eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How about a Forum for Members only?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How about a Forum for Members only?

Just a thought but I find it detrimental to the site for visitors/guests to view some of the threads the members have going.
    If a new member is looking for help or has a problem then it is in fact only the members that can help. No need to have guests checking out the thread.
    If we have suggestions we feel strongly about or feel there is a problem with the site why would we want to invite guests to view our problems.
    Any thoughts?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How about a Forum for Members only?

Openness and transparency are important I think so for me the one Forum for all is my ideal.
    Two Forums ? I wouldn't like to keep switching between two. Or only a Forum for members only? I wouldn't like to see Guests excluded and I don't think it would be good for them or the site.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with Cheaver, prefer the openness of the forums myself; if there are private issues between members, they can always use PMs.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

If forums were not seen by guests then it would have an impact (IMO a large impact) on sales as internet spiders are 'guests' too

Just as an example, I have had sales simply because someone was researching something on Google which then made them come to our forums, which in turn I had posted on, which then got me a sale. This has happened to me on more than 20 known occasions when I researched where the buyer found my item/s

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wasn't thinking along the lines of an entire seperate forum. Just 1 portion/1 category only. Although I agree open and honest is the way to go but some posts/threads need to be between all members only.
    I can't beleive it would hurt eBid if there were a forum category titled "For members only".

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Just a thought but I find it detrimental to the site for visitors/guests to view some of the threads the members have going.
    If a new member is looking for help or has a problem then it is in fact only the members that can help. No need to have guests checking out the thread.
    If we have suggestions we feel strongly about or feel there is a problem with the site why would we want to invite guests to view our problems.
    Any thoughts?
    Or maybe they would see that there is an open dialog between not only fellow members but the administrators as well.

Mild suggestion to eBid:

Gazza posts once in awhile maybe you should have him post more. Of course I really don’t know what his other duties are in the company. Maybe you should get someone you know that are or can be talkative. Suggest a woman they love talking and letting there thoughts know. Hey their brains are set up for multiple processes while we men are single process. It’s not our fault it’s nature. Stop telling us a dozen things to do. One thing at a time or make a list.

Before i joined Ebid i looked at the forum and liked what i saw, so then joined if it was like certain other forums full of people who took a pleasure in bashing newbies with put downs i wouldant have bothered.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Geez folks it has nothing to do with bashing newbies. In the time I have been in the forums I have not seen that yet unless of course the newbie struck first. This is not a matter of chatting about newbies it is about hiding our dirty laundry in an attempt to keep it from going public.
    Public forums regarding scammers, non paying buyers, struck through sellers to name a few I feel hurts the site and guests can't help the poster with the problem anyway however members can so let the members deal with it and let the guests browse the fun filled world of eBid.

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Public forums regarding scammers, non paying buyers, struck through sellers to name a few I feel hurts the site and guests can't help the poster with the problem anyway however members can so let the members deal with it and let the guests browse the fun filled world of eBid.
    So you would basically rather sweep it under the carpet as if it doesnt happen - or cant find out it happens until AFTER one joins or pays out 50 notes?

If there was a seperate forum for members.....

If I am a newbie, and could read all the forums that were available to non-members.
    Thought to myself, oh this looks ok - no mention of scammers, non paying buyers etc etc. I think I'll join. I pay my 50 quid.........then get access to the members forum, and find threads about non paying buyers etc, I would be furious.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    So you would basically rather sweep it under the carpet as if it doesnt happen - or cant find out it happens until AFTER one joins or pays out 50 notes?

If there was a seperate forum for members.....

If I am a newbie, and could read all the forums that were available to non-members.
    Thought to myself, oh this looks ok - no mention of scammers, non paying buyers etc etc. I think I'll join. I pay my 50 quid.........then get access to the members forum, and find threads about non paying buyers etc, I would be furious.
    Fortunately whenever a negative post/thread comes about the resolve is either a verification process policy, mistake by the seller/buyer, a misunderstanding or a true scammer. Either way, in the end the true fault is realized and or the issue gets resolved but in the meantime we have many visitors viewing 1 or 2 posts of the thread and forming an immediate opinion of the site and perhaps never visiting again.

Personally I would get more upset about listing an item then getting struck through after I sold the item due to the verification process then I would reading eBid had a member only forum to discuss internal issues.

Thread Information