Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: US Seller looking to ship overseas. Need Suggestions please!

Default US Seller looking to ship overseas. Need Suggestions please!

I'm looking for suggestions on how to go about sending items internationally.

I sell sports cards (weigh about 2-3 oz).

Can I get suggestions on the safest and most cost effective way of shipping from the US to overseas.

I want buyers to get there items and I also would like a way of tracking shipment for my own purposes.

Thank you!

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: US Seller looking to ship overseas. Need Suggestions please!

Quote Originally Posted by tegelercards View Post
    I'm looking for suggestions on how to go about sending items internationally.

I sell sports cards (weigh about 2-3 oz).

Can I get suggestions on the safest and most cost effective way of shipping from the US to overseas.

I want buyers to get there items and I also would like a way of tracking shipment for my own purposes.

Thank you!
    I'd probably use FCI myself, but it doesn't have tracking. Third party insurance might be a good work around that for those valuable ones. Otherwise I'd suggest self-insurance.

Forum Diehard
    View JimmyCee's Feedback (+85)
    All-About JimmyCee
    View JimmyCee's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd suggest you go to the post office and explain to them exactly what you need.
    They have everything, and there to answer any questions.
    I did that and after finding out what the cost's would be for my heavy items, I just figured forget it..

Forum Lurker
    View plantsfish's Feedback (+199)
    All-About plantsfish
    View plantsfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

I send my international live plants via priority mail, small flat rate box and envelope is $13.25. No tracking with that unfortunately, Per post office and customs. Was told I had to register for an additional $10 to track.

Cannot do 1st class international with Paypal or Post office online.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

I currently use Priority Mail for smalls (jewelry) myself, though I'm thinking of switching to 1st class d/t the coming increase in postal charges. Postal insurance is included with PM boxes for the amount specified on the customs form, (or so I've been told), at least to some countries, (mostly Europe), you may want to check out the postal website or contact your local P.O. for specifics.

Like jcjigs I don't ship larger items overseas as it's prohibitive cost-wise.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Diehard
    View JJcards's Feedback (+1672)
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sell and have sold sports cards online for years,shipping internationally I charge 6$ (shipping fees from Canada are horrendous) but I purchase and print my labels using paypal,I keep the lower half of the paypal stub with the invoice number which can be used as a record if need be of proof of shipment sent,I send up to 10 cards for this fee and use the standars softsleeves toploaders and a bubble mailer(team bag when needed)I have had maybe 5 problems arise with overseas sales in over 15 years of online selling

Hope this helps as I know if someone buys a 1$ card they are not going to fork over extra for a tracking number so I find using the paypal shipping safest (bringing it to my local post office does not offer me an invoice number so no proof)plus it shows up on your paypal as being printed a planned drop off date and options of insurance etc

Been the safest way I know to ship to the states and overseas,will not work for Canada for me unless I ship a large package so the smaller in country packets I need to bring to the post

Good luck and hope you find the easiest way to suite your needs as well as your buyers

Thread Information