see it then it's back to years gone by. I wish there was a quick fix or answer to the how to keep sellers here question but there really isn't.
    I had honestly thought with the changes going on at eBay this place would be loaded with sellers and naturally buyers follow but it just hasn't happened. Watching the categories (mine in particular) they go up then a few months later go back down. I'm in on line sales for the money so I need to list say 10 items take some of the profit and reinvest in either 10 more items or less items to net a better profit and build from there or at least stash the profit for a rainy day and just keep listing different items. Guitars, drums, cymbals, speakers, microphones and amplifiers are not inexpensive items and I can't imagine leaving $$$ in inventory sit for months on end. I even tried football cards and cell phone screen protectors to list and sell. Months went by and nothing I ended up ending those auctions (hundreds of items) due to selling elsewhere.
    Listing is not an easy task and it does take time so listing on both only to end items here doesn't interest me knowing we don't have enough buyers to make it worthwhile and for me self promoting is out I would rather pay for advertising and promoting.

Cor blimey! I've missed all the fun again.

Adruml: Do you honestly think a button pusher will admit to it? Yep, I know Mags did previously - but Mags has armadillo skin

Don't worry about it. Life's too short.

well i did get a reply and i was right people reported the thread lol they just dont like us being around thats the problem and according to support numerouse people reported it , n they will never own up to who did it its all behind the scenes work with them.and wait for this to go as well cos there childish

Blimey, it's like stepping back in time! Just when you thought it was safe to get back in the water! PMSL

Ello lads and lasses
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Okay, it's driving me mad. What the heck was the "hellooo" thread!? Who started it? What was it about? (I do wish people would use meaningful titles for us nosey people!)

wow mel how ya diddling lol....been a longgggg time .......well kim many many years ago there was a good bunch on here and me and topchick had this thread going called helloooooooo we had the biggest thread on here till some....."people "decided they were going to change that .anyway long story .were back haha and its not liked .face bovvered.nahhhhhhh

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shady-lady-45uk View Post
    wow mel how ya diddling lol....been a longgggg time .......well kim many many years ago there was a good bunch on here and me and topchick had this thread going called helloooooooo we had the biggest thread on here till some....."people "decided they were going to change that .anyway long story .were back haha and its not liked .face bovvered.nahhhhhhh
    I think I understood about 13% of that. I suspect at this stage I should just say "wha'ever".

Thread Information