eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should the police have the power to use live bullets on rioters?

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Should the police have the power to use live bullets on rioters?

Shoot to kill can only be sanctioned where there is a threat to innocent life!
    IMHO

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

put it tis way
    wud u be willing to just stand theer while dikheads throw god knows wat at u

they mite think twice if the police cud retaliate
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT73 View Post
    put it tis way
    wud u be willing to just stand theer while dikheads throw god knows wat at u

they mite think twice if the police cud retaliate
    Good point. I don't believe in violence, but I do believe very strongly in self defense.

Happy holidaze and Happy New Year to all,

Forum Lurker
    View Vinylization's Feedback (+277)
    All-About Vinylization
    View Vinylization's Listings
    Forum Posts

Live rounds!! God help us all.
    Incapacitate by all means, but kill?
    I honestly don't know where all this will end?
    Bloodbath perhaps???

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Level headed balance is needed in situations of protests, riots, or lawlessness. If too much leeway is given for use of deadly force then abuses can happen. If people feel that abusive force was used it could spark uncontrollable violence.

On the other hand, I do not like seeing law enforcement prevented from doing their job, which is to maintain law and order. If an officer's life or safety is at risk, they have every right to defend themselves. They need the support of their superiors and the community as they fulfill the role they were entrusted to do.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31482)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do not think that an individual should have to the right to decide in a moment whether to fire live rounds.
    No individual should have to carry that level of responsibility for their actions.
    Water cannon and tazer are more satisfactory because a policeman who makes a mistake does not face homicide charges
    Firing at an amorphous crowd is worse in my view than targetting an individual who presents a risk of loss of life to others.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    I do not think that an individual should have to the right to decide in a moment whether to fire live rounds.
    No individual should have to carry that level of responsibility for their actions.
    Water cannon and tazer are more satisfactory because a policeman who makes a mistake does not face homicide charges
    Firing at an amorphous crowd is worse in my view than targetting an individual who presents a risk of loss of life to others.
    Where there is a clear threat to innocent life from a clearly identifiable individual; then that individual should be targeted,warned and shot if necessary. (IMHO)

Firing into groups or crowds would be a criminal act as far as I am concerned.

Forum Lurker
    View Vinylization's Feedback (+277)
    All-About Vinylization
    View Vinylization's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    Where there is a clear threat to innocent life from a clearly identifiable individual; then that individual should be targeted,warned and shot if necessary. (IMHO)

Firing into groups or crowds would be a criminal act as far as I am concerned.
    I don't think anyone has a problem with that Pink.
    It's your second point that I agree with as well. I hope this never happens but we all have to worry.

Forum Newbie
    All-About rmaitland
    View rmaitland's Listings
    Forum Posts

We must be seen to take defensive action to protect our Police, citizens and property. But how far should we go?

Each occurance has to be dealt with rather quickly and decisively, and being judged responsibly on its own severity by the powers that be.

Having these proposed threats, that have been mentioned, will hopefully deter rioters from starting in the first place.

I am in my 70s now, and have witnessed in my lifetime, that respect has disappeared out of the window on Law and Order

Who do you blame? Some say the parents, but they are only a rung in the ladder of life, allbeit a very important one.

regards

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+90)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just so everyone is clear

Live rounds are "rubber bullets" fired from a casings that contains explosive, its just the uk media trying to make it a bigger story than it is.

Yes to water cannon and yes to pepper spray

and in extreme circumstances (life or death) yes to the taser gun and "live rubber rounds "

job done
    Last edited by jimbo750; 21st December 2011 at 12:17 PM.

Thread Information