Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eBid Question Poll

Question eBid Question Poll

Last week I started a thread called "Ideas for promoting eBid" http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...Bid&highlight= and one of the suggestions was a Facebook Poll asking simply "Has anyone heard of eBid.net"? The whole idea was to gauge peoples awareness of the site and plug it at the same time.

I started a poll on Facebook, Vizu and advertised both on Twitter. The results are fairly disappointing for mine. 2 votes for no on both polls. Of course this is probably down to the fact that I'm new on the social networking sites as I avoided them like the plague until recently.

Did anyone else do a similar poll and what are your results so far?

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Question Poll

Quote Originally Posted by lodegrundrunner View Post
    Last week I started a thread called "Ideas for promoting eBid" http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...Bid&highlight= and one of the suggestions was a Facebook Poll asking simply "Has anyone heard of eBid.net"? The whole idea was to gauge peoples awareness of the site and plug it at the same time.

I started a poll on Facebook, Vizu and advertised both on Twitter. The results are fairly disappointing for mine. 2 votes for no on both polls. Of course this is probably down to the fact that I'm new on the social networking sites as I avoided them like the plague until recently.

Did anyone else do a similar poll and what are your results so far?
    Well i use Facebook and wouldnt know how to set up a poll and your results could be dependent on the number of freinds/followers you have. I have over 800 on FB and even when i promote my ebid items on there or twitter it makes little or no difference to the views YET do the same for the same items i have listed on scambay and the view count rockets .
    I really dont know what the answer is other than that people just think its another 'ho hum' selling site as its got no self promotion.

If you want an add me on FB or twitter I am Hells-Grandma on facebook and HellsGrandma on twitter.

To set up a poll on FB, click the Home button top right. Ask a question is top centre. Just follow the instructions and set the answer fields to whatever you want. Set privacy to public or friends it's up to you. It's simple to do.

There's only so much we can do as sellers to promote eBid but word of mouth can never be underestimated. #bay started out that way and rocketed to the top. Mind you there was a niche market for it.

Since I only started on FB I have very few friends added so far so I kinda expected the Poll to get nowhere but other people expressed an interest in starting one so I thought I'd ask. Will add you to both sites in a minute.

Join eBid.net today here

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

A large proportion of my FB friends are on my list *because* they're eBid chums - I'd be preaching to the converted, and my results would be unrealistically skewed. And since I bang on about eBid a lot anyway, those other chums would certainly tick "know about it". If I had a "[expletive] well should do given how much you talk about it!" box they could tick that too.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    A large proportion of my FB friends are on my list *because* they're eBid chums - I'd be preaching to the converted, and my results would be unrealistically skewed. And since I bang on about eBid a lot anyway, those other chums would certainly tick "know about it". If I had a "[expletive] well should do given how much you talk about it!" box they could tick that too.
    Lol, I know that feeling. eBid is completely unknown in Ireland so I may get a few people to try it out at least. I'm fairly confident that it is unknown because I ask anyone I talk to for more than 2 minutes. I would like to change that!

Join eBid.net today here

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

I certainly agree , advertising is needed , but it should be the aim if the site to get known a bit / lot better...yes there are thousands of members and 1 plug from each would mean a lot of advertising....but it must still be up to eBid to advertise....but as far as I know they go no do it...........papa.

Forum Lurker
    View Triumph7's Feedback (+15)
    All-About Triumph7
    View Triumph7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    I certainly agree , advertising is needed , but it should be the aim if the site to get known a bit / lot better...yes there are thousands of members and 1 plug from each would mean a lot of advertising....but it must still be up to eBid to advertise....but as far as I know they go no do it...........papa.
    I've even suggested in the past that each ebid member donate £1-£5 to ebid so they can do a bit of national advertising, but everybody virtually laughed at the idea. It could have been the best few pounds that any of you had ever spent. Still never mind eh! Everybody can carry on moaning and groaning for the next ten years. This site will never take off until an advertising campaign is launched. " IT'S NOW OR NEVER"

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph7 View Post
    I've even suggested in the past that each ebid member donate £1-£5 to ebid so they can do a bit of national advertising, but everybody virtually laughed at the idea. It could have been the best few pounds that any of you had ever spent. Still never mind eh! Everybody can carry on moaning and groaning for the next ten years. This site will never take off until an advertising campaign is launched. " IT'S NOW OR NEVER"
    On a pound a head? Trust me, I'm laughing. Sorry, but that's peanuts.

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would be willing to pay a fee.. lets be honest ebay are always getting mentioned in the press. Be it positive or negative , any press seems to be an answer. Having said this , I know virtually nothing about how much it would cost and for this reason alone I believe Ebid do all they can , given to amount of users

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

That should have read ' the users'

Thread Information