Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The power of social networking

Cool The power of social networking

I've been using Facebook and Twitter recently to promote eBid and my own stuff and I thought that people weren't getting the message. I was wrong. I just tweeted one of my Bay listings and got 22 hits within a minute. I did the same for one of my eBid listings and got 7 hits almost instantly. (They must have seen right through me at this stage) It just goes to show that people do read these things. I must keep doing it. Although most will just look out of curiosity, some may stay and buy. I wonder how many people followed my Tweets to the eBid site and joined up?????

My suggestion to all; If you are a seller and don't already use Facebook and Twitter to advertise eBid and yourselves then you are missing out on some free advertising and possible sales.

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The power of social networking

Quote Originally Posted by lodegrundrunner View Post
    I've been using Facebook and Twitter recently to promote eBid and my own stuff and I thought that people weren't getting the message. I was wrong. I just tweeted one of my Bay listings and got 22 hits within a minute. I did the same for one of my eBid listings and got 7 hits almost instantly. (They must have seen right through me at this stage) It just goes to show that people do read these things. I must keep doing it. Although most will just look out of curiosity, some may stay and buy. I wonder how many people followed my Tweets to the eBid site and joined up?????

My suggestion to all; If you are a seller and don't already use Facebook and Twitter to advertise eBid and yourselves then you are missing out on some free advertising and possible sales.
    As you already know I am a very prolific tweeter and FBer .. but i do sometimes wonder at the speed the views goes up on an ebay item when its tweeted... i never got any extra views for on here when i tweeted my items.. but hey ho thats life.

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGrandma View Post
    As you already know I am a very prolific tweeter and FBer .. but i do sometimes wonder at the speed the views goes up on an ebay item when its tweeted... i never got any extra views for on here when i tweeted my items.. but hey ho thats life.
    Yes I do Jan lol. Well I think that eBid's hit counters have a mind of their own as they go up and down periodically.

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

you have terrific feedback imported from ebay

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGrandma View Post
    Well…grandma’’…maybe you’re ‘’invincible’’…who knows….good luck on your views and for sales….good luck too…keep good spirit….’’hope’’ always die last…....

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is one of the groups on facebook devoted to promoting ebid

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6557656454/
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Lurker
    All-About HellsGrandma
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well…grandma’’…maybe you’re ‘’invincible’’…who knows….good luck on your views and for sales….good luck too…keep good spirit….’’hope’’ always die last…....
    I am not invincible, no one is, to use an old advert saying.. 'Im only here for the beer' in the cellar that is

Forum Lurker
    All-About HellsGrandma
    Forum Posts

There is a downside to using social media and that is that people get used to being spoon fed.

They love it when you post direct links to items for them to look at but they rarely venture further to view all items available.. yes ive done little experiments on that using page counters and buttons.

Best way i found was to spoon feed them for a while then put then put the spoon away.... just give a directional link and snippets of info about the specific item, they HAVE to go look for it themselves.

You do need masses of followers / friends on social media sites to make it fully viable though. This may sound a bit bad but hey its business ..I just add anyone, dont care who they are, man woman, other business, send a friend request and confirm when they accept, same goes for my shop selling page on FB.

I know it hasnt been done yet but for the ebid group have you tried posting on a group on FB called like for like ??

You post your link to the fb page and people will use the like button if there is one on the specific page and you return the favour ...

OR there are a few groups i use called self employed and self employed and loving it where you can give your own stores a plug or even ebid as a whole

OR Buy,sell,moan ,,,I WILL NOT STOP YOU FROM ADVERTISING !!!!!!!!! that group will let you advertise yourself or even put your own group link on it.

There are hundreds of pages and groups on ebid that will enable anyone to promote themself dont just restrict yourselves to 'in group' posting .

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think those words "don't restrict yourselves" are excellent advice, Hellsgrandma. It is all a question of effort. You can't get out what you don't put in.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

I read this thread about an hour ago and decided to tweet several of my items, Ive just this minute logged back in and one of my tweeted items has sold to a new user.

I must tweet more often

Thread Information