Thread: eBay Seller Association and eBid

Forum Newbie
    View netihealth's Feedback (+5)
    All-About netihealth
    View netihealth's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBay Seller Association and eBid

Hi all,

As a "new kid on the block" here I'm amazed how different and more enjoyable selling on eBid is compared to eBay. Not only is the website a joy to use, but the entire community and attitude of the staff and people behind eBid make it a place you want to do business. This is in stark contrast to eBay and many of the dubious practices which go on there. I won't go into all the problems over there sellers face as no doubt many of you are already only too aware and hence why you're on eBid!

What I wanted to say is this... as good as eBid is, it's a real shame that it just doesn't seem to have the pulling or selling power that eBay has. I've noticed that with my own products which sell incredibly well on eBay but which sadly are just not selling on eBid. I've done everything I can to promote them here. I maybe wrong here, as I am new to this site, but my feeling is that the site just lacks the level of buyer traffic that eBay has.

One thing however which did surprise and encourage me last week was making a high value sale (£350) via eBay on eBid! I listed the item on both sites and put the price slightly higher on eBay and mentioned to interested buyers that it was listed on my eBid listing cheaper. One buyer was only too happy to make the saving and I got the sale on eBid, even though the buyer initially saw the item on eBay. eBay had affectively provided me with a 40p advertisement which secured a buyer and a lot of other inquiries too!

I think this is a strategy which can work for other sellers in the same position as myself who find themselves locked into the eBay marketplace, incurring high selling costs and facing massive overseas competition, all of which squeezes tight margins and thus restricts what you can sell and prevents their business trying out new products and expanding.

I think we as auction sellers need to work together to change this and start to think long-term about eBid as a viable alternative marketplace. I've been selling on eBay for over 10 years and have I've recently decided to establish an eBay Seller Association because I think sellers need a body to represent their interests. What I would like to do sign-up as many eBay sellers as possible and use it as a vehicle to encourage them to start branching out to eBid with cross-selling.

This will bring more eBay buyers to eBid to help the marketplace grow, while at the same time helping small businesses. I'd welcome any thoughts or suggestions, or indeed any offers of help/support!

Paul

P.S. Merry Christmas everyone, and best wishes for a prosperous trading year in 2012!
    Last edited by netihealth; 24th December 2011 at 12:01 PM.

Default Re: eBay Seller Association and eBid

Well done hope it leads to more sales.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nicely done, kudos!

Happy holidaze and many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    All-About Megabrandsonline
    View Megabrandsonline's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well done!
    We are powersellers on eBay because of the high fees we are looking other ways to
    Promote and sell our product. Today I did a quick research about Ebid.net
    And found out there are lot of positive feedbacks.
    Today I have successfully listed a product in future list a lot more.
    About driving traffic for. eBay to Ebid it's a great way to promote your store and products.
    But I think it's against eBay policy I maybe wrong but please do your research
    Before getting your account suspended by eBay.
    Good luck

Pradeep
    Mega brands online

Forum Lurker
    View plantsfish's Feedback (+199)
    All-About plantsfish
    View plantsfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh yea if someone turns you in for that on Ebay your account would be perm banned in a flash.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry, but I don't think breaking the rules of a selling site is something to boast about, or be congratulated on. And I certainly wouldn't want the site owners anywhere to see I had a cavalier approach to making off-site sales. Nor would I want potential customers to think I only worried about rules that suited me. I do know how po-faced that looks, but I really think you should reconsider.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Netihealth
    yes I don't think that's very ethical either.

Also you say you think that ebid has less traffic than ebay.
    Well of course it has!
    It took you 10 years to find and join ebid

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Sorry, but I don't think breaking the rules of a selling site is something to boast about, or be congratulated on. And I certainly wouldn't want the site owners anywhere to see I had a cavalier approach to making off-site sales. Nor would I want potential customers to think I only worried about rules that suited me. I do know how po-faced that looks, but I really think you should reconsider.
    Agree.

Thread Information