eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: on each day buyer has a different paypal account.

Forum Newbie
    All-About maneeshpth
    View maneeshpth's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy on each day buyer has a different paypal account.

hi, i have successfully bid for an item from australia .i am from india and had some problems for paying with paypal as my debit cards cannot transfer money to paypal.so i wanted to use a credit card.i had received the confirmation mail as the successful bidder on last tuesday(6 days ago).i have contacted the seller through AAL and he had sent me an invoice.upto that it is OK.
    but on the first two days when i click for payment i am entering into the paypal account associated with the email id included in the sellers contact details.after two days i tried with another debit card then it is seen that now i have entered in another email id's paypal account.today(after another two days) when i tried to pay through the paypal account i have seen the link is associted with another email.id
    what should i do now? whenever i see different paypal accounts i feel nervous and quit without paying.expecting to hear from the experienced persons here since i am making the first purchase through ebid.
    (every time i entered through the payment button seen in the invoice the seller has sent to me)
    Last edited by maneeshpth; 16th January 2012 at 06:14 AM.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: on each day buyer has a different paypal account.

I'm sorry you are having a problem. I don't quite understand about the email id, though. When you click on the payment button, it should take you to paypal, and you put in your email address and your paypal password. When you click, then you are in your account, and the seller's information and the amount of your purchase should show.

Is this not happening??

I can imagine that it is possible for a person's paypal email address to be different to their regular or eBid email address......I don't know if eBid allows that, but perhaps the seller uses a spouse's paypal account. I know I have a paypal account, and my husband doesn't. If he buys something here, or Ebay, then I pay for it with my paypal and email address.........

If you want to private message me with the item number, I will take a look for you. Also, if you have a problem, you can contact support@ebid.net. Or, click on the help button at the top right of any page, then open a support ticket. good luck
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with HM, your login should take you to your Paypal account where you can select your payment option, credit card, bank transfer, etc.. Some sellers/buyers use Paypal accounts of relatives or friends, as HM mentioned, if they don't have an account of their own and some sellers do use multiple Paypal accounts (with different e mail addresses) for different purposes. As a seller, I've had buyers use different Paypal accounts to pay for items and it doesn't phase me, as long as I have the correct name and address for shipping purposes. As a buyer, if this makes you nervous, you may want to e mail the seller through the AAL (after auction log) to ask about this.

As HM said, if you're in doubt, you can contact support: support@ebid.net for more information. Kudos to you for taking the time to make sure all is on the up and up before sending money.

Good luck and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,
    Last edited by suesjools; 16th January 2012 at 11:56 AM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About maneeshpth
    Forum Posts

sir,
    my problem is as follows:
    on the first day when i was entering through the payment button (seen in the invoice the seller has sent to me) it is payment to xxx@x.com( i don't have a paypal account ).it was actually the email id associated in the sellers details(which was sent to me by ebid).because of the debit card issue i cannot make the payment that day.two days after i tried to pay similarly but i have reached to pay to yyy@x.com(paypal id).i have contacted Mr.x via AAl then he replied that YYY@x.com is his account.
    but when today i entered to make the payment a new mail id was seen at the paypal account.i was totally confused and asked it in the forum.i don't know why this guy is frequently changing the paypal accounts of the
    same auction.after the bidding is over (6 days ago) he has shown three paypal accounts.so suddenly i felt cold feeted and didn't made the payment.i am waiting for the expert people's opinion before doing so.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maneeshpth View Post
    sir,
    my problem is as follows:
    on the first day when i was entering through the payment button (seen in the invoice the seller has sent to me) it is payment to xxx@x.com( i don't have a paypal account ).it was actually the email id associated in the sellers details(which was sent to me by ebid).because of the debit card issue i cannot make the payment that day.two days after i tried to pay similarly but i have reached to pay to yyy@x.com(paypal id).i have contacted Mr.x via AAl then he replied that YYY@x.com is his account.
    but when today i entered to make the payment a new mail id was seen at the paypal account.i was totally confused and asked it in the forum.i don't know why this guy is frequently changing the paypal accounts of the
    same auction.after the bidding is over (6 days ago) he has shown three paypal accounts.so suddenly i felt cold feeted and didn't made the payment.i am waiting for the expert people's opinion before doing so.
    You should send this e mail to support: support@ebid.net in order to get a proper administrative response.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

agreed, this sounds as if it is something which should be reported to the offical ebid support. Changing the paypal addresses that often does seem rather strange to say the least. I would not complete the purchase until you have a clear official answer.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maneeshpth - do YOU have a paypal account?
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Maneeshpth - do YOU have a paypal account?
    Good question, Your Majesty, as without a Paypal account the OP wouldn't be able to pay through Paypal. Fortunately, Paypal buyer accounts are free to set up and use, (at least for the time being).

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31499)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that Paypal need to be contacted about the changes.

It could however that the seller has multiple paypal accounts ( I have two), and tries to channel money into one, then another. However a buyer needs stability and I would not pay someone who changed the paypal account into which I should pay, after purchase.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Newbie
    All-About maneeshpth
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Good question, Your Majesty, as without a Paypal account the OP wouldn't be able to pay through Paypal. Fortunately, Paypal buyer accounts are free to set up and use, (at least for the time being).

from the payment window there is an option for payment whom doesn't have a paypal account.there we had to enter the credit card and other details.in Paypal india such an option exists.so I tried to use that.
    As per the earlier experts words,i had contacted the ebid support and they asked me not to pay for the item and informed me that they had suspended the account of the seller with immediate effect(seller name=springbokkidale [+11]).In fact he has acted well as he had added 11 rating points with 100% satisfaction through repatoo.com.A GREAT WAY TO MAKE BELIEF THAT HE IS A GOOD SELLER.
    Anyway ebids and forum members timely response saved my money..thankyou very much dear friends.

Thread Information