Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should Mums be forced to buy their babies an Olympic Games Ticket?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

10 41.67%
  • NO

5 20.83%
  • Who Care's

4 16.67%
  • Other (please state)

5 20.83%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Should mums to be have to buy their babies a ticket to the Olympic Games?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: POLL: Should mums to be have to buy their babies a ticket to the Olympic Games?

Anyone who wants to take a baby to the Olympics should have the baby taken into care!

I'm exaggerating. It's called hyperbole but you get my drift.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Default Re: POLL: Should mums to be have to buy their babies a ticket to the Olympic Games?

Off topic a bit. There is a local steak and pizza restaurant in town that is one of the nicer restaurants. It's the kind of place that businessmen would go to for a lunch meeting. My husband and I rarely go out to eat. We went out on New Year's Eve (which is our wedding anniversary) for a nice dinner at this restaurant. Our meal was ruined by unruly and loud kids and the parents who ignored those kids. If they wanted pizza there is such a thing as take out. If they were out for New Year's, then I don't know why they wouldn't want to leave their offspring with a babysitter.

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Off topic a bit. There is a local steak and pizza restaurant in town that is one of the nicer restaurants. It's the kind of place that businessmen would go to for a lunch meeting. My husband and I rarely go out to eat. We went out on New Year's Eve (which is our wedding anniversary) for a nice dinner at this restaurant. Our meal was ruined by unruly and loud kids and the parents who ignored those kids. If they wanted pizza there is such a thing as take out. If they were out for New Year's, then I don't know why they wouldn't want to leave their offspring with a babysitter.
    While I totally agree that unruly children can wreck a meal out, a babysitter on New Year's Eve? No chance! We always had to take our children with us, but there was always provision for children where we went.
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think 10 is a good age,
    under that I do not think the kids would enjoy it, nor anybody else.
    It may also be a distraction to competitors.

May be if there was an equivalent to Henmans Hill / Murry's Mount,
    just outside the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    While I totally agree that unruly children can wreck a meal out, a babysitter on New Year's Eve? No chance! We always had to take our children with us, but there was always provision for children where we went.
    But I'll bet you didn't take your children to that kind of restaurant on New Year's eve. If I go to McD's I expect kids. It's a restaurant for kids and families. The restaurant that I'm talking about is not a typical family type restaurant.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

If they were out for New Year's, then I don't know why they wouldn't want to leave their offspring with a babysitter.
    A babysitter would cost money - DRINKING MONEY!!!

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

But I'll bet you didn't take your children to that kind of restaurant on New Year's eve. If I go to McD's I expect kids. It's a restaurant for kids and families. The restaurant that I'm talking about is not a typical family type restaurant.
    Oh, yes, I realise that and I wouldn't let my children misbehave anywhere (they are out of my control now at 26 & 30!).
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Fossy's Feedback (+826)
    All-About Fossy
    View Fossy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Oh, yes, I realise that and I wouldn't let my children misbehave anywhere (they are out of my control now at 26 & 30!).
    ............ and you look so young!!
    Chris
    (The sex & drugs have gone, but the rock 'n roll lives on)

Listen to Fossy on the Mojo Fingers Blues Show - Every weekday from 7 till 8pm

If Harmonica players don't blow - they suck.

Thanks to this thread they are going to reconsider this issue,Mums up and down the Country can thank EBID.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Thanks to this thread they are going to reconsider this issue,Mums up and down the Country can thank EBID.
    Odd...I thought the consensus of this thread was that babes shouldn't be allowed in at all - let alone for free.

Thread Information