Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sales on Ebid.

Default Re: Sales on Ebid.

I think the percentage of sales on here are extremely low for everyone on here (I see most people have imported their feedback)...eBid is a great concept and everyone loves the idea of it being free to list and free to sell, however I guess you get what you pay for. To be competitive you must be competitive and that costs money ...i.e. staff, advertizing, ect.... Ebid needs to become competitive and make some crucial changes or this remain will remain what it is. I would really like to see this site become a place to sell goods worldwide and be an "alternative". Just my humble opinion

I can only speak for myself, but after an initial small amount of sales, despite various listings, numerous promotions, I haven't sold anything since.... I would be interested in knowing where the sales are on eBid so I could have some idea of what I do in the future here. Meantime, if I have a bad Autumn and Winter here, I will move on to somewhere else.

I hope others will chime in and hopefully Mark and Gazza will see that this is a serious issue...we DO NOT need sellers to leave here...and many have...

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by partspickers View Post
    I hope others will chime in and hopefully Mark and Gazza will see that this is a serious issue...we DO NOT need sellers to leave here...and many have...
    Flaming Nora! What a wimpish attitude!
    It's not up to the Boyz! They done their bit by giving us a great site.

I'd like figures I could work with, gimme information, but that's me trying to get a handle on things aint it?

I've done ok here, in fact I've done well . . . but I aint after making a living out of it!

I use other sites too, but even then it's not a living for me.

Ebid, I think will grow through the second hand & collectible sectors, just like ebay used to be.

My advice to anyone that wants it how it used to be is: Join up as a seller plus and list, list, list and list!
    Stop whinging and get real an mean!

I

If whining is posting 40,000 US Dollars of merchandise and selling one item in 6 months...so be it... The Boyz site needs some work or it will remain a social chat site for the few that think they do well selling 5-10 $5.00 items per month. I came here because I read that this was the number 1 competitor to the other site you all call feebay and being UK based. Alot of my sales come from the UK and Australia so I thought it was going to be a fabulous place to SELL. I priced all my items for less than on the other site because of the no listing fees and/or final value fees....then I came back on and slashed the prices 50-80% to see if that would spark up some customers...and it did...I sold one item that was worth 500.00 US Dollars for 149.00 in 6 months. I do not do this because I am bored...I do this to support myself and several employees. I am still here and "WHINING" because this wonderful site would be a great place to do business as an alternative to the other site thats out there. However if someone doesnt start "WHINING" then ebid will never be more than a social site (like facebook) for a few diehards that dont care if they sell anything. I like this site's concept and hope it turns into something, however if people continue to join thinking its an "auction site" and they think they will have real sucess and then find out it isnt working..they will continue to leave....that does the Boyz no good nor does it do me any good, because sellers are buyers, and most of us attempting to use this site need buyers.

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

If whining is posting 40,000 US Dollars of merchandise and selling one item in 6 months...so be it... The Boyz site needs some work or it will remain a social chat site for the few that think they do well selling 5-10 $5.00 items per month. I came here because I read that this was the number 1 competitor to the other site you all call feebay and being UK based. Alot of my sales come from the UK and Australia so I thought it was going to be a fabulous place to SELL. I priced all my items for less than on the other site because of the no listing fees and/or final value fees....then I came back on and slashed the prices 50-80% to see if that would spark up some customers...and it did...I sold one item that was worth 500.00 US Dollars for 149.00 in 6 months. I do not do this because I am bored...I do this to support myself and several employees. I am still here and "WHINING" because this wonderful site would be a great place to do business as an alternative to the other site thats out there. However if someone doesnt start "WHINING" then ebid will never be more than a social site (like facebook) for a few diehards that dont care if they sell anything. I like this site's concept and hope it turns into something, however if people continue to join thinking its an "auction site" and they think they will have real sucess and then find out it isnt working..they will continue to leave....that does the Boyz no good nor does it do me any good, because sellers are buyers, and most of us attempting to use this site need buyers.
    This site needs it's own identity.

I don't think for a minute that that id is going to be the next top shopping mall!

I think it's going to be the best ever place to buy used goods & collectibles.

For anything else you have to enter the fray, find yourself a dragon (dragons den UK) and do what it takes.

Bottom line is that to make a living you rely on no one but yourself.
    ebid is only one of your thousands of options.
    It's a venue only, take it or leave it. If it doesn't suit your plans then leave it.

What I mean about whinging is, you tried it, maybe it didn't work and you complain instead of sucking it up and changing tactics or strategy.
    Ebid gives you an opportunity but it does not offer any guarantees.

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do laugh when I read some of the replies .. anyone who dares mention that there are hadrly any buyers is called a whinger lol

This site HAS its own identity and its that of a place which has next to no buyers and sales are mostly between each other.

The old .. 'go and promote this site and get sales ; is wearing thin with many people .... if they wanted to be a sales rep for a comapny they would be paid for it... Sure go and promote yourself and what you have to sell but in fairness I will not recommend it to anyone to join as a viable selling site because its not.

