eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Gazza, more clarification re Brands & Google Shopping please.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Gazza, more clarification re Brands & Google Shopping please.

Quote Originally Posted by waynemanor1953 View Post
    Perhaps add an option to the bulk edit pages.
    That's not what Bulk Edit is designed for; it is for making the same edit to a group of items. I doubt many sellers have multiple items that bear the same barcode (those that do would usually be required to be in a single listing).

I would have thought you would have been more quickly and better served by exporting your items; using the Ninja Lister, a spreadsheet application, or a text editor, to make the changes - and then uploading back to eBid with the 'overwrite' option set.

Ok i've finally put in the exemption form for google, for my keepsake cards & photo frames store. I just hope it goes through ok.

And i still haven't gotten a reply from Gazza as to whether putting 'Unbranded' on the unbranded clothing in my clothing store, where you need to put a brand name, will allow my store uploaded to google shopping. ( i don't want an exemption for this store).

Jane

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    That's not what Bulk Edit is designed for; it is for making the same edit to a group of items. I doubt many sellers have multiple items that bear the same barcode (those that do would usually be required to be in a single listing).

I would have thought you would have been more quickly and better served by exporting your items; using the Ninja Lister, a spreadsheet application, or a text editor, to make the changes - and then uploading back to eBid with the 'overwrite' option set.
    It was actually support that told me to make the request on the forums for consideration in their future updates. It was concerning Google requirements for ISBNs after listing whole year's worth of different sets of magazines.

I put the request on the correct forum post but added the above in response the waynemanor1953's post.

Hello, I don't get it. I have an exemption on my store. Some items on Google, some are not. I would guess maybe 1/3 are on Google. Some I have tried closing and re-listing to see if they would get picked up. One worked. One did not. I keep reading the forums but so many bits and pieces makes it hard to find a specific answer sometimes. Especially since this is kind of new. All my items are BIN. There does not seem to be any pattern that I can find.
    Any ideas or hlp would be greatly appreciated.
    Raven
    We all move in the direction of our dominant thoughts.
    Choose your steps wisely!

God Bless
    Raven

Still waiting to see if any of my stores have been granted exemption. It's been five days and haven't heard a thing. Meanwhile I've been frantically adding the barcode numbers from many of my items where I can find a barcode.

I have just received an exemption for my keepsake cards store, which is great, but i still don't know if my clothing store is being uploaded to google shopping, although having checked a few clothes on google shopping,. none of them are on there.

I wish there was a way ebid could let you know if your store is being uploaded to google shopping or not (the stores that aren't exempt from the new rules. That way i could find out if anything is stopping them from being uploaded.

Jane

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Two of my stores have now been exempted according to what it says next to the GSID in my stores list.

Not sure what all this actually means but, Hey Ho, thought I'd better apply as some of my items don't have any ISBNs or EANs or whatever other initials they need! :-)

I never search in Google Shopping just put what I want in a search box but some people must or we wouldn't have to go through all this, or would we?

Congrats LD and starlady. At least it shows something is happening with Google. I'm still waiting to hear whether my shops have been exempted.

waynemanor
    I am not sure if you will get notification or not.
    I just noticed one day that my gsid just said exempt next to it.
    If you filled out the form right google will have no way of contacting you to tell you either way. and i think support maybe a little busy to email every store that is looking for the exemption
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Yippee!! Logged on this morning and checked my stores. All have been given an exemption. Maybe now things will pick up again as it's been nearly a month since I've sold anything.

Thread Information