eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: christmas is coming (stress)

Forum Newbie
    All-About Palmer3904
    View Palmer3904's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool christmas is coming (stress)

well as you all are aware, christmas is just around the corner and i hope everyone has done there cmas shopping. take it from me doing it at the last minute is a real stressing time. starting from now the shops are getting very busy, most people leave it till last minute to do there shopping.
    the parking-the queing-the waiting-spending-sitting on full busses-walking around thinking what to buy.
    well i can say with pleasure i am done. all presents are wraped and the cards ready to post.
    that means i can spend more time doing what i like. well almost. haha. so i hope that if we get snow this year the airports dont close and the gritters are out in force the grit the roads.
    oh and dont forget the turkey, as i am a chef every year turkey turkey turkey, cooking turkey every day. but some one has to do it.
    so take care driving- and be stress free.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: christmas is coming (stress)

I have managed to print off the address labels for the Christmas cards - and found the new cards that I packed 3-4 weeks ago before moving; so that's a start.

I work at Tesco, and the panic is beginning to set in on the customer side ............. and it can only get worse

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

while I hope everyone has a nice , merry or what ever it is Christmas...mine will be stress free....I gave it up for Lent ...but I cannot remember which Lent ??........bah Humbug comes to mind ....but hope everone has a great time............... papa.

I will have a stress free Christmas as well Papa as I just ignore it normally.

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

I absolutely love Christmas. I love setting a special table with an overload of sparkly things, candles, polished glasses, crackers, bowls of fruit and nuts interspersed with marons in gold paper, cards on the windowsill, the few pressies we get at our age under the tree, hopefully a really good film to watch sometime, wreath on the front door, a few twinkly lights on the twisted hazel in the front lawn. Doesn't need much money to make things look different to the rest of the year.

Like our friends across the pond celebrating ThanksGiving, it's a special time to be thankful for all we have, relax and enjoy!

xx

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm with you, Gill................I don't stress about it, I just enjoy the traditions and magic, color and lights in the darkest part of the year. Christmas carols, sharing peace and joy.........it's all good.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I love Christmas. Went out for my first works do last night, which was fun. I've got the outside greenery ordered for decorating for the festivities. But I just do as much as I want, at whatever pace I fancy, no stress - there's no need to get stressed, you've got all year to prepare if you need it!

I hate Christmas.

Makes me laugh when I hear people say ''are you all ready for Christmas''?

Nothing to be ready for - might as well ask ''are you all ready for just another Sunday or Monday'' or whatever. Or are you ready for when you have lots of folks coming round for dinner.

Just another day.

The bits and pieces I buy - I have already done so on line - wouldnt even think of going near shopping malls full of insane people running around like total nutters.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Love the decorating part myself, not so keen on the shopping/crowds part, but that's why God (and eBid) invented online shopping.

Oh and I just love Tuba Xmas; every December at the mall all the local tuba players gather and play holiday songs, it's quite an amazing thing to see and hear so many tubas in one place. My brother also plays the tuba, so he's usually somewhere among the tubaists.

Happy holidaze and best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

So far I have done absolutely nothing, I buy 6 cards, 6 presents and thats it , family all done and sorted

It really niggles me when I hear people going on about how much they spent on this that and the other. Christmas is a time to give a gift which is symbolic of the birth of Jesus , it is NOT an excuse to put oneself in debt for the next 12 months and beyond.

And YES i do love Christmas so the above was not a 'ha bumhug' 'ba humbug' comment merely common sense and logic.

Thread Information