60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it should be removed

49 81.67%
  • No, it should stay

4 6.67%
  • Don't mind

7 11.67%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Do you think eBid should remove the eBay comparison?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Do you think eBid should remove the eBay comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by bbd2u View Post
    I for one think it should stay. Not only that, but if there is any way to broadcast it, I would be in favor. Face it, ebid is the only legitimate alternative to ebay right now for most purposes. I know that it was a very crucial factor in getting me over here from ebay. I had never heard about ebid before I read that Toptenreview article. Growing ebid is only going to help your business. Why would you want to do away with something that makes ex-ebayers feel comfortable here right away? I dont get it. Are you trying to be nice and polite toward ebay?????? For heaven sakes why?
    Polite to eBay? Where did that come from?

No I beleive it is because the comparison has gotten folks to beleive eBid is an equal to eBay. Whether it is stated or not folks are reading it that way. It's just a matter of perception which of course is extremely powerful. Folks come on eBid and expect the same as eBay. Once they find it's different they begin posting rather obnoxious comments in the forums and state eBid is nothing like eBid, blah, blah blah.
    So in attempt to halt these thoughts doing away with the comparison suggestion at the top left corner of the page would be a tremendous step in that direction.
    Not that eBid shouldn't state who and what they are but to perceive the way it has been is causing some rucous.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

I for one think it should stay. Not only that, but if there is any way to broadcast it, I would be in favor. Face it, ebid is the only legitimate alternative to ebay right now for most purposes. I know that it was a very crucial factor in getting me over here from ebay. I had never heard about ebid before I read that Toptenreview article. Growing ebid is only going to help your business. Why would you want to do away with something that makes ex-ebayers feel comfortable here right away? I dont get it. Are you trying to be nice and polite toward ebay?????? For heaven sakes why?
    You want it to stay even though if they use the link in the article on eBid and go to the Toptenreview site they will see that Toptenreview no longer place eBid in the top thirteen auction sites.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    You want it to stay even though if they use the link in the article on eBid and go to the Toptenreview site they will see that Toptenreview no longer place eBid in the top thirteen auction sites.
    And why is that? Obviously it has to be some mistake on TopTenReviews part. I cant believe anyone would think ebid really dropped 13 notches in the ratings....just doesnt make sense. It is either a mistake or somebody got paid under the table to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Not that eBid shouldn't state who and what they are but to perceive the way it has been is causing some rucous.
    I respect your opinion (and everyone elses for that matter) however, rucous is a good thing. We want rucous. The more yelling the better. It will help get ebid on the radar of people looking for ebay alternative. Who was it that said something like `I dont mind bad publicity...it is when they stop talking about me that I worry..`

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I respect your opinion (and everyone elses for that matter) however, rucous is a good thing. We want rucous. The more yelling the better. It will help get ebid on the radar of people looking for ebay alternative. Who was it that said something like `I dont mind bad publicity...it is when they stop talking about me that I worry..`
    I agree but when we keep hearing eBid doesn't satisfy like eBay does then it's no longer a good thing.

I agree but when we keep hearing eBid doesn't satisfy like eBay does then it's no longer a good thing.
    Dont know why anyone would say that. If they were satisfied with ebay they probably wouldnt be here to begin with. What are the expectations of people coming here? For me, I had no choice but to look for an alternative. ebay pretty much shut down my business by not allowing me to list Bose audio products internationally anymore. I went to Amazon first but I cant list anything internationally there. Bonanza was next but it is obvious their international capability is extremely limited. Not knowing where to turn next, I happenned to see that toptenreview in a google search and figured I would give ebid a look-see. I was very impressed right away with its capabilities to list internationally - in some ways it is even better than ebay. Of course after a few days and seeing not many views of my items I had to make a decision to stay here and try to help improve traffic or just leave and go back to ebay to wait for the next brick they would throw at at me. So yes, maybe some newbies are frustrated with the sales here and come to the forums to let off steam. But to me, that means they care. If they didnt, they would just leave.

I don't see that removing the comparison page is going to stop people comparing eBid and Feebay. I seriously doubt that more than 5% of newbies will have even noticed that it exists. People already know about Feebay and, for the majority of them, it is their only exposure to an online bidding site, so that is what they think all bidding sites should be like. Naturally they will point out the differences between what they are expecting and what they experience.

I voted, but I have learned that polls don't really accomplish anything. If the ebid owners do not want it, nothing will be done. No matter how great the percentage is in favor of the suggestion represented by the poll.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    I don't see that removing the comparison page is going to stop people comparing eBid and Feebay. I seriously doubt that more than 5% of newbies will have even noticed that it exists. People already know about Feebay and, for the majority of them, it is their only exposure to an online bidding site, so that is what they think all bidding sites should be like. Naturally they will point out the differences between what they are expecting and what they experience.
    You may be right that it may not stop the comparisons but I have to disagree that only 5% newbies know it exists. There has been a lot of reference to it in the forums.
    Personally I do not see an issue with eBid wanting to spell out the differences between itself and eBay but for some reason the perception folks are getting out of it are far different then what it states. Almost as if they feel eBid is painting a prettier picture then reality. So if it is causing this type of feeling I say remove it.

... I have to disagree that only 5% newbies know it exists. There has been a lot of reference to it in the forums.
    Really? Which threads are these, please?

Thread Information