eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: does your taste in music change ?

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default does your taste in music change ?

Morning folks , I have just sat and watched Andre Rieu in Dublin , waltzes and light clasical on the tele , and I have to admit , I thoroughly enjoyed it ,,,ok a lot of the songs / music is stuff we heard as kids and while growing up .. but it was always at the back of the mind , like it was there but you did not hear it....know what I mean ???.....well anyway , this was excellent....so Ijust wonder if your taste in music changes as you get a little older , or mature ?...me mature ? , no way ...but as I said . this was well worth watching , even if it was 8 tears old.......papa.

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: does your taste in music change ?

Not really, I still listen to rock music, punk rock, oi music all sorts really & sometimes when in the car driving I listen to classical on the radio, mind you a bit of green grass is nice too gets me giggling (the music not the drugs)

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think it changes but just gets broader. My first love is the rock n roll music of the early 60's but over the years have found enjoyment in various other types, classical, military bands, c&w, I have even got some of todays top hits on my iPod.

In the next year I will be going to my first opera, not sure if I will enjoy it but certainly willing to give it a try. Something I wouldn't have dreamed of doing in my younger days.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Saint
    All-About papagran40
    Forum Posts

yes Tony , I always have liked C&W , even tho the singers are not as good now , and yes my taste does seem to have broadened ??? ( is that a word ),,and yes , still like the stuff from the late 50's and 60;s.....do not think I would try the opera though....hope you enjoy it............... papa.

I love disco and pop when I was younger but also have always loved Strauss and like a good opera but not grand opera

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    Morning folks , I have just sat and watched Andre Rieu in Dublin , waltzes and light clasical on the tele , and I have to admit , I thoroughly enjoyed it ,,,ok a lot of the songs / music is stuff we heard as kids and while growing up .. but it was always at the back of the mind , like it was there but you did not hear it....know what I mean ???.....well anyway , this was excellent....so Ijust wonder if your taste in music changes as you get a little older , or mature ?...me mature ? , no way ...but as I said . this was well worth watching , even if it was 8 tears old.......papa.
    Andre Rieu is very entertaining. My mum has lots of his DVDs and we regularly sit together to enjoy them.

Forum Saint
    All-About papagran40
    Forum Posts

after today , I can understand that Moonie...we did enjoy it ............ papa.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    I don't think it changes but just gets broader. My first love is the rock n roll music of the early 60's but over the years have found enjoyment in various other types, classical, military bands, c&w, I have even got some of todays top hits on my iPod.

In the next year I will be going to my first opera, not sure if I will enjoy it but certainly willing to give it a try. Something I wouldn't have dreamed of doing in my younger days.
    Couldn't agree more. I've always liked jazz and classic rock/pop music, lately have been listening to more classical tunes as well; although classically trained as musician, I never had much use for the stuff when younger, though lately I'm really enjoying my Mozart.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

My tastes have changed. I'm in my gothic phase now, going to paint my room black any minute now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73d3i1nJ-4k
    I remember everything, even what happened tomorrow.

games4mac ~ DragonsRest ~ DragonsRest Lounge ~ Windfall

Meet my avatar: Qu the engineer and enchanter. Who else could invent the armour piercing rabbit (can dig holes through anything) and the duck gun (fires rubber ducks)?
    Join me on eBid here.

God bless eBid and all who sale in her!

Forum Diehard
    View JimmyCee's Feedback (+85)
    All-About JimmyCee
    View JimmyCee's Listings
    Forum Posts

In the 50s I loved rock n roll, many of those songs then would now be classified as country music.
    About 10 years ago I fell in love with bluegrass, although I still enjoy bluegrass I have moved on to old time Appalachian mountain music, along with civil war tunes.
    Many of the songs my wife and I play have come from across the sea, tunes that are quite old and carried over with people who have moved here to the U.S. .
    They are very meaningful as each song tells a tale.
    I play a banjo, wife plays a dulcimer (an instrument originated in the mountains of Appalachia)
    We love the music and will continue to do so...
    If the guys I grew up with would see me playing a banjo they would go wild, as then I loved the saxophone.
    Life is wonderful and full of changes...

Thread Information