Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Featured Listings?

View lakeleilani's Feedback (+434)
    All-About lakeleilani
    View lakeleilani's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Featured Listings?

I'm sure I read somewhere that Featured listings go on for 60 days before they then become Gallery listings. But I've also read on these forums that they are only Featured for 30 days before ending/automatically re-listing as Featured depending on what time level you've opted for. I don't know which situation is correct. I have listed my Featured items as Run Until Sold, and I don't expect them to suddenly end after 60 days (or is it 30?). Can someone please clarify the situation, as I am a little confused now.

Default Re: Featured Listings?

Welcome! This is what I found in the FAQ's.

23) What is a "Featured Listing"?

Featured Listings are shown at the top of your allocated category and subcategory pages, in their own section above all the Free and Gallery auctions. They include a thumbnail in the search result and category listing pages. If you opt for "On First Bid" or "Run Until Sold" the auction will remain as a featured for 60 days before becoming being changed to a Standard Listing (SELLER), Gallery Listing (SELLER+ with photo) or Free Listing (SELLER+ no photo).

Hope it helps.

All-About lakeleilani
    Forum Posts

Thanks. I must have read that on FAQ but got confused by advice given to other posters about how to set up their Featured auctions to get the maximum value for their fee. There must be a different rule for Run Until Sold listings, but I wasn't sure, so thanks for the advice.

You are welcome!

I know the standard advice includes to not use run until sold for you listings, so that could be why there was some confusion. I think to get the most bang for your buck (or should I say pound) on the featured listing, if it's a BuyNow, would be to run it for 60 days.

No doubt a more seasoned eBidder will come along with more advice.

All-About lakeleilani
    Forum Posts

My Featured listings are all Run Until Sold and Buy Now. I'm presuming, then, that the fee I've paid will allow them Featured status for 60 days, after which they will automatically carry on as Gallery listings (as I'm Seller+) until they are sold, or until I end the listing. Is this correct?

That is the way I read it. If you really want to be sure check with support. You can email them at support@eBid.net.

Thread Information