All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: None of my items are showing on Google Shopping any more

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    I was up to 690 showing this morning

then 617

now 91
    Sounds like Google shopping is really screwed up big time.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    My experience is that very few UK shoppers using Google Shopping anyway. I've done nothing to adjust to the latest changes because it seems like a waste of time and energy to me. More people use the normal Google search in my opinion, which should be unchanged.
    Well Kim, your post makes me feel better. I'm hoping you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    My experience is that very few UK shoppers using Google Shopping anyway. I've done nothing to adjust to the latest changes because it seems like a waste of time and energy to me. More people use the normal Google search in my opinion, which should be unchanged.
    For some items perhaps. If I was searching rare records, Google Shopping would be necessary to avoid pages where records were not for sale (it would be a lengthy trawl otherwise). I certainly use Google Shopping, so Ebid sellers would be losing out from me at the very least.

I have noticed a big drop in page views over the past month, and needless to say, no buyers:-)

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Another tu'penny worth - Google does not like capitals - you get different results if you type your search in capitals.

More worrying news!

I tried a few ordinary google searches for the items I have on sale, since none appear in Google Shopping. I discovered that a large number of searches resulted in only old links to ended items (not the relisted ones).

Consequently, the only way I am now likely to make sales is from someone logging onto Ebid and searching. By that logic, I might make a sale again in 2020.

Its going to take a while to settle down with the new settings, until they wade their through store exemptions, which will no doubt take months, thing swill be all over the place. As for people not using google shopping, i have to disagree with that I would say 90% of my new customers come direct from the shopping on google. These past 8 weeks from when they stopped submitting I had not sold a thing. My feed went live again 2 days ago and have had 3 sales since then. People seem to associate it with a trusted seller and seem mor likely to buy. I have my Ebid shop at top ranking for what I sell and also my own site, but people prefer to use the shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by litttleme1969 View Post
    Its going to take a while to settle down with the new settings, until they wade their through store exemptions, which will no doubt take months, thing swill be all over the place. As for people not using google shopping, i have to disagree with that I would say 90% of my new customers come direct from the shopping on google. These past 8 weeks from when they stopped submitting I had not sold a thing. My feed went live again 2 days ago and have had 3 sales since then. People seem to associate it with a trusted seller and seem mor likely to buy. I have my Ebid shop at top ranking for what I sell and also my own site, but people prefer to use the shopping.
    Yes, I have to agree strongly about Google Shopping being the main road in for Ebid sales. I have seen a definite drop since my items ceased to be listed with on it.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by litttleme1969 View Post
    Very interesting, thanks. My "evidence" isn't anything of the sort, it's purely anecdotal based on just chatting to friends, and drawing my own conclusions from what's happening in front of me; always happy to see alternative views. I might have to do some actual *research* (oh, the horror, the horror!)

View TOPticl's Feedback (+1938)
    All-About TOPticl
    View TOPticl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just checked this morning and all my items are now on Google Shopping - so thanks to Gazza for his tweaks.
    The only slightly worrying note is that I still have a numeric gsid - not "exempt" on my personal page (don't have any shops).
    But now I can email all my customers and remind them to use Google shopping as well - maybe now I will get some sales
    (don't know if it is co-incidence - but just had 3 bids after months of nothing!!)

Thread Information