eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Gazza, more clarification re Brands & Google Shopping please.

Default Re: Gazza, more clarification re Brands & Google Shopping please.

I went back to Gazza's original post on the topic. The first sentence reads:

"Due to stricter policy changes at Google Shopping we will be restricting the products that we will be submitting to Google Shopping in the near future. "

My guess? eBid is adhering to the new standards and anything questionable is not being submitted. The other sites are ignoring it, and Google Shopping is listing their items.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post

"Due to stricter policy changes at Google Shopping we will be restricting the products that we will be submitting to Google Shopping in the near future. "

My guess? eBid is adhering to the new standards and anything questionable is not being submitted. The other sites are ignoring it, and Google Shopping is listing their items.
    Nice thought, but I don't think so.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post

This could be true as another site only submits items that meet the new standards. However the other site indicates the items that were not submitted so the seller can correct the problem.

Some items from other sites may be slipping through the net at the moment but Google seem to be slowly checking these. I have had items rejected yesterday that past OK last week.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Gazza has posted in NEWS

We've made a few tweeks to the uploading process today. We had a bit of a catch 22 situation going on, Google asking us not to upload items that do not comply with their policies, yet doing this means that items that need to be reviewed for exemption are not uploaded for them to check.

If you have applied for exemption and not yet been granted then keep an eye out for your items appearing on Google Shopping in the next 48hrs and once they do then re-apply for exemption using the same method as before.

I can let you know that any mixed stores with books with isbn and books without isbn are not being granted exemption. You will require separate eBid Stores. Same goes for music stores with CDs with barcodes and LPs without it seems.

Thx,
    Gazza
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think I will have to survive without google shopping

Well thankfully I only had one book that had an ISBN number, so I just closed the listing. Does this mean without an exemption listings will be uploaded to google but not google shopping?

Yeh think im going to have to close a few auctions myself as I have paints etc and used moulds that have bar codes will stick them in another shop :P Sorted

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Well thankfully I only had one book that had an ISBN number, so I just closed the listing. Does this mean without an exemption listings will be uploaded to google but not google shopping?
    Items are NOT uploaded to google or the other search engines, the search engines "bots" or "spiders" find them & add them, that is why you will sometimes things on a search engine, that no longer exist.
    Google Shopping is more "real time" so out of date items shouldn't show there.

The main unknown is how big a part, if any, does google shopping play in ranking your items for the google search engine
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Items are NOT uploaded to google or the other search engines, the search engines "bots" or "spiders" find them & add them, that is why you will sometimes things on a search engine, that no longer exist.
    Google Shopping is more "real time" so out of date items shouldn't show there.

The main unknown is how big a part, if any, does google shopping play in ranking your items for the google search engine
    Thanks for the info. I thought items were uploaded in the past. My listings used to show in google search, then when all this started they did not show in google search, and now that google has exempted one of my stores, most of my items show in search and shopping.

Thread Information