The old chestnut about give it time, sales on here are slow .. lets have a reality check.. I see the same people trotting out the same old platitudes ..the same old platitudes they have been handing out for YEARS lol.

I feel sorry for the people who join and expect to sell on here, when they dont they do a post asking why and they are shouted down.

I have sold nothing since i joined back in January.. sure i list the item here and over on the bay.. difference is the fast selling items have gone in days over there while they dont even get any views over here... My guess is that this is like a penny auction site.
    Ive listed lego, it didnt even get a single view, Caterpillar boots that got 1 view.. they sold in 3 days over on the bay and had hundreds of views.

Anyway I just find it amusing that there are more and more posts on the forum about no sales .. no one gives a damn , the poster gets told not to whine so guess what.. they leave e bid.All that hoohaaa about how posts about no sales being bad for the site.. rubbish.. what is bad for the site is the people saying there are no sales..wait for months and months cos ebid is slower than everywhere else OR the pounce and lynch brigade.

Ive said before I use ebid as a parking lot , nothing more.

Be good folks and stay safe.

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGrandma View Post
    I do laugh when I read some of the replies .. anyone who dares mention that there are hadrly any buyers is called a whinger lol

This site HAS its own identity and its that of a place which has next to no buyers and sales are mostly between each other.

The old .. 'go and promote this site and get sales ; is wearing thin with many people .... if they wanted to be a sales rep for a comapny they would be paid for it... Sure go and promote yourself and what you have to sell but in fairness I will not recommend it to anyone to join as a viable selling site because its not.

The old chestnut about give it time, sales on here are slow .. lets have a reality check.. I see the same people trotting out the same old platitudes ..the same old platitudes they have been handing out for YEARS lol.

I feel sorry for the people who join and expect to sell on here, when they dont they do a post asking why and they are shouted down.

I have sold nothing since i joined back in January.. sure i list the item here and over on the bay.. difference is the fast selling items have gone in days over there while they dont even get any views over here... My guess is that this is like a penny auction site.
    Ive listed lego, it didnt even get a single view, Caterpillar boots that got 1 view.. they sold in 3 days over on the bay and had hundreds of views.

Anyway I just find it amusing that there are more and more posts on the forum about no sales .. no one gives a damn , the poster gets told not to whine so guess what.. they leave e bid.All that hoohaaa about how posts about no sales being bad for the site.. rubbish.. what is bad for the site is the people saying there are no sales..wait for months and months cos ebid is slower than everywhere else OR the pounce and lynch brigade.

Ive said before I use ebid as a parking lot , nothing more.

Be good folks and stay safe.
    I say it as it is.

Sales are slow for some for sure!

As for whinger, well so what? I have been burned before, I have sold jack capital S before. But I did not whinge!
    I adapted. 1st thing I did was to drop the bay like a hot brick and only use them on freelist days.
    Then I discovered Amazon, an amazing site that rewarded me for my love of books.
    Ebid offers me five stores where I can keep all my inventory at no cost, I even make sales thanks to google shopping. All my feedback is from ebid and I have had far more sales than my fb suggests.

Ebid also offers me a platform to cut & paste listings to the bay & others when offers or opportunity arise.

It's part of my 'Current' plan.

The lynch brigade thing is funny as hell, Hang yourself if you must but don't call it murder!

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think the percentage of sales on here are extremely low for everyone on here (I see most people have imported their feedback)...eBid is a great concept and everyone loves the idea of it being free to list and free to sell, however I guess you get what you pay for. To be competitive you must be competitive and that costs money ...i.e. staff, advertizing, ect.... Ebid needs to become competitive and make some crucial changes or this remain will remain what it is. I would really like to see this site become a place to sell goods worldwide and be an "alternative". Just my humble opinion
    No, I think you're on the wrong track. I don't think it's anything to do with eBid as such. I think it's much more likely to be a problem with seller 'mentality' (not yours personally, I mean sellers as a group). I've just been looking at your listings (noticed your comments on another thread) and I've been puzzling over what you're reporting. I'm puzzled because your experience listing in a relatively empty catalogue runs counter to mine. I've always been rewarded relatively quickly. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the unusually diverse nature of the category. Does that make it harder to get it going? If you think you can sell more on you own site, why is that? On the surface, at least, It doesn't really make any sense.

Just thinking, wondering if the automotive category is a special case.

Forum Lurker
    View rogaz1010's Feedback (+20)
    All-About rogaz1010
    View rogaz1010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Keep your Head up then you can let your down!!! Sorry song stuck in my head from driving home from work.
    I am staying optimistic about eBid and hope it gets more traffic.
    Many hope to get rich quick. I just want to grow and sell.
    I have only been here a few months. I am now +5 and I sold a necklace just this week. so sales do happen.
    I use several sites to sell on so a sell is a sell no matter what store/site its bought from.
    Sell an item or 2 or 3 a day on each site and its all good.
    Can't quit the day job but I can dream about it and who knows what the future holds.

Sales to all buyers on a regular basis sounds heavenly.

Thread Information