Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: None of my items are showing on Google Shopping any more

Forum Newbie
    View mjocovers's Feedback (+10054)
    All-About mjocovers
    View mjocovers's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: None of my items are showing on Google Shopping any more

I'm sure this info must be somewhere in the various threads, but please can someone tell me

- what to do about media items that don't have barcodes (books, magazines, cds, etc) How do I list them (what, if anything, do I put in the barcode etc fields)

- can I make reference to postage discounts, and links to my ebid stores, in the item descriptions or would doing so stop items being listed on google?

- regarding mixed stores. Is it or is it not possible to get exemption for mixed stores (that have items with and without barcodes). Some posts say it is, and some posts say it isn't. What's the situation?.

Also if a store gets examption because the stock doesn't have barcodes,would it be possible at a later date to start adding barcoded items to the same store or would that cause problems?

I don't have anything currently listed, and don't want to start listing hundreds of items only to find out I've done it incorrectly.

Thanks
    Last edited by mjocovers; 3rd November 2011 at 06:59 PM.

Red face Re: None of my items are showing on Google Shopping any more

Quote Originally Posted by mjocovers View Post
    I'm sure this info must be somewhere in the various threads, but please can someone tell me

- what to do about media items that don't have barcodes (books, magazines, cds, etc) How do I list them (what, if anything, do I put in the barcode etc fields)

- can I make reference to postage discounts, and links to my ebid stores, in the item descriptions or would doing so stop items being listed on google?

- regarding mixed stores. Is it or is it not possible to get exemption for mixed stores (that have items with and without barcodes). Some posts say it is, and some posts say it isn't. What's the situation?.

Also if a store gets examption because the stock doesn't have barcodes,would it be possible at a later date to start adding barcoded items to the same store or would that cause problems?

I don't have anything currently listed, and don't want to start listing hundreds of items only to find out I've done it incorrectly.

Thanks
    From what I've read:

- if you have books, media, etc. with & without barcodes you must split them into separate stores

- yes, you can those things

- don't think so

You might want to email ebid support directly to make sure you are getting the proper instructions before you decide to list hundreds of items. Just click help at top of any page, then contact us tab.

Welcome to ebid.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

There needs to be something to enter in lieu of ISBNs for those books (pre 1970, private issue, etc) that do not have them to let the software know they are OK to upload. Other sites do have antiquerian books on GS.
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Forum Newbie
    All-About mjocovers
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    From what I've read:

- if you have books, media, etc. with & without barcodes you must split them into separate stores

Yes, I read that as well, but I also read comments from people who had applied for exemption for mixed stores and got it.

I am thoroughly confused!!!

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    There needs to be something to enter in lieu of ISBNs for those books (pre 1970, private issue, etc) that do not have them to let the software know they are OK to upload. Other sites do have antiquerian books on GS.
    Found this on this website: http://www.google.com/support/mercha...?answer=160161

1. I sell books that are either too old or rare to have ISBNs. What should I do?
      We understand that many important books don't have ISBNs. If this is the case for your items, don't worry, we'll do our best with the information you've given us already.

Forum Newbie
    All-About mjocovers
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    But what?.

Same applies to legitimate cds and magazines without barcodes. If they have been succesfully listed, how is it done correctly?

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Found this on this website: http://www.google.com/support/mercha...?answer=160161

1. I sell books that are either too old or rare to have ISBNs. What should I do?
      We understand that many important books don't have ISBNs. If this is the case for your items, don't worry, we'll do our best with the information you've given us already.

That's all well and fine, but eBid won't give them to google to do their best
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Quote Originally Posted by mjocovers View Post
    Yes, I read that as well, but I also read comments from people who had applied for exemption for mixed stores and got it.

I am thoroughly confused!!!
    I think it was in this thread http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...xemption+gazza that Gazza stated you must split stores [post #10].

Forum Newbie
    All-About mjocovers
    Forum Posts

I think it was in this thread http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...xemption+gazza that Gazza stated you must split stores [post #10].
    Yes Iknow, but I also read this

Quote Originally Posted by daysailer55 View Post
    I applied for exemption for three stores with mixed barcoded and non-barcoded items at the end of September. One store was granted exemption within three days. The other two took about two weeks. I did not receive any notification that exemption had been granted - the exemption date notification just started showing for the store..

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1963)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Google shopping might be a little bit broken at the moment.

I did a search and I put in, accidentally in capitals, Bulgaria 1979 FDC, and was gobsmacked when the only item that came up was one of my own covers from Mongolia !!!! Google shopping had picked out 1979 and FDC. When I searched for it in lower case, nothing came up. I cannot believe that I am the only one in the whole of Google shopping to be listing 1979 FDCs!

Thread Information