eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst Album Ever???

Default Re: Worst Album Ever???

Quote Originally Posted by prefab.sprout.uk View Post
    "Philosophy of the World" by The Shaggs would certainly be in the top 10.
    New thread or not, I'd vote for that as my pick for the worst. They were completely untalented and untrained, but absolutely serious. It is such a painful, yet hilarious, listen. The backstory is almost as bizarre: their dad believed that a prophecy had anointed them as the next rock superstars, so he forced the girls into performing, while he backed recording and continued the vexed task of promoting the band until his death.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Why revive a thread which is almost nine years old. Perhaps all thread should become read-only if there are no new posts for two years.

I so agree with this. Good for the suggestion forum, Tony?

Hello Tony - I'm going to respond to you - purely because it gives me a chance to have a similar gripe!

I saw the post on this really old thread, as every day I check the latest posts on forums to see whats happening. I actually have the Faust album the guy was talking about and I did not bother to read the date it was posted - then when I saw your post... I totally agree it should not really be here!

I've just returned to ebid and am keen to see it do better - so I've been looking all over at things that could be better, things that are better (Customer Service -BRILLIANT) but now to my gripe!...

I am fed up with those 'Comments from ebidders' at the bottom of the page that are SO OUT OF DATE - they are older than this topic! So dare it be disputed that I'm out of order.

It really is time that they were replaced by newer comments from newer members - not members who have clearly packed up and gone years ago!

Anyway thats my first gripe of the day THANKS.
    Last edited by goldenwonders; 6th May 2021 at 09:03 AM.

View Inknook's Feedback (+10)
    All-About Inknook
    View Inknook's Listings
    Forum Posts

@rocks2dust Darn it, you've made me want to look this up!!

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Why revive a thread which is almost nine years old. Perhaps all thread should become read-only if there are no new posts for two years.
    If this is a problem then apologies. Personally I don't have a problem with it and, being new myself to the ebid/forums, I was just adding my 2 pence worth thinking it might still be interesting to chat about and creating some activity on an otherwise quiet board.

View Inknook's Feedback (+10)
    All-About Inknook
    View Inknook's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi I found it interesting! and thanks to rocks2dust I lost 20 minutes that I'll never get back again. Bizarre is a pretty acurate description

Thread Information