eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eBid Newsletter

Question eBid Newsletter

Hello all!

I hope I have the correct forum section for this question; is it me or did we miss 1 or 2 eBid Newsletter updates? The last eBid Newsletter I have sitting in my email was from November 2011... has eBid discontinued the Newsletter with or without notice? I really love reading them and seeing what changes have been made to eBid that previous month....

Thank you all very much for your help!

John C.
    CheapStudent

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Newsletter

I don't think the newsletter was discontinued, you may want to double check your settings to make sure you're still receiving it.

I, too enjoy the newsletter.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

@suesjools

I do see that the checkbox is checked to receive the newsletter, may I ask what was the last month you received? Maybe my junk e-mail is receiving it, I know that I did some tweaking with Outlook a week or so back.

Thank you,

John C.
    CheapStudent

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CheapStudent View Post
    @suesjools

I do see that the checkbox is checked to receive the newsletter, may I ask what was the last month you received? Maybe my junk e-mail is receiving it, I know that I did some tweaking with Outlook a week or so back.

Thank you,

John C.
    CheapStudent
    I believe I have December's issue in my Inbox somewhere.

Yes, do check your junk folder, lots of times I send stuff there unintentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    I believe I have December's issue in my Inbox somewhere.

Yes, do check your junk folder, lots of times I send stuff there unintentionally.

@suesjools

According to the following site; http://www.mootango.webspace.virginm...newsletter.asp the last published month was November 2011. Not blaming anyone here but a month was missed... unless it is set up where December will be issued this month...? I get confused sometimes as to what month is released when...

Thanks,

John C.
    CheapStudent

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I recall, there was no December newsletter.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hope the guys won't mind me saying, but the newsletter is written every month - but doesn't always get sent, I think for operational reasons. After writing there are still some processes it has to go through before it's issued from eBid Towers, and pressure of work on more important aspects of the site tend to mean they don't always prioritise doing that, I believe. This is entirely my personal interpretation and is in no way an official response. I try not to get into discussions about the newsletter as I think it would be inappropriate, but equally I'd hate anybody to think I don't supply it and just leave a client hanging!

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+90)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I hope the guys won't mind me saying, but the newsletter is written every month - but doesn't always get sent, I think for operational reasons. After writing there are still some processes it has to go through before it's issued from eBid Towers, and pressure of work on more important aspects of the site tend to mean they don't always prioritise doing that, I believe. This is entirely my personal interpretation and is in no way an official response. I try not to get into discussions about the newsletter as I think it would be inappropriate, but equally I'd hate anybody to think I don't supply it and just leave a client hanging!
    You do a fantastic job kim !

If ebid can find the time to post on facebook , twit posts etc then i recommend they find 10min to upload a few images ,check, copy and paste the newsletter and press send ! (as a programmer if there are more steps than that god help us)

Can i suggest if eBid are going to miss a news letter can it not be at one of the busiest times of the year for eBid and it's paying sellers.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Sorry, looks like I was mistaken, not the first time.

Oh well, I do enjoy the newsletter, kudos to Kimbo for the excellent job she does as editor.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo750 View Post
    You do a fantastic job kim !

If ebid can find the time to post on facebook , twit posts etc then i recommend they find 10min to upload a few images ,check, copy and paste the newsletter and press send ! (as a programmer if there are more steps than that god help us)

Can i suggest if eBid are going to miss a news letter can it not be at one of the busiest times of the year for eBid and it's paying sellers.
    I agree, and one badly out of date mailshot over the entire festive period wasn't exactly a ton of help for sellers either !

Can't you employ somebody to sort all this marketing stuff please eBid ? I'm sure the site would soon get busier as a result and their wages would soon be recouped !

Thread Information