Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: A new tick box for the forum please?

Default A new tick box for the forum please?

WHen I come into the forums, I just click on ''what's new'' - that way I can see most recent posts.

However, when doing this there are always lots of threads on the first page- exactly the same threads day after day.

Is there any way a tick box could be added? Just so that once I (or anyone) reads a thread, and that particular topic holds no interest to me, I can tick a box, and that thread will not show again for me?

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: A new tick box for the forum please?

I'd be bound to be 'Ticked Off!'

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    I'd be bound to be 'Ticked Off!'
    Noooooooo I dont mean one just for posts from any particular person (I already got a pretty full ''ignore list'' in my cp for that.

Just mean one that doesnt show any entire threads which am not liable to wanna read.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Noooooooo I dont mean one just for posts from any particular person (I already got a pretty full ''ignore list'' in my cp for that.

Just mean one that doesnt show any entire threads which am not liable to wanna read.
    An "ignore thread" option would be very useful, but since the forum is a bought in option it will depend entirely on whether or not that is something the creators have provided.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Allow me to bump this to the top of the forums.

Was going to ignore this thread,

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    WHen I come into the forums, I just click on ''what's new'' - that way I can see most recent posts.

However, when doing this there are always lots of threads on the first page- exactly the same threads day after day.

Is there any way a tick box could be added? Just so that once I (or anyone) reads a thread, and that particular topic holds no interest to me, I can tick a box, and that thread will not show again for me?
    Whrn you have finished reading the forums click on "Forums" tab above "Whats New"

Go down page to just above "Whats Going On" and click on "Mark Forums Read"

Then next time you go onto "Whats New" you should only see threads that have new posts added since you last were on the forums
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Whrn you have finished reading the forums click on "Forums" tab above "Whats New"

Then next time you go onto "Whats New" you should only see threads that have new posts added since you last were on the forums
    never knew that one - thanks Tony.

Unfortunately it will still show additions to threads which I dont look at (no problems with such threads, just dont need to see them every day, or every time I log in)

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post

I use Mr Mark Read umpteen times a day, but the point is that many of the long-standing chatty threads, and stuff like the "pretending to be in a bar" threads are being constantly updated. Which is great if you're interested (and there's nothing wrong with that!) but it would just be nice to have a simple way to avoid those purely social long-running threads if one wanted to. I don't think it will be possible though.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

‘’What is new’’…as ‘’usual’’ The Kitchen table….in my opinion this is only thread where we post about 50% from new threads against all other threads combined is not always in that high numbers but most of time…and most of time is the top of threads because every couple min. somebody post something in that thread…and I know exactly time where we don’t see many new threads in the kitchen table and that is from around 1 AM to about 6 AM UK Time where most of members from UK still sleeping…all rest of members including me post in this threads too but in that numbers in that short time in that % no way…no members outside of particular ‘’friendly club’’ can beat that numbers…and just for remember all new threads will show up in the Google search too and many people around who looking to buy something or try to sell will see all that stuff…and after that some people will decide will join this auction site or not…or just stick with ‘’Facebook’’….Dzambo as ‘’usual’’ loves you all…going back for my job and after I come I will list more…what else person can do on auction site…...

Thread Information