My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Five million before Christmas?

Default Re: Five million before Christmas?

I have approx another 7,500 i could list - just cant justify the time to do them unfortunately.
    Would have been easier if they hadnt vanished from my unsold folder a few months back,

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lodegrundrunner View Post
    I meant to ask you about the reduced visibility as you had mentioned it before. How do you know you were reduced? Just curious....
    Because I had an item that was not visible and i rang ebay to complain ..the guy siad give me the title and number and i will search.. he searched and admitted that it was not acutaully visible , said he would pass the info to the technical dept and they would get back to me , of course they didnt but a day later it did reappear on searches and when other people ring up they get told about the active and passive server and how groups/areas are being swung like a pendulum so you are only visible to certain areas at certain times and at others are on the totally passive server.. in short they are pushed to overload.

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGrandma View Post
    Because I had an item that was not visible and i rang ebay to complain ..the guy siad give me the title and number and i will search.. he searched and admitted that it was not acutaully visible , said he would pass the info to the technical dept and they would get back to me , of course they didnt but a day later it did reappear on searches and when other people ring up they get told about the active and passive server and how groups/areas are being swung like a pendulum so you are only visible to certain areas at certain times and at others are on the totally passive server.. in short they are pushed to overload.
    Hmmm, very interesting. If they can't handle the traffic then they will have to upgrade all their server side technology or else people will leave in droves. Good news for eBid I would think.

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lodegrundrunner View Post
    Hmmm, very interesting. If they can't handle the traffic then they will have to upgrade all their server side technology or else people will leave in droves. Good news for eBid I would think.
    Think you will find they DID upgrade thier servers and it still isnt good enough , plus they have just taken on the big boys and the site is flooded with Hong Kong listings and other places.. ebay have openly admitted they are funneling buyers to where they want them to be and towards what ebay wants them to look at... money talks and i guess the big outlets and overseas businesses are laying down the law about how much traffic they want to be viable on ebay... thats just how business works.
    The small sellers are disposible.. ten a penny as they say, because for every one that leaves there are newbies joining full of enthusiam and stuff to list ..so why would they care about the ones leaving.Leavers with bad ratings and loads of negs just find somewhere else to sell the smart ones change their names to hide their shoddy habits.. the dumb ones dont ~shrugs~

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Am pleased to say have tried to do my bit & listed 12 items this morning, have some more to get ready to go on.

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can work faster now due to trying Goggle Chrome for the first time LOL. Listed more this last week than the whole of last month. I am aiming to get up to 1000 if I can although I am not exactly what you would call a big seller. I am trying (very I hear you say Name:  happy0129.gif
Views: 74
Size:  890 Bytes

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LesliesDaughter View Post
    I can work faster now due to trying Goggle Chrome for the first time LOL. Listed more this last week than the whole of last month. I am aiming to get up to 1000 if I can although I am not exactly what you would call a big seller. I am trying (very I hear you say Name:  happy0129.gif
Views: 74
Size:  890 Bytes
    As my late grandfather used to say: Every little bit helps said the old lady when she spit in the sea.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by LesliesDaughter View Post
    I can work faster now due to trying Goggle Chrome for the first time LOL. ]
    Chrome is definitely the fastest browser. Was a long time Firefox user but had to leave it as it was getting too slow. Chrome has its issues like any browser but I ain't looking back.

6 more listings up in the last 30 mins, quick what's our total now...

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I will list as many as I can as I am in the army now and I am afraid.
    Congrats on joining up, it's a big responsibility and you'd be crazy not to be a little afraid; personally I'd be far too afraid to even consider such a step nowadays, though I greatly admire your dedication and verve.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information