Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: cant have phone numbers in listings?

Forum Newbie
    All-About MorgansFishing
    View MorgansFishing's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default cant have phone numbers in listings?

i uploaded 122 listings from ebay, only 82 managed to get on here, the others cant go on becuase of some postage thing (they are listed as 48 hour courier on ebay with no problems) but wont go on here, now iv had a listing pulled because apparantely they cant contain a phone number, all my other listings have numbers, so no doubt they will all be pulled too, im not very happy with my experience so far, so il save ebid the opportunity of removing my listings and il take them off myself!!! bye

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: cant have phone numbers in listings?

Before listing (on any site) it is best to acquaint yourself with the posting rules: http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#29 . You agreed to abide by these posting rules, as part of the site's Terms and Conditions, when you joined eBid.

eBid does not permit sellers to display a telephone number because of the possibility for sellers to abuse the system and sell offsite. eBid is a business and although the fees are extremely low, they do like to get paid something for the effort they make.

If you have all your listings saved on your computer you should be able to do a global search and replace* to remove the incorrect information before uploading them to eBid.

* The method will vary depending on how you have the listings saved on your computer.

Check through the FAQs to avoid further problems or ask in the forums before re-listing. Folks here are a lot friendlier than in the Feebay forums and don't mind helping out the newbies.

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes absolutely, I agree with both of the above posts.

You know, no matter what site or venue you go to, you are going to run into glitches. It's just a matter of working through them.

Sometimes you just have to jump in and take each thing as it comes. There's pretty much nothing that can't be resolved if a person is willing to work at it. The only exception would be the breaking of rules and those are explained up front.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Forum Newbie
    All-About MorgansFishing
    View MorgansFishing's Listings
    Forum Posts

oh ues i understand that, so i need to take my phone numbers out, i can imagine it being very time consuming if you have 3000 or so listings to transfer here though

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MorgansFishing View Post
    oh ues i understand that, so i need to take my phone numbers out, i can imagine it being very time consuming if you have 3000 or so listings to transfer here though
    I do believe its against ebay rules to actually display your phone number in your description on any listings so you have been very lucky over on ebay that your 122 listings you haveon the bay have not been pulled on there aswell. All it needed was from a selling competitor to hit that report button and you would have been in the pooh.

As you know the only exception being for business sellers who by law must reveal all contact details in the business seller details section just beneath the description in their listing but not actually IN the description.

TBH you know the reason for that ruling... people can ring you up and buy direct rather than you paying ebay fees. I , as much as you, dislike the high ebay fees but you can see their point...you use their site and would be taking money from them.

Sure all contact details are in the seller details section but very very few people read that bit anyway.

Good luck with your sales over here... may be somewhat slower than over on the bay though.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can use the bulk edit tool to remove the numbers, that should help with the time aspect.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information