Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Early experiences with eBid and what would make it better (for me anyway)

Forum Newbie
    Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot, United Kingdom
    View guitarninja's Feedback (+307)
    All-About guitarninja
    View guitarninja's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb Early experiences with eBid and what would make it better (for me anyway)

Mass Edit Button
    After listing almost 200 similar products in my store I’ve noticed that I can’t select them all and edit them in one easy step. For example; I have a load of items set to £4.99 but if I decide to try selling them at a lower price, say for example £3.99 over a weekend then I wouldn’t be able to do this since it would take far too long to go through them all one by one.
    If you could add a feature that allowed me to select “all” or tick the products that I want to alter that would be a great help, I imagine only the main features would need to be editable such as price, postage, quantity and maybe the description page.

Special Promotions
    One of the things that I’m am trialling out is a “5 for £20” offer, this basically allows buyers to buy any 5 items with the sticker on them and get the set for £20 instead of the full amount. I haven’t actually sold a set yet but I am wondering how I’m going to be able to pull it off…
    If you could add some kind of automatic feature that would allow us to do promotions like this that would be amazing, especially if you could set up time based promotions such pre-selected items going on sale on a certain set of days like an Easter sale for example.

Minor Improvements
    Recently I had an item sell but when the buyer paid with PayPal the postage amount didn’t come through, now I know that this is something that I have to set in PayPal however it would have been more helpful if eBid informed me of this when setting up the auction with a PayPal option the first time I made an auction instead of waiting for me to make a sale and kafuffle around with the buyer.

I will continue to edit this post to include new ideas as and when I come across them. Any feedback is always welcome

Default Re: Early experiences with eBid and what would make it better (for me anyway)

BUlk edit will change all the prices in one swoop - take 2 minutes.

Forum Newbie
    Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot, United Kingdom
    View guitarninja's Feedback (+307)
    All-About guitarninja
    View guitarninja's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Early experiences with eBid and what would make it better (for me anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    BUlk edit will change all the prices in one swoop - take 2 minutes.
    How on earth did I miss that??? lol

anyway thanks for pointing that out...of course any suggestions that you can think of is also welcome

Quote Originally Posted by guitarninja View Post
    How on earth did I miss that??? lol

anyway thanks for pointing that out...of course any suggestions that you can think of is also welcome
    If you need to do a bulk edit of all the descriptions - i find the easiest way is to export all the listings into a txt file, and save to the desktop.
    THen open up Ninja lister, and put them in there.
    If you are altering all the descriptions to the same thing, then do the top one, then right click on that column.
    It will then let you put that description in all the items.

BEFORE you upload them again - make sure you end them all in ebid - once ended, upload them all again.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Seller+ members can use the calendar option in listings to select specific dates to sell items. YDC items use this as YDC runs 4 days each month, from the 24th to the 28th. You could use the calendar feature for your time promos.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information