Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I purchased something but the seller is not responding

Angry I purchased something but the seller is not responding

I REQUESTED TO KNOW WHEN THE SELLER WOULD SHIP SOMETHING BUT THERE IS NO REPLY AND I AM NERVOUS.
    I have emailed him and sent a message on here, and no answer. How do I know if it will be sent out. I am new here.

Meagan

Forum Lurker
    View daysailer55's Feedback (+251)
    All-About daysailer55
    View daysailer55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I purchased something but the seller is not responding

How long has it been since the item was purchased and payment cleared? If it's less than 48 hours I'd give a bit more time. This past weekend was a holiday weekend too - no mail on Monday. The seller should state in their 'All About Me' page their shipping time frames. Some sellers ship weekly others daily.

If the buyer uses PayPal I send a shipping notice when I print out the shipping label. I also enter the information into the AAAL eBid messaging system. It automatically sends a notice that the item has been shipped. I enter the USPS Delivery Confirmation Number into the system too.

eBid essentially works the same as eBay or any other auction site.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with the above re: holidays and the long weekend, also some sellers also aren't on site as often as they should be - you can go to the store, if the seller has one, and click on About This Store to find out when the seller was last on site.

I'd hold off on paying til contact is made, though it likely won't be too long. If you don't hear anything within a reasonable period, you can always contact support: support@ebid.net to find out what's up with the seller, though it probably won't come to this, likely you'll hear back from your seller soon; IME most sellers are honest and dependable folks, though some may be busier than others.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    I'd hold off on paying til contact is made, though it likely won't be too long. If you don't hear anything within a reasonable period, you can always contact support: support@ebid.net to find out what's up with the seller, though it probably won't come to this, likely you'll hear back from your seller soon; IME most sellers are honest and dependable folks, though some may be busier than others.
    how long would you class as a reasonable time period, i won an item from a new seller and heard nothing, i have requested invoice and sent a message about the item

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyandlarasmum View Post
    how long would you class as a reasonable time period, i won an item from a new seller and heard nothing, i have requested invoice and sent a message about the item
    That's a personal call, but I usually give a week, (with holidays, weekends and the fact that some sellers only check in/mail once a week), if no contact or response within a week, then I'd contact support: support@ebid.net to report and Paypal to file a claim. That's just me though.

Good luck and best wishes for many sales to all,

Usually, a seller gets 2 Business days to ship the item and Usps from Califoria to New york takes 7-10 business days, so if you don't receive the item within 12 Business days, then there is a problem. Do you know the persons location?

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

marovine.......is that some US law that the seller gets 2 business days to ship? My understanding is that the seller can set the shipping time to whatever he wants, preferably advertising it. There is no time limit in the UK that I am aware of...................
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

here in the states Business's are expected to ship an item within 2 business days. Most like myself prefer to ship within 24 hours.Not a law, proper business ediquet.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm from the states, and as far as expectations go, I believe the business gets to choose the shipping time. You can state what your expectations and shipping policies are, but it's probably better if you don't state what is not proveable. 'Business's are expected to ship......' Expected by whom? How do you know this? 'Most like myself prefer to ship within 24 hours.' So you have done a scientific survey of most businesses? And while I agree that it may be good business etiquette to mail within two days, I'm not sure who is deciding it is proper besides you. As long as there is good communication between buyer and seller, and buyer and seller know what to expect from each other and they live up to it, I believe it is good business.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Cool Re: I purchased something but the seller is not responding

I have been in this business for over 25 years and selling online for 6 .I have run shipping departments for several companies and 2 days seams to be a standard. Yes, you can set the shipping stander to what you are capable of, but in my experience 24 hours is better for an online business and anything over 2 days would create a bitter taste in customers, which is not good for a return base.

Just speaking from experience

Thread Information