Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: eBid Newsletter

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Newsletter

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Can't you employ somebody to sort all this marketing stuff please eBid ? I'm sure the site would soon get busier as a result and their wages would soon be recouped !
    I've pumped for this before. Someone who knows about marketing and not someone doing it as a sideline to making the tea. There must be tons of people with marketing degrees around (my nephew included) that would jump at the chance to use their qualifications and get something on their CV other than 'Worked frying burgers in McDonalds'.

I appreciate it is easy to sit here and spend eBid's money, but they are really weak in this area and need to seriously look at what they can do to improve things.

Even the newsletter does not make it once a month, and the rare mailshot is so out of date it is embarrassing - in fact, all their communication could do with an overhaul.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Marketing is not exactly ebid's forte.

And I thought Bykimbo was on holiday in the South of France

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Marketing is not exactly ebid's forte.

And I thought Bykimbo was on holiday in the South of France
    PMSL, sorry Juliebabe, tears of laughter here - is that from bykimbo's amassed fortune from editing the newsletter ?! Did she take her luxury yacht with her ?! ... visions of Kimbo at Cannes breaking open the champers with the special eBid label on it !

Oh lordy sarge, you made me bust out laughing .....
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

PMSL, sorry Juliebabe, tears of laughter here - is that from bykimbo's amassed fortune from editing the newsletter ?! Did she take her luxury yacht with her ?! ... visions of Kimbo at Cannes breaking open the champers with the special eBid label on it !
    LMAO! I wonder if she'll share any with Bob?

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not sure I've ever been to the South of France... hmmm... I've done Monaco a couple of times, but that was years ago. And I've been on non-luxury yachts, but none that I owned. And I like Champers, but not the stuff I can afford . Oh dear, I'm not managing much of a hit rate here, but I like the concept!

p.s. In case anybody's got a luxury yacht in the South of France they wish to set-up for my pleasure, I'm rather fond of Taittinger,thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post

p.s. In case anybody's got a luxury yacht in the South of France they wish to set-up for my pleasure, I'm rather fond of Taittinger,thank you.
    I have a small cottage (currently without a bathroom) available in the rainy north of France - will that do? You'd have to buy your own champagne - but it is cheap! Well - cheap for champagne - and then if you'll settle for wine .... now THAT is cheap!

However, I thought that the whole point of "appointing" bykimbo to write a newsletter was to avoid these gaps in production? If you are writing it and sending it to HQ surely it isn't difficult for them to send it out after a quick verification process? If it doesn't get sent to eBid members do you write another according to schedule for the next month or wait until the one in the filing cabinet has been despatched????

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    I have a small cottage (currently without a bathroom) available in the rainy north of France - will that do? You'd have to buy your own champagne - but it is cheap! Well - cheap for champagne - and then if you'll settle for wine .... now THAT is cheap!
    Certainly sounds more like my budget... but staying home with a cuppa's even more realistic, I fear.

However, I thought that the whole point of "appointing" bykimbo to write a newsletter was to avoid these gaps in production? If you are writing it and sending it to HQ surely it isn't difficult for them to send it out after a quick verification process? If it doesn't get sent to eBid members do you write another according to schedule for the next month or wait until the one in the filing cabinet has been despatched????
    Sorry, really can't comment.

Its ok to employ a Marketing Expert but they dont come cheap and they will want a good budget, remember one site i was on did this and fees went up buyers left and site is no more.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post

Sorry, really can't comment.
    As in "You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment." - or otherwise...

Thread Information